Das würde ich auch keineswegs akzeptieren . Unabhängig davon ob das Problem leicht selber zu beheben wäre , vorausgesetzt man besitzt keine zwei linken Hände (was ich aber tue)
Ist noch jemand aus dem Nürnberger Raum hier? Also 2 kenne ich die das selbe Rad fahren und bei denen das auch so Flext. Noch jemand aus der Umgebung da mit nem carbonrahmen wo ich mir das mal anschauen kann?

Hey guys,

Erst ... Entschuldigung, ich spreche kein Deutsch

I have been reading this forum for a long time. It has the most information on any forum I have read so thank you to everyone.

I'm a Canyon Torque CF8 owner in Australia. Been riding it for almost 1 month and just finished a bike park trip when I noticed that my seat tube and yoke have also made contact.
Myself and my friend who also owns a CF8, have a very centred seat tube inside the yoke and cannot make it flex from standing.
I think maybe from turning hard or landing badly from jump or drop may create enough force for them to touch?

Below is a photo of my Invisiframe coming off from the contact of seat tube and yoke.

GzQiCjw.jpg

I emailed Canyon Australia with my image and this is their reply (Canyon Aus service has been very fast and good):
----
"Thank you for your email.

We hope you have been enjoying your time on the Torque.

That is correct under heavy loading the yoke will flex to prevent the shock from being side loaded, we have seen in a few cases the yoke coming in contact with the frame.
The best course of action to prevent any damage is exactly what you have done already by apply a frame protector in the area.

One thing to keep track of, is when the bushes in the yoke start wearing out the movement will be increased.

If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know."
----

This reply sounds like this is normal, but after 2-5 years of riding this bike, the frame would be very damaged?
I haven't seen this issue before in bikes with a similar design

Hope this information helps any of you.
If you have any questions, please ask.

Also , we have a "Canyon Torque Owners" facebook group if anyone would like to join.

Thanks!

That is correct under heavy loading the yoke will flex to prevent the shock from being side loaded, we have seen in a few cases the yoke coming in contact with the frame.
The best course of action to prevent any damage is exactly what you have done already by apply a frame protector in the area.

Well, this is Bullshit by Canyon. The yoke does NOT have to flex to prevent the shock from being side loaded. The vertical bushing inside the yoke does. That is exactly why the shock eye is mounted vertical and not horizontal. And no manufacturer in the world would design a part of the frame in a way that it collides with another part of the frame or rubs on it by purpose. This is a contructive error. Why am I sure about this? "we have seen in a few cases the yoke coming in contact with the frame." LOL! So some frames do it and some don't? Some flex like rubber horses and some don't? No matter how hard I land (and I have nearly dismounted me rear tire sometimes), the yoke is not even close to the frame. Guys, do not accept this! This is a design flaw!

And by the way: if the yoke flexes the shock DOES get sideloaded as the upper bushing cannot perform a respective countermovement! So it is exactly the opposite of what they are telling! If the Yoke is in a position in which it touches the frame, the shock will LOGICALLY be under heavy heavy sideload. Wow, what a BS, Canyon! I call BS!

For the further discussion (and I mentioned this before), let us please not focus on the yoke. The yoke causes the damage, but it is not the problem. The yoke is just an extension of the rear shock. Whether the yoke is there or not - the issue is caused by a rear end which is flexing to much. This side-flex leads to the yoke (i.e. the damper extension) touching the frame. If Canyon tells you this was caused by a flexing yoke, it is a blatant lie! The yoke is not flexing, the rear end is which causes the yoke to move sideways - but the yoke is NOT flexing! Even with a wider yoke which would not be able to touch the frame the rear end would still flex too much.

Your problem is a too flexible rear end. Based on what people discuss here there are rear ends

- with no flex at all (both CF and AL - like mine),
- rear with slight flex (like yours),
- rear ends that flex like a rubber horse (like Mario1982's)

The issue seems to be independent of riding style and rider weight and seems to be caused somewhere around the area of the main pivot.

