SR Suntour Durolux SF-9 180-140mm

Hi Team,
I'm actually looking into this model but I'm having some doubt after reading the article below
http://www.cycletaiwan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=71

Quote from the article "The fork, when set to correct sag, would bottom out over everything. Even coming down from a curb would bottom it out! We also could not detect any sign of the claimed anti brake-dive system as the fork would compress by over 60% even at a lightest braking at walking pace. When riding at a jogging pace on a flat road, applying the front brake would lift the real wheel off the ground!

We are not quite sure, to be honest. This is definitively NOT a freeride fork. I also cannot say that it is a good Enduro or All Mountain fork simply because if your trails go down the hill, the fork will dive so much that the rapid change in your bike's geometry and the center of gravity may make you fly over the handlebars or lose control."

Since this review is before the fork went into production, I'm still sceptical about it performanse as a DH/Freeride fork.

Would it be possible for you to explain how it fare now? Really don't want a fork that compress a lot when I brake.

Thanks.

Hi,
from the discussions here in this forum, I expect it will be hard for you to read german, there where a few issues with the rebound to be too strong.
but not dive away during normal ride.
the 2009 dampening cartridge is in use for a few month now in the 2008 models, as the change to the new system was an ongoing process.
there are very good replies about the service in germany. for usual Service takes about 1-2 weeks, including shipping in and back.
Reviews from a Giant Bike where the Durolux was installed as an OEM Fork where good, with the exception that the bike needed some speed to start work correctly.
Also I had a few personal contacts with owners of this fork and they where lucky with the performance.

Manfred

Hi,
from the discussions here in this forum, I expect it will be hard for you to read german, there where a few issues with the rebound to be too strong.
but not dive away during normal ride.
the 2009 dampening cartridge is in use for a few month now in the 2008 models, as the change to the new system was an ongoing process.
there are very good replies about the service in germany. for usual Service takes about 1-2 weeks, including shipping in and back.
Reviews from a Giant Bike where the Durolux was installed as an OEM Fork where good, with the exception that the bike needed some speed to start work correctly.
Also I had a few personal contacts with owners of this fork and they where lucky with the performance.

Manfred

So how do i know whether the existing sf9 here it is using a 2009 dampening cartridge and what about the service since I'm from Malaysia. I have 1 LBS selling it recently called Tat Seng Bicycle Centre.

I really wanna to have and alternative beside Fox or Mazorcchi.

By the way, this is one of the European site where I know there is Durolux SF9 user cause all the english written does not have it.

Hope you can assist further.

SRSuntour stated a few days ago for forks available in Germany, that forks delivered from last month on should have the new cartridge built in.

Maybe they will comment this thread shortly.

Manfred

So how do i know whether the existing sf9 here it is using a 2009 dampening cartridge and what about the service since I'm from Malaysia. I have 1 LBS selling it recently called Tat Seng Bicycle Centre.

I really wanna to have and alternative beside Fox or Mazorcchi.

By the way, this is one of the European site where I know there is Durolux SF9 user cause all the english written does not have it.

Hope you can assist further.

Hi Wai Meng,

Sorry but I can not say to much about that report cause it was handle by our head office in taiwan. I got the information that this fork was a pre-mass production sample which had a failure within the air chambers.
That was why the fork did sag that much while braking actions.

I don't know if they tested the fork again after it was repaired by our Taiwanese staff. But as Manfred already reported a lot of people are more then lucky with their forks.

Yes we had some issues going on with the adjustability of the rebound speed but after we made some changes to the cartrigde the problem is gone. If you go now and by a fork it should 90% have the new cartridge assembled.

Hope this helps you to make your decision.

If you have any further question feel free to contact us again.

Cheers

SR SUNTOUR SERVICE

Hi Wai Meng,

Sorry but I can not say to much about that report cause it was handle by our head office in taiwan. I got the information that this fork was a pre-mass production sample which had a failure within the air chambers.
That was why the fork did sag that much while braking actions.

I don't know if they tested the fork again after it was repaired by our Taiwanese staff. But as Manfred already reported a lot of people are more then lucky with their forks.

Yes we had some issues going on with the adjustability of the rebound speed but after we made some changes to the cartrigde the problem is gone. If you go now and by a fork it should 90% have the new cartridge assembled.

Hope this helps you to make your decision.

If you have any further question feel free to contact us again.

Cheers

SR SUNTOUR SERVICE

Hi Suntour Team,
Thank for the info cause I can sleep now knowing that it will not just accidentally bottom out with a 4-8' drop else there is no point buying it even thought it is use for Freeride/DH.
1 more questions, does the fork prone to undo the travel height from 160 to 180mm after a drop or a bump. Hope this is not a silly question.

Thanks.

Regards,
Wai Meng

Hi Wai Meng,
what do you exactly mean with if the fork will prone?
do you mean an unintended change of the travel hight when you use the full adjusted travel and then rebound to the negative travel?

Manfred

Hi Wai Meng,
what do you exactly mean with if the fork will prone?
do you mean an unintended change of the travel hight when you use the full adjusted travel and then rebound to the negative travel?

Manfred

Hi Manfred,
Not sure if I have put it correctly but I'll try. If I adjust the travel lower than 180mm, let say 170mm, will it sag further or increase back to 180mm after a bumpy ride? Cause from the forum I read it does.

Thanks

Zurück
Oben Unten