Nicolai Helius AM/AFR 29er

Nachdem Reiten ein Nicolai Helius AC29er seit über einem Jahr nun, von denen ich hatte Karl Nicolai für mich zu bauen, muss ich sagen, ist jetzt in der Nicolai Rahmen Line-up ... Yeah ha ..... Jedenfalls hatte ich immer in meinem Kopf, dass ich eine lange Reise Typ 29er wie zu meinem Helius FR ersetzen ...

Mein Stall von 29er ist so ziemlich komplett .....

This:

TheJones29thJan201111.jpg

To this:

HeliusAC291.jpg

To to This this:

hel-AFR-29-Whafe.jpg

HeliusAM29er3.jpg

AM29erParts1.jpg

AM29erFrame2.jpg

Mmmmmmm1.jpg

Mmmmmmm2.jpg

Mmmmmmm6.jpg

Whoa1.jpg

Whoa3.jpg

Mmmmmmm5.jpg

AM29er3.jpg

Build Spec:

Nicolai Helius AM / AFR 29er Frame
Dorado Pro 29er
Cane Creek Winkel eingestellt
Race Face Kurbeln Sixc
Chromag schwarz QR Sattelklemme
Chromag schwarz 32t-Ring-Kette
ENVE Carbon DH Bar
Rock Shox Vivid Dämpfer
Thomson Masterpiece Sattelstütze
Straitline Silent Guide
Ersatzteil Set von BLUE stille Führer
ENVE (EDGE) Mountain Felgen zu Hadley Naben, Sapim CX Ray Speichen geschnürt
@ vorliegenden Thomson 50mm Vorbau
Formula The One's
XO Hinten Der
XO Shifter
ODI TLD Grips

Hello.

First off, great bikes, and that comes from a guy who hates 29".

Please do yourself, and the reader, a favour - stick to english! Most of us understand it anyway and for the rest, well, someone translates. Google translation does not make it easier to read, it only adds the task of reverse translating and retranslating to the reader who is allready hardpressed thinking straight after being flooded with pictures of your exceptional bikes.

With such pictures, thinking straight IS an issue.

Greetings,
Stefan

P.S.: Are you sure the shock and linkage do not touch one another once suspension is in motion?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello.

First off, great bikes, and that comes from a guy who hates 29".

Please do yourself, and the reader, a favour - stick to english! Most of us understand it anyway and for the rest, well, someone translates. Google translation does not make it easier to read, it only adds the task of reverse translating and retranslating to the reader who is allready hardpressed thinking straight after being flooded with pictures of your exceptional bikes.

With such pictures, thinking straight IS an issue.

Greetings,
Stefan

P.S.: Are you sure the shock and linkage do not touch one another once suspension is in motion?

Apologies for translating, I had both languages for a start ;)

The shock and linkage do not touch when the suspension is cycling.

Have you ridden 29ers much Stefan?

I am a dwarf (172cm, .1tons), for a guy my size, 29" has no advantages to speak of, but I know, for a guy 20++cm bigger, thats a different story.
But from my (down to earth) perspective, not much to gain from those big wheels. Neighter are there technical advantages (for the short guy), nor do I consider most of them aesthetically pleasing.

Still, yours I like. All of them, the Jones and both the Nicolais. Which for me, sais a lot. :daumen:

Greetings,
Stefan

----i like the ac too - but as a normal mtb ....
what ral number is the orange colour ??? greez , k.

The AC 29er is a single track speed machine... The orange is the standard orange off of the Nicolai colour chart.... See how the fork is the same colour, but the magnesium fork legs took the colour differently to the ali frame...

33.24lb? Surprisingly lightweight.

+1 for the AC. The polished post and stem are a nice touch.

I too like the polished stem and seat post, I had always gone with black, so needed a change for the AC29er, so am really happy with the polished colour...

Yes the AM29er is quite light, but it has light parts ;)

Are you from NZ? I googled the Mad Butcher Trail (sign in the AC pic) and found some hints that it may be in NZ.

And this:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hv8dMCiitg"]YouTube - Pulp Sport - MAD Mad Butcher - Brokeback Mountain Biking[/nomedia]

The front mount looks like the one from the FR
I only knew this one

Maybe it is this way, because you have the 29er:confused:

Understand now, it never came up in discussion, but Kalle may have just put the FR type mount on this for extra stiffness, being a 29er....

It is an amazingly stiff frame, I love it :)

Have to agree with you that it does look better than the original AC link...

Am stoked to be heading out on the AM29er in the morning my time.. :)

Getting busy on it today. Loving the AM29er, 2nd ride today, but am in love... This bike is awesome, and I dont say that for the sake of it... I feel I have succeeded in my goal, of which was to build a 29er to replace my FR... Job done.... This bike rips, handles great, climbs great, jumps great now that I have got used to it, just needed to shift my weight at take off.... Has a mean low BB, TLR, you would not like it ;)

derek - am getting used to the fork, it is still settling in, it got better today, there were some knocking noise inside when landing a decent jump to me, that seems to have gone away. I will still get someone to look at the fork oil levels etc... In an ideal world, I would not be running a dual crown fork, but as have said before, options are not a plenty, in saying that, I am very happy with it. I always knew it would do the job on DH and jumps, but it is not to bad for everything else.. It is heavy though compared to a single crown fork...

WoodhillFeb19th201138.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th201135.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th201133.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th201125.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th201126.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th201127.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th201128.jpg

Momentus doing it....

WoodhillFeb19th201112.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th20114.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th20111.jpg

WoodhillFeb19th20112.jpg

Arm was way better today, last week was about 6 out of 10 in the pain zone, today was around 1.5, so stoked am on the mend...

Yes! Georgous bike! Pretty nice jumps as well...

Love it!

As far as I know you have or had some more beautuful Nicolais. Would you be so kind and show us some pictures of them?

Zurück
Oben Unten