Guys - do not accept this! Even if you do decide to live with it for now: as this issue is known nobody will buy your frame/bike in the future! Who will buy a frame with a faulty design and visible damage to the main frame? You will have this bike for the rest of your life or can directly bring it to a disposal site of your choice the day you decide to buy something new.

Please feel free to post my reply to the Facebook group.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Good Morning,

i fully agree with SCM - this "its not ab bug, its a feature" mentality is really a shame.
Maybe they wanted some flex for more comfort, but as already told before, no one would design a linkage which touches a carbon frame,
intentionally.

Hallo

Warum hat das Sender eigentlich eine Freigabe für eine 200er Scheibe hinten aber das Torque nicht? Gibt es da materielle oder Geometrie bestimmende Gründe oder einfcah

Ich konnte heute im Bike Park mal das AL 5.0 in orange begutachten.
Die Farbe sieht nicht so schön aus wie auf den Bildern.
Gegen den bulligen Hinterbau vom Capra wirkt der von Torque doch recht putzig,
aber der Besitzer hat kein Flex bemerkt.
Keine Schleif Stellen durch das Yoke, oder dass irgendwas wackelig wäre.
Nur die Hintere Steckachse hat er bemängelt da sich diese oft von alleine löst.

Ansonsten war er sehr zufrieden.

'We consciously decided to give the carbon bike an aluminum rear triangle so it has a little more flex and doesn't get too stiff.'

...... o_O I think the flex from material used and flex from whatever is causing the yoke to touch seat tube is two different things. Even if there was a carbon rear triangle, the main fault will still exist

Also ich konnte am Wochenende nochmal 2 alumodelle begutachen und siehe da, kaum flex!
Denke das es nur bei den Carbonmodellen der Fall ist, so wie bei mir und bis jetzt drei anderen!
Habe noch jemanden ausfindig machen können aus meiner Umgebung mit dem selben Modell wie ich habe. Werde mir von ihm auch den Hinterbau anschauen und prüfen ob das da ebenfalls so flext!

Also ich konnte am Wochenende nochmal 2 alumodelle begutachen und siehe da, kaum flex!
Denke das es nur bei den Carbonmodellen der Fall ist, so wie bei mir und bis jetzt drei anderen!
Habe noch jemanden ausfindig machen können aus meiner Umgebung mit dem selben Modell wie ich habe. Werde mir von ihm auch den Hinterbau anschauen und prüfen ob das da ebenfalls so flext!

Normalerweise sollte der Carbonrahmen ja steifer sein als der Alurahmen. Ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass irgendwo im Bereich des Hauptlagers die Lagen nicht korrekt gelegt sind bzw. dass bei der Planung der Lagen an der Stelle ein Fehler gemacht wurde.

Ich habe Al 7.0 und bei mir gibt es klein flex wenn ich das Hinterrad Axial stark mit dem Hand drücke.Aber ich habe keine Spuren von das Yoke auf die Rahme.
Ich denke,dass solche flex normal ist,aber ich bin nicht sicher.
Gibt es jemand mit überhaupt kein flex,wenn so das Hinterrad drücken?

Ich habe ein CF 9.0.
Ich habe kaum flex wenn ich das Laufrad seitlich belaste. Da ist mehr Flex im Laufrad als im Rahmen.

Unbelegte Mutmaßung:

Die Lagen sind teilweise falsch gelegt. Die haben das nach der ersten Charge festgestellt. Das gab dann Stress mit dem Zulieferer, der den Hauptrahmen produziert. Das wiederum hat zu den Lieferverzögerungen geführt. Die neueren Modelle haben keinen Flex. Die, die mit Flex unterwegs sind, sind kein Sicherheitsrisiko und solange der Kunde juristisch keinen Stress macht, muss er halt seine Gummikuh fahren.

Zurück
Oben Unten