Der offizielle C´dale Hooligan Thread

Hallo da draußen. Ich modifiziere gerade mein Hooligan. Ich möchte mir vorne ein neues Laufrad zu legen. Geplant ist die tune Cannonball für leftys nur welche passt? Kann ich die neue 2.0ohne Adapter fahren oder brauch ich die mit Adapter . finde leider nichts über diese lefty .

Also wäre das die
http://www.tnc-hamburg.com/TNC-Shop...-Lefty-Vorderradnabe-32-Loch-rot--34237.htmlP wird dazu noch der Adapter benötigt?

Link Funktioniert nicht!

Steht schon in der Beschreibung: "nur kompatibel mit SuperMax oder 2.0". Der Bremsscheiben adapter ist 7mm zu breit, du wirst keine Brems- Sattel montieren können...
Du brauchst eine originale Cannonball die kompatibel ist mit der originalen Lefty Nabe, Lefty 50 Nabe, 1.0...
Alles was 2.0, SuperMax oder Lefty 60 ist, ist nicht mit dem hooligan kompatibel!

http://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1983140?page=2&in=set

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hallo zusammen!
Ich möchte meinen Cannondale Fuhrpark um ein Hooligan in Berserker Green erweitern...
Falls jemand einen Tip hat bitte PN an mich.... :)
Danke und Gruß!

Cappuracer

Moin zusammen
Ich hab das hooligan 2016 und möchte eine lefty gefedert dafür , wo bekomme ich das und wie hoch sind die Kosten? Kann mir da jemand helfen ? Gruß ata

Ich hab bis jetzt 5 Hooli's mit Lefty auf gebaut. Sehr involviert mit vielen spezial Teilen (überlanges Steuere Rohr, neue Lefty Brücken, etc.).
Hier ein paar von meinen 60+ Hooligan Projekten: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/44496

Es gibt zwei Möglichkeiten, 1) die nicht so teure Version mit einer älteren Lefty (mit Plastik Balg) aber sehr viele Fräs-teile oder 2) die teurere Version mit der Carbon Hybrid Lefty (Weniger Teile aber teure Lefty). Auf jeden fall wirst du den Wert deines Hooligans verdoppelt oder verdreifachen!

Die "billigste" Version war eine rigid Lefty (ohne Federung)... http://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/81269

Die günstigste Version ist die Verwendung einer regulären Feder Gabel...

Hier ein paar Bilder von einem von meinen Lefty Projekten: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/67303

Hier eine Kollektion von gefederten Hooligans: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/81460

Hoffe das hilft.

Fragen an die Spezialisten:

Kann ich eine KMC S1 Kette fürs Hool verwenden?
Wide 1/8'' for internal gear/single speed

Ich wollte die Centerlock hinten lösen, leider komme ich mit zwei unterschiedlichen Shimano Kassettenabzieher aufgrund der Bauweise der Nabe nicht nah genug an den Abschlussring ran. Hat da jemand eine Idee/Empfehlung?

Danke

Servus zusammen,
Falls jemand noch ein Olive grünes Hooligan sucht kann er sich gern bei mir melden. Da ich doch was größeres für meinen Arbeitsweg benötige. Werde es die Tage mal in den Bikemarkt auch stellen.
Gruß
Bgh

Hi guys!
First of all, I apologize for writing in English, but my German is not good enough to write everything I want to write.
Anyhow, I have a question about the Hooligan sizes, if there are any. I'm sorry if this question has already been discussed.
So, I've bought my first Hooligan yesterday! I've been very excited waiting for it to arrive, but the problem is, I've bought it sight unseen, which is obviously never a good idea. But my local Cannondale retailer didn't have in stock (nor did anyone else in the country) so I couldn't try it. And as it turns out, it's too small! I am 189 cm tall and I feel cramped, it's like riding a children's bike!
I wasn't very worried about the size when I ordered it for two reasons; firstly, I've owned a 20 inch bike before (namely the DAHON Mu P8) and it was fine, no size issues whatsoever. Secondly, the Cannondale Europe website said it was one size, so I thought that was that.
So, are there any sizes available for the Hooligan or not? I suppose I'm not the only tall(ish) guy riding a Hooligan...? How do you guys fit?
Furthermore, on the Cannondale site there is a chart, which is attached, with two columns 'O' and 'OS', and I thought OS meant 'One Size'. What does the 'S' stand for? The sizes (lengths) of the various geometry components in the two columns are different.
On the other hand, there is a sticker on my bike's frame saying 'Medium size'. The picture is also attached. Why would they stick it there if there was only one size...? And if this really is a 'Medium' frame, is there also a Large frame?
In conclusion, what can I do, return it, sell it, make it bigger :))?
Any thoughts would help, thanks!!

