Sammelbestellung Buch von Paul Brodie

Paul Brodie - the man behind brodie bikes

Paul Brodie hat mich vor ein paar Wochen informiert, dass er diesen Herbst ein Buch herausgeben wird. Da der Versand für ein einzelnes Buch CND $20 betragen würde, möchte ich hier im Forum nachfragen, wer alles Interesse daran hätte. Falls sich genügend Interessenten finden würden, könnte ich eine Sammelbestellung organisieren. Zur Info: die Versandkosten bei einer Bestellung ab 12 Büchern würden nur CND 9.20 pro Buch betragen. Somit würden sich voraussichtlich folgende Preise ergeben:

Buchpreis CDN $29.95 + surface Airmail (12 Bücher $110) pro Buch 9.20 = CDN $ 39.15

EUR 27.00 + Versand D aus der Schweiz EUR 7.50 = EUR 34.50
CHF 29.50 + Versand Schweiz CHF 2 = CHF 31.50

Hier einige Details von Paul Brodie zu seinem Buch:
2039803-tlrad75y5uzm-brodie_single3d-medium.png

It has 280 pages, 52 chapters, 80 images, and is full colour.

The cost to mail one book is $20. That is surface. Airmail is $40. Not cheap.
I asked about mailing 12 books at a time. The woman at the post office did an estimate, which may not be accurate, and she thought $110 for a dozen books in a box is about right. That means each book would cost $9.20 for surface mail.

No, it is not available yet. I'm still waiting for a few more reviews to come in. Then it will go to print. So, it will be available August or September 2016.
2039804-yjptof5fajzf-brodie_cover_16_03_14-large.jpg

Hier ein paar Buchrezensionen:

"A fantastic read and a great insight into your background and processes. One of the most enjoyable bike books I've read so far."
Adam Leddin / Editor for Cycle EXIF

"A great read. It was interesting to learn more about your history, and reading your book filled in so much. I've always had great respect for your work and reading this book only increased that for me."
Chris Dekerf / Dekerf Cycle Innovations

"Nice job on the book. I really enjoyed it and learned a bunch! For anyone interested in the history of mountain bikes, especially in Canada, Paul Brodie pulls it all together in this book."
Jeff Archer / Curator of the Museum of Mountain Bike Art and Technology (MOMBAT.org), and/or a judge at NAHBS.

"Paul is one of the most skilled and talented craftsman I know. And now that he’s added writing to his talent chest, I felt like he was sitting right next to me telling his stories. I’m honored to have him as a friend!"
Ross Shafer / founder of Salsa Cycles

"What a great story! Easy to read, super honest voice which is very refreshing. Some real nuggets in there".
Sam Whittingham / Naked Bicycles and Design

Falls sich mehr Käufer aus Deutschland für das Buch finden würden, wäre es einfacher und sicherlich günstiger, wenn sich ein Forumsmitglied aus Deutschland bereit erklären würde, die Bestellung und den Versand zu organisieren.

Sommerliche Grüsse :winken:
Sebastian

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Naja eigentlich wäre es natürlich das beste wenn du das alles machen könntest. Da du ja offensichtlich sowieso in Kontakt mit Keule Brodie stehst.
Zahlen würde ich natürlich im Voraus...

Hallo!

Kommt das Buch diesen Herbst oder erst Herbst 2017 heraus (s.o.)?

Wäre auch interessiert. Und hoffe, dass es besser ist als "The Vintage Mountainbike" von Mike Wilk.

lg Mario

Zurück
Oben Unten