Gabelbrücke für Manitou Gabel 1/2/3/4/EFC

Jack Hardcore

www.retrobike.co.uk
Hallo :)
Komme ich aus Großbritannien gefalle so Entschuldigung mein armer Deutscher.

Ich benötige wirklich ein crown/steerer (Gabelbrücke?) für eine frühe Manitou Gabel (1/2/3/4/EFC) die 1&1/8. zoll ist 185mm lang oder mehr mit gewinde.

Ich stelle einen Marin Pine Mountain 1992 wieder her und ich erhielt einige nette Bedingung Manitou 1 Gabeln, aber das steerer ist der kurze Weg zu. Kann jemand mir mit diesem helfen? :daumen:

manitou1 just works with the manitou steerer the 2/3/4/efc steerers are built different in hight so they won't work, just for your info

i used one for several years and the tire hit the crown several times during that span, what do you think will happen with a lesser u shaped crown? surly it works fine for riding up and down your street no question,

I see what you mean, sorry I thought you meant that it would not fit at all.

I have ordered some replacement elastomers which are stiffer than the originals anyway so hopefully this will not be a problem.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I have ordered some replacement elastomers which are stiffer than the originals anyway so hopefully this will not be a problem.

every steer crown from the cnc-series ( I/II/III/IV/M-Sport/R/Sport/Magnum/Competition/EFC ) is working on each modell and have the same sizes. they are only different at the bolt clamps - 2 or 4 bolt clamp on.

WHERE did you order the replacement eleastomers? i have so many manitou forks, that i'm always looking for a good connection!?

sorry mk aber das stimmt nicht die der einser bauen hoeher, zumindest habe ich das so in erinnerung und die taeuscht mich selten

also ich erinnere mich daran das es min 1 cm war und das ist nicht vernachlaessigbar, das mich der dann ueber den lenker befoerdert haette, bei der alten m1 krone war es nur ein lautes gummireiben, die geometrie macht das allenfalls besser bei den alten boecken

A guy I know on www.retrobike.co.uk got some made up mate.

PM me and I'll give you his email address :daumen:

Does nobody have an old steerer for these forks in the size I need? :confused:

I will have a look tomoroow.... oh shit... spelling... N E Way a foto of the Steerer would be nice since I'm going to look through some old Manitous and Marzocchis....

so hold still til tomorrow! I believe I will find something for you...

ciao

P.S. if I don't post tomorrow it means I forgot about checkin so send me a PM to remind me;)

I will have a look tomoroow.... oh shit... spelling... N E Way a foto of the Steerer would be nice since I'm going to look through some old Manitous and Marzocchis....

so hold still til tomorrow! I believe I will find something for you...

ciao

P.S. if I don't post tomorrow it means I forgot about checkin so send me a PM to remind me;)

Hi bluetoons!!
Thanks for the reply!

My Manitou are the original ones ... the steerer is a removable type but its 1+1/4 inch, I need 1+1/8 inch.

I was thinking about getting another 1+1/8th steerer and fitting it into the the crown I already have with a shim to make up the difference but this would be a bit dodgy. :confused:

front.jpg

back.jpg

The other option is to get a complete new steerer & crown from any other the other old Manitou forks ... but finding one is proving very hard as I need one thats 185mm or longer AND threaded :heul: :)

Here is my Marin!

3.jpg

as far as i can see one can remove the steerer from the crown and the crown from the stanchions, right ? so all you need is a crown for a 118 steerer. You'll find some old manitou 1's from time to time on the net, just hold out for it. The steerer itself can be ordered from the german shimano importer paul lange since he imports and sells RST forks too which are always sold without steerer.

the other option is to get a crown from the 234efc series, but since i trust andy's brain - i wouldn't do that.

however here are some auctions i just found perhaps you can use some of thAT:

1" steerer uncut,(of course you have to change to a suitable headset and spacer :rolleyes: ) for 234:

http://cgi.ebay.de/RETRO-1-Gabelkro...QQihZ018QQcategoryZ100533QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1" manitou 1. PERHAPS :)confused: ) you can find a metall-working industry that mill out the crown to fit a 118 steerer in. the crown seems pretty solid at this point. :confused: Furthermore I can't imagine that answer milled different crowns for different steerer types (apart from the steerer thickness) in those days...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-School-Answ...6QQihZ013QQcategoryZ58084QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

as so often the seller sells US only. perhaps you find a way how to....

however good luck :daumen:

check the posted pics and the one in the ebay auction that's some significant height differences so make sure it fits with the tire while compressed or bottomed out

Zurück
Oben Unten