Canyon Neuron AL 7.0 - Erfahrungsbericht / Kaufempfehlung

Hello everyone,

Since the group is quite active, i would like your help. I recently ordered the AL7.0 and its on the way but now i guess i am confused if i should get the CF8.0 or stay with the AL.

Since the showroom is closed i dint have the chance to drive there and try both myself and looking at the stocks there was a L available so i bought it.

The only reason for me to go to the CF version would be a better suspension setup allowing more robustness and capability on harsher trails. Incase they are both similarly capable then i will stay with the AL. I already have new brakes, rotors and grips on the way.

I would like to take it to nice trails and hopefully do some small airtime, jumps.

I live in Upper Austria
Regards
Bharat

Anzeige

Re: Canyon Neuron AL 7.0 - Erfahrungsbericht / Kaufempfehlung
First of all ... there are a lot of information in this thread, especially at my first poste #1, and also below.

If you need, use the google-translator 8-) :daumen:

I think, you’ll be fine with the AL and do some updates with the price difference, as you wrote.
This was the way I did.

First of all ... there are a lot of information in this thread, especially at my first poste #1, and also below.

If you need, use the google-translator 8-) :daumen:

I think, you’ll be fine with the AL and do some updates with the price difference, as you wrote.
This was the way I did.

Thanks for the answer, of course i tried to read as much as possible and the translator helped. But somehow i never got a clear answer, actually i also asked canyon what they provided is only a qualitative statement. Being an automotive-engineer for me its easy to understand numbers or values then a statement since its always subjective.

THIS IS WHAT CANYON HAD TO SAY, incase its helpful for anyone in the same dilemma.

""Geometry between the New Neuron Al 7.0 and the old model differ. The goal was to make the Neuron AL an even more capable climber and descender, and to bring riders the best trail bike at the best possible price. The new Neuron AL is now a mirror image (in aluminum) of the carbon-fiber Neuron models. That’s clearly evident in the horizontal shock layout. The end result of many small refinements in frame design, however, is that the bike is an even more efficient pedaling machine and a better descender, courtesy of a rear suspension that’s more responsive in both the beginning and middle of the shock stroke.

The shock orientation is the most visible change, for sure. If you ride the previous version of the Neuron AL (with its vertical shock layout) side by side with this new version, you’ll find that the new, horizontal linkage and adjusted pivot positioning increases sensitivity over small and mid-sized hits. While we wouldn’t characterize the previous Neuron AL as feeling “like an XC bike”, this new version does have a more capable, smoother feel over small to mid-size hits, with a nice ramp at the end of its stroke, for those bigger hits. The more responsive suspension yields better traction and all-around control.

The previous bike was already one of the best climbing trail bikes on the market, but we wanted to maintain that balance between climbing and descending. We improved the bike’s rear suspension performance, we also decided to improve climbing and overall pedaling performance.

The previous Neuron AL was designed to use a front derailleur. As a result, the previous Neuron AL had an instant center designed to be a good compromise for both chainrings. Since the new frame design is 1x only, we could optimize the instant center around a single chainring. There’s no compromise anymore—riders feel that out on the trail as better pedaling performance thanks to better levels of anti-squat in medium-range gears.

The new frame design increases bearing durability/lifespan. In addition to equipping the Neuron AL with long-lasting, industrial-grade bearings and extra Axial seals, we’ve given the new Neuron AL a wider main pivot. The design improves bottom bracket stiffness and also reduces the forces transmitted to the bearings, ensuring long bearing life. On a purely aesthetic note, we also made the new Neuron AL 1x specific, for a cleaner overall appearance ""

Marketing is all you need ;):D
I think, most of use will not realy notice all these small differences.
Especially not if we can't ride 2 bikes to compare it, at the same time, at the same trail, ...

I would recommend to ride a bike, before buying it.
Of course, it's al little difficult at the moment and also not important for everbody.

Zurück
Oben Unten