English speaking rides

Hi all,
I thought there might be others out there who would be keen to ride with other English speakers.

To start the ball rolling, any takers for an afternoon/evening ride next Tuesday or Wednesday (weather depending) in Grunewald?

Fulli

So, this happened. We had a lot of fun in Barnim on about 30km of trail. Regenbogensee, Liepnitzsee, Obersee, Hellsee, some old bunkers and back.

No pressure and lots eventful trail riding in a short distance package. We took a few breaks but never wanted to spoil the good mood with awkward photo shootings... :) so this and a pair of tight quads is all I got.
I am game for this or similar anytime again.

Hi Everybody!

Is that thread still active? Actually, I'm German and not a native English speaker. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter to you.
I'd really like to join you for riding and chatting. Are there any plans for future rides?

Cheers, Stefan

Hi Stefan,
the thread never really took off, but I'm still active. And it's not problem if you're German!

I'll post it here the next time we're planning to go out.
Kain

I'm also monitoring this thread. I typically ride more gravel and less single trail so if that fits, just holla!

Hi jambee, gravel is not so much my thing, I'm more into trail/AM/enduro, i.e. maximising singletrail, but each to their own ;-) maybe someone else is keen.

Hiho, to take adavantage of the sun not setting at 3pm anymore (yay for daylight saving), we'll be riding in the potsdamer forst from around 16:30. Anyone keen?

It was silent here for quite some time ...

What about a relaxed gravel ride at the weekend? Just as a suggestion from my side Döberitzer-Heide is quite a niche area although its all sand up to one's knees. From Potsdam main station this is 60km round trip. Maybe a little much for that time of the year ...

Well, that singletrail thing is nothing I or my hardtail could do.

Is there a GPS map that one could follow for that track? I'm looking at a route for tomorrow - preferably around the 140-150km...easy :)

Hi, it did indeed go quiet, not for lack of riding, just lack of interest!
Maui-muc, you mention that you don't think you could ride singletrail on your hardtail. That doesn't have to be true! Honestly, riding the trails around here on my enduro bike is like cracking a nut with s sledgehammer! I ride a HT sometimes too, so it's certainly possible :) How about I announce the next time I do my Wansee ride here, and I'll even ride my HT to even the playing field.

Maui-muc, you mention that you don't think you could ride singletrail on your hardtail. That doesn't have to be true!
I checked the pics in your gallery which mad me doubt. All right, I'll give it a try!

... How about I announce the next time I do my Wansee ride here, and I'll even ride my HT to even the playing field.
Would be grate if I can join you, just let me know. For the weekend the weather is supposed to be good.

Haha, those pics are from the Muggelsee "downhill" track, and there's nothing like that on the Wannsee loop. Everything there is only difficult if ridden fast (if at all), so nothing to fear!

I don't think I'll be able to for a while, unfortunately, for personal reasons I'd rather not share on here. But when I get back out there, I'll try to remember to post it. :)

Don't be shy to join any ride announced in German. I'm sure the vast majority around here has at least some basic English skills fair enough to share a ride. There are many people outside riding hardtails and for most trails around here a HT is plenty enough (and more fun IMO).

Hey,

Long time lurker - first time poster. Been living in Berlin almost 7 years (spreche auch Deutsch), from Australia originally, and mostly ride in Grunewald with my wife - who's a beginner, German, but fluent English speaker. I've been off the bike lately due to injury, but will probably head out a few more times this year before winter closes its grip in. I'll post here before/would be interested joining you guys too.

Hi SimonVelo,
cool to see some other antipodeans here ;-) I plan to go out this weekend with a buddy too, probably Saturday. I'll post details later.

Zurück
Oben Unten