Dein Pyga in Aktion [Galerie]

41998151.JPG

First Ride December 2012

Well, first of all I know the characteristics of the Pygas pretty well and rode all of them. I assumed you have not changed the tune or the volume can of your shock. I really tried to bottom out the OneTwenty (whichs suspension is very similar to the OneTen) but I didn`t managed to do it.
Beyond that your fork is bottoming out as well as your tire and you still have got more than a third of the rear travel left although you`re centered well over the bike. And it`s an 110mm bike hitting a flat drop of about 1,2m. I´d expected a bottom out.

Good point. Although I can't remember that exact moment there I think it's possible that, for some reason, the bottom out of the rear was just before or just after that moment. Because I resetted the sag indicators on each run and at the end of the run both sag indicators where at the max travel. Besides that. The bike feels very "in balance".

But to make sure that it can still feel better; is it easy to make it less progressive? Or would that mean I would need to mount a debonair sleeve?

The bikes are very ballanced, no question about that. Still I think the OneTwenty and the OneTen are so progressive that most riders won`t use the whole travel with the normal shock. But it already is the L-tune, so the Debon Air would probably be the best solution. The normal Monarch is pretty progressive.

It depends a bit of the Version. First Generation 2013 Monarch was quite progressive and even riding hard and with 90 kg it was difficult to find a Setting to get it responsive and to be able to use the travel. A big air can did make it better - I tried.
The 2014 Monarch is totally different (stock mounted model, custom Version for PYGA), that works quite well. So assume if you ride that Version you will not have any probs to find an appropriate Setting - as you set.
I have been told DebonAir std Version would not fit very well to the Oneten/Onetwenty, but maybe the changed to DebonAir as for the Oneforty for the actual models. But would be very likely a custom Version of the DebonAir then.

Hey, thanks for your advice. I have the 2014 rct3, the one with the black bevel on the blue switch and indeed, it works fine. I'll think I keep it this way and just be happy with it. :)

Zurück
Oben Unten