Neues Rad entlich da...

Hallo Forum,

My new CC bike is finally ready. It took me several months to build it because I wanted quite some components that were hard to get, and I had to buy some parts at the time to get around with my budget.

I will post pics very soon, but here's what it's all about:

Frame: Kinesis Extralight, black anodized (1380gr.)
Fork: Empella Carbon (550gr.)
Headset: Ritchey Pro
Stem: Ritchey Pro, oversized
Bar: Ritchey Pro, oversized
Brakelevers: Ultegra STI (right), Dura-Ace SLR (left), Empella Froglegs top bar levers (black)
Brakes: Spooky carbon cantilevers with Ritchey pads
Shimano brake and shifting cables (black)
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seatpost: Ritchey Pro
Rear derailleur: Ultegra
Cranks: carbon (no name), Ultegra 42t blade and Specialite Carbon schutzblechen
Pedals: the 2004 model Time Atac Carbon
Chain: Ultegra
Wheels: black 105 hubs / Mavic Open Pro rims / black sapim spokes and a set of Spinery Rev-X wheels
Cassette: Ultegra 12-25 on both wheelsets

I have ordered a wheelset with DT Hügi 240 hubs (28h) / black DT spokes / Corima carbon rims (28h)

Opinions, advise or comments are most welcome

Thanks in advance,
Timo

elmar schrauth schrieb:
i have the same frame in size 53cm in my shop.
the weight is 1560 gramms!!!???
did you check the weights?

elmar

http://www.cyberspeiche.de/fotos/cusrarcc.htm

The weight of the frame is given on this website as 1380 gr. The black frame in the photo is my frame. Lajos had it anodized for me and took some pics for his website before he send it to me.

Don't know about the brakes. I will have to get them off the bike and put them on a scale.

Regards,
Timo

Thanks Elmar. I will try to weight the complete bike somewere. I don't have an accurate scale to do this myself.

BTW, I checked some old issues of ''Bike Workshop'' and I found the cranks I use on page 191 of the 2003 issue as ''Mythos C-Crank Road'' from a company called ''Bike Runner''. They are on page 222 of the 2002 issue as ''Carbon Superlite'' from ''Velodrom/OTL''. Anybody who knows these cranks and can comment on their strength and reliability? I have them as Octalink cranks with a 42 t. Ultegra blade and two Specialité carbon bashrings.

Finally some photos...

8504P1010007.JPG

8504P1010008.JPG

8504P1010010.JPG

8504P1010011.JPG

Nice looking bike you got. I would really like to see some pictures from the site angle. Maybe you can take some more and show the bike to us.

By the way, are you happy with the frame and what about your new weelset?

Bernd

Hallo Bernd,

I'll try to make some new photos (higher resolution) of the bike in two weeks when I'm gonna tour it during a mountainbike weekend. I'll take some pics of the whole bike from the right hand side, the carbon crankset with carbon schutzblechen, the carbon brakes and the corima wheels.

The frame is perfect. I'm quite heavy (93 kg) but it holds well. Breaking power of the Spooky carbons with ritchey pads isn't that good, but perhaps I can increase that with other pads. Any suggestions from the forum members?I don't use it for cyclocross. I ride it during on- and offroad tours (60 to 150km). Spare tires, tools and drinks in a camelbag. The fork (Advanced full carbon, the same is labeled "carbonfire" by Empella) is very stiff which makes the bike difficult to handle on singletracks, but of course it isn't a mountainbike. I admit that I hoped it would perform better in real mountainbike situations but nevermind. On smoother undergrounds, gravel and hard sand, I catch up with all mountainbikers :) I really enjoy the frogleg levers. Not only when touring offroad but especially here in Amsterdam racing through traffic, narrow streets, crowded streets, etc. with slick tires. At my local bike shop it caught jealous eyes of some couriers who would seriously consider such a bike for their work. The combination of 42t single blade in front and a 12-25 cassette in the rear is sufficient for most if not all tracks here in The Netherlands. The Corima wheels are absolutely bomb proof but in combination with the fork it makes the bike a bit to uncomfortable, exept with very low tire pressure. Dunno the brand of the brake pads for the carbon rims (some pads the show had in store) but they actually brake quite good (until it starts to rain of course). I rode it onroad with my club only once now (ca. 100km) and to work each day (45km a day) and it doesn't handle that different from my Bianchi road bike. Perhaps a bit slower during cornering but I don't care about that :)
All in all it's the multi-purpose bike I wanted for every day use.

TimoWr schrieb:
Hallo Bernd,
The fork (Advanced full carbon, the same is labeled "carbonfire" by Empella) is very stiff...

sag mal, wo hast du die gabel her und was hat sie gekostet? ist es eine vollcarbongabel, also wirklich identisch mit der empella-gabel? die empellagabel ist ja beispielsweise mit hochglanz-klarlack überzogen - deine offensichtlich nicht. sofern das der einzige unterschied ist wäre das eine interessante alternative. danke für die information... menis

Hallo Menis,

It's exactly the same 550 gr. full carbon (including steerer tube) as the Empella "carbonfire", only (as you said) without lack. It's simply the fork as Advanced delivers it to Empella. I bought it at www.salden.nl for 195 Euros. It's not on their website but if you call them they can deliver it.

tanx - and sorry for not asking in english. i was not aware of the fact, that youre from amsterdam. anyway - i had this fork from empella and sold it. to be honest - i liked it and now i miss it. the price at occp.de ist 279,00€ and the quality of the lack is bad anyway. so you did a smart buy - thank you for the information. regards... menis

Zurück
Oben Unten