finally all is solved

28/02/2015 -> FINALLY ALL ENDED GOOD!

Hello, i bought a Rock Shox Boxxer 2015 in bike-components.de, since the first day the dust seal was leaking grease, i was worried but speaked with some people and they told me that this was normal on a new forks, here you got the pictures:

Code:
Hallo, kaufte ich mir eine Rock Shox Boxxer 2015 bike-components.de , seit dem ersten Tag die Staubdichtung undicht war Fett, war ich besorgt , aber mit einigen Leuten speaked und sie erzählte mir , dass dies normal auf einem neuen Gabeln , hier bekam die Bilder :

img_3963-jpg.118527

img_3965-jpg.118528

img_3966-jpg.118529

After 3 rides, less than a month, when i was cleaning the bike i noticed that the left stanchion is wearing off,
here you got the pictures:

Code:
Nach 3 Fahrten, weniger als einen Monat , als ich das Fahrrad Reinigungs Ich bemerkte, dass die linke Stütze trägt off ,
Hier hast du die Bilder :

img_4042-jpg.118695

img_4041-jpg.118694

i send it to warranty, and they refuse it, because: it have a lot of dirt inside, and this isn't a fault of the fork, so they return the fork with the seals changed but with the same stanchion.

Took days trying to change their opinion, but i only arrive to a offer to pay for a new stanchion. so i decided to post this, what about people think..
In my opinion it's a clear example of warranty, how is it posible to enter dirt inside with less than a month?, you buy somethin and after 3 days the stanchion start to wear off and is this normal? I love Sram products, but this time I'm really disapointed with them.

regards,

Code:
i senden Sie es an Gewährleistung und sie weigern sich , weil : es haben eine Menge Schmutz im Inneren , und das ist nicht ein Fehler der Gabel , so dass sie die Gabel mit den Dichtungen gewechselt, aber mit der gleichen Stand zurückzukehren.

Nahm Tagen versuchen, ihre Meinung zu ändern , aber ich nur zu einem Angebot für eine neue Stütze zahlen ankommen . Also beschloss ich, diese zu veröffentlichen, was die Leute denken ..
Meiner Meinung nach ist es ein klares Beispiel dafür, Garantie , wie ist es posible Schmutz innen mit weniger als einem Monat geben ?, du irgendwas und nach 3 Tagen die Runge Start zu tragen off zu kaufen und ist das normal? Ich liebe Sram Produkte , aber dieses Mal bin ich wirklich enttäuscht mit ihnen.

Grüßen,

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
i add the translation in Germany, hope you understand it!
i fügen Sie die Übersetzung in Deutschland,
hoffen, dass Sie es zu verstehen

Who did you contact regarding the warranty issues?
And who did reply and deny the warranty claim? Was it sport-import (the german distributor) or just some guy from bike-components?
Have you tried to get in contact with the distributor?

Who did you contact regarding the warranty issues?
And who did reply and deny the warranty claim? Was it sport-import (the german distributor) or just some guy from bike-components?
Have you tried to get in contact with the distributor?
Hello i contacted with bike-components, and they sent it to SRAM Schweinfurt, i have a response from the bike components. they told me that have called sram and they refuse this case because it was a lot of dirt inside of the fork but the seals are good.
in wich distributor i have to contact? thanks and regards

such things are usually covered by Warranty. Its a shame that Sram stopped to work with their Distributor Sport Import, their Service was perfect.

In your case, especially when the fork is nearly Brand new you dont have to accept the refuse of warranty. When they dont want to replace it, and i mean bike components, (you have a contract with them and not Sram) the last possibility is a lawyer, the chance that you win this case are nearly 100%. In the first 6 Months the seller has to show that the error wasnt there from the beginning. You even have Fotos of your bleeding Fork out of the Box................ .

here's the last response: so basically i have bad luck:confused:

As I already write “I don´t think you did something wrong with the Boxxer”, and I also don´t know what happened to get much dirt inside it, but I know it is impossible to get much dirt inside it without external influence.
Maybe you drive through a bush and a little knop pushes the dirt inside, I don´t know and I can´t know.
I think it was only bad luck.

