Aktuelle Lieferzeiten für Trickstuff Bremsen

Maciag also has the Direttissima again.

Guys, for who has ridden both, how does the lever feel of the Maxima compare to the Hayes Dominion? In smoothness, friction, firmness?

..for who has ridden both, how does the lever feel of the Maxima compare to the Hayes Dominion? In smoothness, friction, firmness?
I can only compare DRT/Dominion but I might think that MXA is quite similar in characteristic but more extreme. For better comparison: I have a Systemweight around 110KG/ Rotors: 203/180.

Firmness: Both brakes are really sturdy and there is no play in what part of the brake so ever. Everything with the Dominion is more bulky compared to the slender desing of the DRT, but I never had any issues about overheating, or fading so far (and I brake a lot :lol:).

In terms of light actuation/friction of the lever I would say the Dominion is even a tiny bit better than DRT.
The modulation of the Dominion seems to be more linear then the DRT which in my opinion
leeds to unrivaled Brake feel. It is still my Benchmark when it comes to modulation. The Bitpoint is harder then DRT. The only thing I really didn't like was the Brakepower. I missed the punch at the end and always had the felling I need to pull real hard on the lever. Assuming you are using the right Brakepads (sinter) the overall Power is still OK.

Considered the overall package the DRT is my favorite Brake so far because it has good modulation combined with a soft bite point (a little like MT7) which I like a lot, but yet so much power that you need to get used to for not overbraking the frontwheel. And in the end, the DRT is simply the most beautiful engineered brake on the market. :love:

Everything just my humble Opinion

Much appreciated @dark.5 ! This would be a brake for my street trials bike (system weight 100 kg), which needs both modulation and as much power as possible. Using Shigura at the moment, and while power is good, the lever feel just is so dead.

Used to have some Dominions on there too, but moved them to my mountain bike. Thinking of either getting another set of Dominions, or just go all in with Maxima's haha. The Dominions are just finished so argriculturally, and I had some issues with leaking, as did some other trials riders. But I'd also be a bit scared of smashing up the Trickstuffs, they look so pretty, but pretty delicate too, maybe too delicate for trials? Not to speak of the money 😁

@Boozzz. Yes the Money is really a big issue, especially when you use the MXA on a Bike for Street Stuff. On the first big scratch from hitting the concrete or some other hard stuff, I think I would burst in Tears :).

An other Idea: Have you already tried a Formula Cura 4? I had one for the front because I was curious and I was lucky (really cheap SALE offer; 110€). I tuned them with longer CNC Levers (with Ballbearings) from Lupicus and some better Brakepads (TRickstuff,Galfer). The Brakepower was extremely good, the only downside for Trial may be the soft bite point (with longer levers even softer) , also the modulation and smoothness of the lever is worse than DRT/Dominion. There are rumors that swapping Oil to Putoline should help a bit with this. Nevertheless I liked the tuned Cura a lot for MTB/Enduro although in the Wet they were sometimes a bit tricky because you could lock up the frontwheel and not "feeling" it in the lever. Also they might have an issue with the Quadrings which can cause "sticky" pistons, so you would need to activate them quite often. Using them Stock, would be an absolute Bargain compared to the Trickstuff ones, even tuned to the max they are just 1/4th of the Price of an MXA. But I know.. It will never ever come near an MXA 8-)

Maybe you know someone who useses the Cura or even the MXA, so you could arange a testdrive...

@dark.5 Haha yeah, basically every day I'm going back and forth (especially when they're in stock somewhere) saying just do it, and then rationality taking over and saying this is nonsense and a way too much money to be paying for brakes and they'll probably get damaged, and what if they also develop a leak.

Regarding the softer feel of the DRT, is the calliper itself quite flexy? For example, with the Hope V4, especially with the T4 lever, I can see the calliper expand pretty heftily under full power. Dominion A2 as well. Magura MT5 way less. Actually measured them, around 0,2 mm (but with the T3 lever, so more with the T4), 0,3 mm and 0,1 mm respectively. How does the DRT compare to your Dominion A4 in this regard?

Going a bit of topic here, but anyway :) I've had a look at the Formula Cura 4 in the past, and I'd be scared to try them for trials. The calliper just looks so delicate, with the thinning of the material near the bottom mounting hole, I'm afraid I'll break it in no time. Also used two sets of Formula T1 in the past on the trials bike, and they both started leaking instantly past the piston seals (seems to be a common thing in trials), so there's that too. With that Lupicus lever they do look interesting though, but if I pair them to my MT5 callipers, I'd loose quite some power with the smaller slave pistons.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Bei mir hat sich die Lieferung einer vor langer Zeit bestellten schwarzen DRT angekündigt - von deutschem Onlinehändler.
Ich bin inzwischen versorgt. Eventuell hat aber jemand hier Interesse, da der Preis mit 972 Euro noch etwas günstiger ist. Alternativ wird storniert.