Anhänge

• MY17_GEOS_26_HOOLIGAN_WEB.jpg
    MY17_GEOS_26_HOOLIGAN_WEB.jpg
    106,4 KB · Aufrufe: 116
  • Medium size.JPG
    Medium size.JPG
    170,3 KB · Aufrufe: 99
Hi guys!
First of all, I apologize for writing in English, but my German is not good enough to write everything I want to write.
Anyhow, I have a question about the Hooligan sizes, if there are any. I'm sorry if this question has already been discussed.
So, I've bought my first Hooligan yesterday! I've been very excited waiting for it to arrive, but the problem is, I've bought it sight unseen, which is obviously never a good idea. But my local Cannondale retailer didn't have in stock (nor did anyone else in the country) so I couldn't try it. And as it turns out, it's too small! I am 189 cm tall and I feel cramped, it's like riding a children's bike!
I wasn't very worried about the size when I ordered it for two reasons; firstly, I've owned a 20 inch bike before (namely the DAHON Mu P8) and it was fine, no size issues whatsoever. Secondly, the Cannondale Europe website said it was one size, so I thought that was that.
So, are there any sizes available for the Hooligan or not? I suppose I'm not the only tall(ish) guy riding a Hooligan...? How do you guys fit?
Furthermore, on the Cannondale site there is a chart, which is attached, with two columns 'O' and 'OS', and I thought OS meant 'One Size'. What does the 'S' stand for? The sizes (lengths) of the various geometry components in the two columns are different.
On the other hand, there is a sticker on my bike's frame saying 'Medium size'. The picture is also attached. Why would they stick it there if there was only one size...? And if this really is a 'Medium' frame, is there also a Large frame?
In conclusion, what can I do, return it, sell it, make it bigger :))?
Any thoughts would help, thanks!!

Hi there,

So, yes there is only one size sold in Europe and most countries around the globe. That said the "OS" stands for "original size" and there used to be an attempt to sell an "s" size or small for women/children. As far as I am aware no "s" size Hooligan was ever sold outside of the Asian market. We tried to order one in Switzerland and we failed! (And my daughter was just fine with hers, only mod was to get a shorter seat post!)
As there is no "OS" sticker, all the Hooligans come with the "M" designation and we sold about 40 Hooligans over the years and I worked on over 70 and all had, at least if they still had the sticker on, the "M" sticker. Don't ask me why... (The guys at Cannondale couldn't tell me either!)

No there is no Large! I owned every single model starting with the 2008 up to the 2018 (Currently I own 11! here a couple of them side by side: https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/2223321?in=set ) and all Frames are about the same size, there are 4 Generations starting with the 2008/2009 which came with a regular double fork and had space for 2.5 inch tires, 2010/11 started with the Solo fork and the rear started to get narrower (less space for big tires), with the 2012/13 we switched to the new Solo forks and went up to the 1.5 inch headset and the geometry changed. Starting with the 2014 up to the 2018 we got an almost new frame and lost the Hooligan 2 and Road versions (Derailleur models without Eccentric Bottom bracket). But again all the frames where about the same size and geometry!
There is a totally new Hooligan for 2019 rumored... but we'll see about that, won't we!

Here a rundown on all available models over the years: https://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/81662

A good friend of mine is 194 cm and he rides just fine, it's up to the person to say what is comfy and what not:
https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/2022987?in=set

Personally I think it needs a longer stem! (I am 185cm btw) The largest you can get from Cannondale is 120mm at 20 degrees. I thought that's not quite what I had in mind and I made my own:
https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/2034241?in=set
https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/2071247?in=set

And here almost all of my mods that I made over the years... I missed the photo op on some earlier mods:
https://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/44496

I hope that makes sense and was of some use to you.
Greetings from Basel, Switzerland!

Sincerely,

Erwin

PS: For further answers and solutions, join us on Facebook at the Cannondale Hooligan forum, we have almost 1600 Hooligan owners/members from around the globe! Cheers!

Dear Erwin,

thank you for taking the time to write such an informative and far-reaching reply.

I am new to modifying bikes so some of my questions might seem silly. :)

I guess the main thing bugging me is what to do. You said that a totally new Hooligan is rumoured for 2019.

Do you think it is justified to hope that the new one would have a larger frame or at least different sizes available? And if so, what do I do with this one (since I don’t need two :)? Do I invest some money and start modifying this one, and ride it for the better part of the year and then sell it, and then get a new one in 2019 hoping that it would have a larger frame? (But perhaps by that time I wouldn’t need one any more)...? :)
On the other hand, would it be wiser to sell this one now, and save the money for the new one, and in case there are still no larger sizes available modify it as I would modify this one?

This is all speculation on my part, and maybe I’m going about this the wrong way, but since you have a lot of experience of ownership of such bikes maybe you have some thoughts...?

In any case, as far as modifications are concerned, I think you are definitely right, it needs a longer stem, among other things.
I believe it would be important for me to raise the height of the handlebars and to push them away from the body, thus extending the reach.

As I understand, raising the height of the handlebars can be done in more ways than one;
Would it be wise to try to do all of these things, or just some of them, and if for instance all, would it negatively affect the geometry and/or handling of the bike?

Could you perhaps provide a list of links to parts that would actually fit the bike? And if there is no readily available stem that fits, could I buy one from you...?