So the offer from Sram their last word.
I know it is possible for you to post articles on some sites, but it is not ok to write the untruth because of bad luck.
I already write you “Sram is not a unprofessional brand how passes their own faults on to the customers”, but you think they want to kidding you because of 75,-€?
So there are three options.
You agree to the offer of Sram and they will repair the fork for the special price,
or you can receive your fork back without an exchange, because the function is already given,
or we still wait for response from Sram USA.
Best regards
Thomas
Retour / Reklamation

Was that the answer from bike-components?

Sram is normaly a really accommodating brand. We had a complaint of a 3 months old sram X0 trigger a few weeks ago and they replaced it for a new one. a trigger!!

Have you opened the fork?

And do you have a picture of your complete bike? Looks good!

Was that the answer from bike-components?

Sram is normaly a really accommodating brand. We had a complaint of a 3 months old sram X0 trigger a few weeks ago and they replaced it for a new one. a trigger!!

Have you opened the fork?

And do you have a picture of your complete bike? Looks good!
hello, i haven't opened the fork. And yes, it's the response from Bike-Components.
i took this photo today when i was mounting the bike, i want to ride so bad haha

i hope to receive the boxxer fixed soon, and i take some photos

Anhänge

• IMG_4304.JPG
    IMG_4304.JPG
    229,8 KB · Aufrufe: 10
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hard decision. The right is on youre side but if you insist on the 6 month warranty by law it may take time and the need of an lawyer.
Because of the near Winter id take this step.

the problem i see is that i think the delaer, (bike components) isn't calling or Emailing Sram, i have sent a lot of emails to them, but i think that they only have contacted with sram one or two times,Sram said NO, and here's the last response, it doesn't matter how many times i'm contacting with them. that's one of the pros for buy on a local shop, when you have a problem they can insists and you can see it.
This is what i think, as i'm receiving responses like:
ME: so you have to compare this with for example, you car is losing all the paint every time you are using it.
Bike-components: No, the car will not losing the paint without something scratches on it.

ME:it's not good advertising for you, and sram, and less when the customer is not satisfied.
Bike-components:I don´t think so if all people know what happened and not only your point of few.
---
they don't know why this happened, i don't know why this happened, but of course i'm lying, maybe they think that i replaced the oil for dirt, and the syringe for a shovel. :dope::dope::dope:
---
Bike-components:
Maybe you drive through a bush and a little knop pushes the dirt inside, I don´t know and I can´t know.
I think it was only bad luck.
I know it is possible for you to post articles on some sites, but it is not ok to write the untruth because of bad luck.
--

looks like my left stanchion isn't windproof:ka:
--

Like hoschik said "In the first 6 Months the seller has to show that the error wasnt there from the beginning."
Insist on youre rights and tell them that you will contact an attorney. They have to give the evidence that it was your fault. So if there are no scratches or signs that you missused or opened it they will have to repair it or even give you a new one.
The important paragraphs:
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bgb/__476.html
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bgb/__434.html
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bgb/__439.html

I thought a little about your Problem and even called my brother who is lawyer:

I changed my opinion, in this case its not a good idea to call a lawyer :)

Im pretty sure dirt came inside the fork because of broken Viper Seals out of the box.

The only mistake you made was riding with those broken seals, a new fork sometimes! looses a little bit of grease on the first ride, but its not normal on the 2nd or 3rd ride. Damage(scratched stanchion) caused by riding with broken parts(leaking viper seals) are not covered through warranty. So they replaced the viper seals on warranty and made an goodwill offer of 75€ for a new stanchion(the normal pricetag ist about 170€ for a stanchion). I know this sucks, but i think its the easiest way for you to deal with this problem by paying the 75€ for a new stanchion.