Hallo, ich habe seit einem Jahr Trickstuff Diretissima Bremsen. Heute habe ich beschlossen, die Vorderradbremse zu entlüften. Das Problem war, als ich das Fahrrad auf den Kopf stellte, hörte die Vorderradbremse auf zu bremsen und ich musste sie aufpumpen. Mit dem Trickstuff Entlüftungsset habe ich versucht es zu entlüften. Mit einer Spritze habe ich das Öl vom Bremssattel nach den Hebel und dann zurück gedrückt. Ich habe die Schrauben am Hebel und am Bremssattel wieder festgezogen, ich wollte mit dem Hebel pumpen und es hat nicht funktioniert. Ich dachte, es sei zu viel Öl in der Bremse, also habe ich etwas davon abgelassen. Ich versuchte wieder, den Hebel zu betätigen, aber er ließ sich erneut nicht bewegen. Ich fand, dass sich die Einstellschraube für den Hebelabstand schwer drehen ließ. Ich habe versucht, ihn leicht zu lösen und wieder festzuziehen, und der Hebel begann sich zu bewegen, aber ich konnte die Bremse nicht mehr entlüften. Bei der Kontrolle stellte ich fest, dass die Einstellschraube für den Hebelabstand schief war. Kann die Reparatur zu Hause durchgeführt werden oder muss ich die Bremse zu Trickstuff schicken? Ich befürchte, dass der Kolben im Hebel nicht beschädigt ist. Danke schön.
ts1.jpg

Hallo, ich habe seit einem Jahr Trickstuff Diretissima Bremsen. Heute habe ich beschlossen, die Vorderradbremse zu entlüften. Das Problem war, als ich das Fahrrad auf den Kopf stellte, hörte die Vorderradbremse auf zu bremsen und ich musste sie aufpumpen. Mit dem Trickstuff Entlüftungsset habe ich versucht es zu entlüften. Mit einer Spritze habe ich das Öl vom Bremssattel nach den Hebel und dann zurück gedrückt. Ich habe die Schrauben am Hebel und am Bremssattel wieder festgezogen, ich wollte mit dem Hebel pumpen und es hat nicht funktioniert. Ich dachte, es sei zu viel Öl in der Bremse, also habe ich etwas davon abgelassen. Ich versuchte wieder, den Hebel zu betätigen, aber er ließ sich erneut nicht bewegen. Ich fand, dass sich die Einstellschraube für den Hebelabstand schwer drehen ließ. Ich habe versucht, ihn leicht zu lösen und wieder festzuziehen, und der Hebel begann sich zu bewegen, aber ich konnte die Bremse nicht mehr entlüften. Bei der Kontrolle stellte ich fest, dass die Einstellschraube für den Hebelabstand schief war. Kann die Reparatur zu Hause durchgeführt werden oder muss ich die Bremse zu Trickstuff schicken? Ich befürchte, dass der Kolben im Hebel nicht beschädigt ist. Danke schön.

Wenn ich dich richtig verstehe, ist bei dir das Pleuel verbogen!?! Frage bei TS an bzgl. eines einzelnen neuen Pleuels incl. Sprengring oder besorge dir das Set. Die Anleitung zum Tausch findest du hier.

Edit: Was nicht explizit in der Anleitung steht: Zum Lösen der Rändelmutter verwendest du einen guten 2mm Inbus für die Werkzeugaufnahme des Pleuels und einen 7mm Maulschlüssel für die Rändelmutter. Es handelt sich um ein Rechtsgewinde. Die Rändelmutter ist auf dem Pleuel mit Loctite verklebt. Falls sie sich nicht direkt lösen lässt, mache sie warm (bevor du die Werkzeugaufnahme des Pleules rund machst)!

Wie sind denn so die Erfahrungen bzgl dem bei der Bestellung angegebenen Liefertermin? Theoretisch müsste die Tage eine DRT bei mir ankommen, aber der Händler kriegt von Trickstuff trotz nachfragen keine verbindliche/brauchbare Antwort, was mir etwas komisch vorkommt.

Dafür ist der Support hier im Forum um 100% zurückgegangen....
Hat eben viel mit den beiden Persönlichkeiten zu tun, die nun nicht mehr bei TS arbeiten.

Viel wichtiger ist doch der direkte Support ohne den Umweg, oder?
Klar, dennoch war der Support von @ykcor oder @Mr. Tr!ckstuff hier einfach legendär. Da hast Du hier im Forum am Sonntag um 22:00 Uhr schon Support erhalten, bevor Du überhaupt wusstest, dass du den brauchen könntest :daumen: (geschweige denn bevor Du überhaupt dran gedacht hast eine Email zu schreiben).

Zurück
Oben Unten