Zeigt her eure PYGAs

Mach auf jeden Fall die 140er Pike. Wirst dich wundern, was mit dem Hobel dann geht.
Ja .. stimmt schon, es gibt bloß in erreichbarer Nähe kaum Natur wo ich das ausfahren könnte. eigentlich brauche ich keine Pike um durch den Wald zu hacken. Da kann ich ja auf 50km grade mal 400hm "sammeln", schleppe aber ständig die Pike mit rum, deren Grenzen ich vielleicht einmal im Jahr austeste. Und ständig Biketrips blos um die Gabel auszufahren machen ist einfach nicht drin.

Habe auf Instagram gerade eine schöne Vorschau auf die zukünftigen PYGA Modelle erhalten

Anhänge

• IMG_2052.PNG
    IMG_2052.PNG
    635,7 KB · Aufrufe: 105
  • IMG_2053.PNG
    IMG_2053.PNG
    631,2 KB · Aufrufe: 110
Danke Leute. Ja. RCT3 kenn ich ja von der Revelation. Funktioniert auch ganz gut.

Nachdem ich das PYGA vom Teamfahrer Louis Bressler-Knipe gesehen hab, der Dämpfer und Gabel vom Lenker aus blockieren kann, könnte ich mir auch XX Dämpfung vorstellen.

Naja. Erstmal fahren dann ändern.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429437530.717903.jpg

Teambike LBK

Anhänge

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429437530.717903.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429437530.717903.jpg
    103,4 KB · Aufrufe: 152
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755801.622602.jpg

In XL.
With shock, seatpost collar, rear axle, headset cups and paint.

Same for the Pyga:
dd638cecd17c0cf4004ff1c963e2b08d.jpg

Anhänge

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755801.622602.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755801.622602.jpg
    271,6 KB · Aufrufe: 137
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@doezel thanks for sharing. About what I expected after hearing that the evil is not a very light frame. For the moment 400gramms in savings wouldn't let me swap out my Pyga, which, after updating the shock to DebonAir and fine tuning it, doesn't leave anything to be desired except being a lighter basis for further weight cutting.

Edit: the red paint looks very nice. I was always jealous of the red paint on the onetwenty.

Weight wouldn't (shouldn't) be the reason to swap. At least not for me. I made the pic with the weight of the Pyga just yesterday.

The reason for me to swap is the completely different geometry (and also that it's adjustable).

Carbon is just a nice material which enables Evil to make frames like these. Not to make them light. Lightness is not something that is needed for bikes like these. Robustness, strength and less flex is what's needed and carbon delivers that.

Edit: it's ORANGE! :)

The Pyga is lava orange and the Evil is Don't shoot Orange.

@danchoize

This is what it's all about:
GeoPygaVSEvilXL.jpg

The Evil is the green line, the Pyga is the red line (yes, should have been the other way around :) )
I've made the seattube the length of my saddle height to compare that as well.
I've entered all the calculations for both bikes based on my 140mm Pike, 50mm stem and 780mm steerer.

what you see: (all seen from the bottom bracket)
Evil chainstay is shorter
Evil seattube is slacker (I had the place my sadle all the way back on the Pyga, not so on the Evil)
Wheelbase is almost the same (differs 1.6mm)
Evil head angle is way slacker
Evil headtube is about 1cm shorter. So when I placed a 1cm spacer under my stem I had the same sitting position
Reach and Stack are almost the same

bottomline:
for me the Evil sits equally as good as the Pyga (which I liked a lot!)
But because of the short chainstay it's much more playful to drive
And because of the slacked head-angle it's more stable (and capable) to downhill

I can PM you the link to this excel sheet so you can fiddle around with the numbers yourself.
GeoPygaVSEvilXLNumbers.jpg

Hier mal das Oneten29 in X-Large mit einer der ersten Pyga CarbonPrototypen Felgen.
(Der rote Rand um die Felgen wird nicht Serienmäßig)

Ausstattung;
Gabel: Revelation 130 RCT3 Solo Air
Dämpfer:RockShox Monarch RT3
Antrieb:SRAM XO1 / X1 Mix
Laufräder: Pyga Carbon Rims / Shocka cycling Naben
Pedale: XT Trail

Gewicht: (wird nachgereicht)

FullSizeRender5.jpg
FullSizeRender4.jpg
FullSizeRender3.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
FullSizeRender2.jpg