BUT: the new black stanchions must be super sensitive to scratches, i made service on older Boxxers, on one of them the oil Viper was missing because the dumb pre owner removed it, the fork was full of mud and has benn ridden for a long time in this condition, but the stanchion still looked flawless. Maybe the first batch of stanchions have Production error, this happens often to Sram, because i havent heard of new Pikes with that Problem.

My experience with bike-components are great, they really try to help when there is a Problem, which often isnt common for an online store.

Wiper Seals shouldn´t be THAT damaged from right out of the factory!
Even if they were, it´s just really bad customer service to leave the guy paying for something they clearly stated he is not at fault for!
"As I already write “I don´t think you did something wrong with the Boxxer”, and I also don´t know what happened to get much dirt inside it, but I know it is impossible to get much dirt inside it without external influence"
It´s just pathetic arguing about such an odd case, given how many forks Sram is selling. Give the guy a new stanchion and accept there was a failure right from the factory. Like it would hurt them.

I´d be really interested to hear Sram´s take on the condition of the seals.
Are the seals damaged? Is there play or something which might cause dirt to slowly get into the fork?
Just telling you "there´s dirt in the fork, you put it there, it can´t be any other reason!" is plain stupid. They should at least try to find the reason for dirt entering the fork.
The theory about something pushing the dirt into the fork while just driving by...well...thats equally dumb. Like, you´d have to forcefully work the dirt down the stanchion and through the seals to get it in there. Except, there was a damage right from the start.

Did you use a pressure washer on the bike?

Hello, thanks for the replies, Sram told me that the dust seals and seals was good,and it do their work.

I never have washed my bike with a high preassure cleaner.
Regards

Well, something is off about this. None of us can tell whether it´s you or Sram whos at fault. The dirt didn´t just magically appear in the fork.
Either Sram is straight up lying, or you have done something without knowing and damaged the fork that way.
You might have to just suck it up and go for a new stanchion tube, as it seems Sram is not willing to cooperate and i´d say it´s not worth it to escalate things by getting a lawyer involved. Might cost you quite a bit more than the new tube ;-)
The situation really sucks, but i´m under the impression you threatened to make everything public and they really didn´t like to be threatened. Might want to play a little nicer next time and only resort to the threat of public shaming if everything else fails.
Shit allready hit the fan, now you´ve got to see how to make the most out of a bad situation.

I still stand by my statement earlier though.
It´s pathetic to treat a customer like this in such an odd case. Especially if your company is known to deliver faulty products on a regular basis.

Well, something is off about this. None of us can tell whether it´s you or Sram whos at fault. The dirt didn´t just magically appear in the fork.
Either Sram is straight up lying, or you have done something without knowing and damaged the fork that way.
You might have to just suck it up and go for a new stanchion tube, as it seems Sram is not willing to cooperate and i´d say it´s not worth it to escalate things by getting a lawyer involved. Might cost you quite a bit more than the new tube ;-)
The situation really sucks, but i´m under the impression you threatened to make everything public and they really didn´t like to be threatened. Might want to play a little nicer next time and only resort to the threat of public shaming if everything else fails.
Shit allready hit the fan, now you´ve got to see how to make the most out of a bad situation.

I still stand by my statement earlier though.
It´s pathetic to treat a customer like this in such an odd case. Especially if your company is known to deliver faulty products on a regular basis.
I sent the fork to warranty at the end of september, i decided to post it on internet after a lots of mails, and a lots of responses that dont make no sense. I waited so long after this and i told them that if they still with the same opinion i will post it to internet. i dont like to bitching anyone, but if they treat me like a liar... Its really dumb to think that it entered dirt inside but how? If the seals was good, i don't think so, you can see the pictures, a heavy grase that sticks into the stanchion. Who can not tell me that this was how the dirt entered inside the fork? Of course you can't know if it happened something to the fork, but don't you think that if it was my fault i will be here on internet losing time on the forums and thinking of do legal actions to him? I hope you understand all.