In other circumstances I would gladly come to your shop, but Basel is pretty far away from Zagreb. :)

Furthermore, the seat post in the picture of your friend's bike, is it stock or not...? How far can you extend it?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions.

P.S. I joined the Facebook forum as you suggested, thanks. :)

Many thanks and best regards,

Tibor

Zdravo Tibore,

Posdravi za Zagreb!

I'll continue in english as I am sure we are already pissing off some people here!
I am very often visiting my mom in Izola... that would have been a little closer at about 2 1/2 hours! ;)
https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1437266?in=set

But anyhow...
The 2019 Hooligan... nobody knows exempt for the people in charge and divulging any information on future products is a firing offense at cannondale! Nobody will know until end of April, beginning of May how the 2019 lineup will look like!
All is conjecture and an educated guess. In the beginning there was a 2 yearly frame refresh and a yearly color change: 2008/2009, 2010/2011, 2012/2013 and then starting with the 2014 we had a virtually identical bike since... (with consistently cheaper components!) with 3 color changes (Black/Neon Yello, Treefrog green and the current alu brushed with Acid Red fork). So we had the same frame for 5 years!
Keeping in mind that the Hooligan is the poor step brother of the BadBoy and was inheriting components from the same parts bin and the fact that it is basically the last bike using the rigid Solo fork... I could see the following:

Same basic frame proportions and geometry like all Hooligans before (sorry no different sizes!) using the basic NewBadBoy pipes with the integrated bumper. I would say that the Solo could be replaced with the current rigid lefty and with that the converting back to a 1 1/8 headset. As the BadBoy1 has sliding dropouts, I could see the not very popular EBB getting dumped as well. Maybe even go with the new Grey/Black paint scheme! and the integrated light!

Or it could be just the same frame and just a new color for the next 2 years! So don't hold your breath! And the earliest you could try and order one would be September!

You either love the Hooligan or you hate it! If you are not fond of it, get a BadBoy. I you love it and are just in need of a more comfortable ride, mod it until it fits your needs! That's what I did: https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/2222579?in=set

About modifications... You have to be aware that you bought into the Cannondale way of thinking, you either accept it or you have to look for a different make. Cannondale has a very specific way of doing things, they don't copy, they make things up as they go. They invented their own norms and created their own way of solving problem and so they are sometimes they only brand that uses particular diameters/norms/parts and solutions... like Lefty, Headshok, System integration like the 1.5 or 1.56 Headtube, they invented the BB30 standard!

So Answer #1: No there is no 1.5 inch steerer extension in existence and the Satori will not fit!

Answer #2:Off the shelf, Cannondale only sells the 80, 90, 100, 120mm stem in either +/- 5 degrees or +/- 20 degrees that's it. Nobody makes aftermarket stems for Cannondale!

Answer #3: That is no problem, as long as its oversized (31.8mm) https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/2047562
or you can go with even a BMX handlebar!

You can do all at once, but I would suggest to work your way to the perfect seating position starting with the cheapest parts and go form there!
Get a set of Handlebars for 40 something bucks and fit them, if not enough i could sell you one of mine, but be aware, I make them from Titanium! and accordingly is the price tag! In conjunction with extending the stem / raising the Handlebars, you will have to extend the brakes and shift cables!!! Just to be aware.

Parts list... try places like Dr.Cannondale or the like... again its the Cannondale environment. And then you have to see what fits... look for the Urban bike parts!
Handlebars have the oversized standard, so you can find them anywhere. Seat Post is a one off special for Cannondale (And the seat post from Tali is standard Hooligan at 520mm) There is a maximum extension caution on the post when you pull it out. About 80mm to 100mm have to be inserted in the frame to insure safety for you and your frame!
Also It's easier if you ask me specific parts that you are looking for and I can point you in the right direction... making here a list of all parts you can change... I would be typing here for weeks!

Yeah welcome to the Facebook forum, I approved you as I am one of the Administrators! ;)

Hope that helped!
If you have more questions, just ask or contact me via PM... (BTW: I type faster in english then in Croatian!)
Or post questions on the forum!

Sincerely,

Erwin

Kann mir jemand sagen ob die Aufkleber (Decals) auf der Gabel zu entfernen sind? Oder sind diese lackiert?
IMG_1768.JPG

Anhänge

• IMG_1768.JPG
    IMG_1768.JPG
    134,9 KB · Aufrufe: 366
Kann mir jemand sagen ob die Aufkleber (Decals) auf der Gabel zu entfernen sind? Oder sind diese lackiert?
Anhang anzeigen 737246

Die "Aufkleber" sind schwierig zu entfernen! Du kannst es mit einem Gummi Polier-Rad versuchen... geht beim 2014 relative gut.
Am 2013 musst du wahrscheinlich schleifen oder chemisch entlaugen, da Pulver beschichtet!
Ich lasse meine immer, entlaugen!

LG,

Erwin

PS: Ist das von deinem Hooli oder hast du die aus Holland?

Zurück
Oben Unten