Never said it was your fault. I´m right with you there. It´s just that none of us, and even yourself, can be certain it wasn´t some kind of user error.
Just saying it´s a case, that probably hasn´t happened before and probably isn´t gonna happen again. It´s just weird.
Short period of riding, huge amount of dirt, no faulty seals according to Sram. Something isn´t adding up. None of us here will be able to find out what caused the dirt to get in there. So, we can´t really give much more advice than this.
Poorly handled by Sram. There´s just not much you can do really, and therefore i´d recommend just to take their offer, as shitty as it might be.

thats the reason why Rock shox quit to work with their former German Distributor, they replaced everything for free, Sram delivers many faulty Products, and the cost was high to getting all this fixed. In my opinion they now try to find a reason to make the customer pay to repair their faulty products. They changed the viper seals in your Fork, makes no sense to me if the seals were good as they say.

thats the reason why Rock shox quit to work with their former German Distributor, they replaced everything for free, Sram delivers many faulty Products, and the cost was high to getting all this fixed. In my opinion they now try to make the customer pay to repair their faulty products. They changed the viper seals in your Fork, makes no sense to me if the seals were good as they say.

Haha, you´re right! I didn´t realize they said the seals were fine but in the same turn offered to replace them (which clearly implies they at least expected them to be faulty!).
aev46, you might want to point this out to bike-components. Theres no way they can maintain their fassade as a serious business while refusing to exert some pressure on Sram. Sram is clearly contradicting themselves with that kind of statement. They shouldn´t just be accepting of this, while their customer gets scammed by their distributor.

i'm gonna phone sram schweinfurt, and contact with the responsible of Bike-Components if i can. watched some legal text about warranty,i'm surprised that they don't want to do something. and the last message that give me BC was, or i pay or we send the fork without the fix.
Bike-Components offered to pay 25€ of the 75€ that they want for a new stanchion, they still don't understand that i'm not gonna pay.If they want to fix they can pay it all, as they said that is not my problem. Next step is gonna be a complaint to Bike-Components and sram schweinfurt.

last response.

First,

I know the two year warranty, but not every case that happens in this two years must be covered by warranty.

The marks on your stanchion are a result of much dirt inside the fork, as the dust sealss are absolutely ok ( as SRAM has checked and seen on your own pictures ). So there is no manufacturing defect.

Second,

the only way to get so much dirt inside of the Boxxer without external influences, would be a defective dust seal.

As you have written “since the first day the dust seal was leaking grease” . In that case it would have been necessary to return the fork immediately to our company for an exchange or a repair of these dust seals by warranty.

But in fact you drove this fork several times. So the marks on the stanchions are definitely no warranty case.

SRAM and bike-components.de made you an good offer, you don´t want to accept.

So we have to return you your Boxxer to our relief.

Best regards

Thomas

Retour / Reklamation

i was just reading along...and im off topic and i don't want to be negative about it, but i made some experience with sram (not sport import-they are great) too...they refused warranty on my 1 year old avid brakes: got them equipped with new canyon and canyon gave an original bleeding kit with dot oil... 1st bleeding wasn't possible because the lever was some kind of shut, i sended it to them in case of warranty...their answer:"you must have put wd40 or grease inside it what caused the damage- we replace it for 35 €" but im not that stupid because im experienced with bleeding,maintenance and using the right oil etc...thank you, now back to shimano/fox/others

lets make the long story short: pay the 55€ / 75€ and sell the fork...

edit: seems to late now, sorry for the comment

Da war bestimmt kein Öl mehr in der Gabel, welches den Dreck binden konnte.
Von Werk aus bestimmt auch nicht die vorgeschriebene Menge. Ist ja nichts neues bei Rock Shox.

Yes @Thiel! exactly my thoughts... if SRAM says the seals were OK then there is only one explanation for the scratches in the stanchion, being that there was not enough oil put inside for lubrication during production as is often the case with RS forks... they are notoriously skimpy on grease and oil. unfortunately it seems that SRAM has a stricter "warranty refusal policy" than good old Sport-Import had... I hope this is not exemplary for how SRAM plans on dealing with customer service in the future :(

Zurück
Oben Unten