Gea.Bike, 2016, july 9, bikepacking adventure in Tuscany

After months of studying and tracking, i'm proud to present you Gea.Bike, a trail that crosses all the appenninic ridge on the mountains in Tuscany.
450 km, 15000 m D+, 37 passes, 2 National Parks.
The Great Appenninic Excursion (GEA) is a world wide famous track, created in '80s by two great hikers and mountaneers.
Since that age the Gea trail has been walked by thousand of hikers, and also some bikers challenged themselfs in parts of that trail.
Now the whole track has been remapped for biking, keeping the original line when possible, and finding alternative trails where the original is impossible to climb.
The next step is an adventure on Gea.Bike trail, unsupported, for the pioneers that will ride it for the first time.
Save the date: July 9, 2016

All the details at www.gea.bike

postgeadef-1.jpg

Sounds very interesting! Is there a way to receive the GPS data of this trail? I will ride the NAVAD1000 in Switzerland at nearly the same time. Therefore I'm not able to start for the pioneer trip.

Thank you Kein Trinkwasser for replying, on the website there is a map with the gea trail displayed. Anyways we are checking the trail still now, so the ultimate gps data is not available at this time. You know that checking 450 km on mountains choosing the best lines takes a lot of time.
Anyways after finish the gea bike trail will be an open trail.
Bye bye.

Hi,
as we can't make the trip in june, could you recommend going on the trail by end of august? Or would it be too hot and unpleasant by then?
Ride on!
In august it will be good, the trail is always on mountains so is never to hot.
Anyways the gea ride official day is july 9.
Is probably as hot as in august.

Too sad that you do not want to make the data available to public.
... Anyways we are checking the trail still now, so the ultimate gps data is not available at this time.
Der auf der Seite veröffentlichte GPS-Track ist noch nicht ins Reine ausgearbeitet. Dient also derzeit zu nicht viel mehr als einer groben Orientierung. Das Problem auf der GEA ist das geforderte Beurteilungsvermögen, welche Passagen der Originalroute man biken kann und welche nicht. Da ist man als Ortsfremder schnell mal aufgeschmissen.
Da hab ich schon Lehrgeld bezahlt und selbst Guru Achim Zahn war an einer Stelle am Passo Futa mit seinem staatlich geprüften Bergführerlatein am Ende...
Andererseits macht das irgendwie aber auch den Reiz der GEA aus, in Situationen zu geraten, wo man denkt, jetzt bin ich aber mal total verratzt.
Ich denke, florence-biker wird den Track veröffentlichen, wenn er die Strecke endgültig ausgearbeitet oder sie bewältigt hat.

Der auf der Seite veröffentlichte GPS-Track ist noch nicht ins Reine ausgearbeitet. Dient also derzeit zu nicht viel mehr als einer groben Orientierung. Das Problem auf der GEA ist das geforderte Beurteilungsvermögen, welche Passagen der Originalroute man biken kann und welche nicht. Da ist man als Ortsfremder schnell mal aufgeschmissen.
Da hab ich schon Lehrgeld bezahlt und selbst Guru Achim Zahn war an einer Stelle am Passo Futa mit seinem staatlich geprüften Bergführerlatein am Ende...
Andererseits macht das irgendwie aber auch den Reiz der GEA aus, in Situationen zu geraten, wo man denkt, jetzt bin ich aber mal total verratzt.
Ich denke, florence-biker wird den Track veröffentlichen, wenn er die Strecke endgültig ausgearbeitet oder sie bewältigt hat.
I'm not sure to understand what you write because i can't speek german, and i know it's my fault, this is a german forum.
Anyways you right, the gea gps track on the website is the original one, that is made for hiking, and it's only 70% ridable by bike.
The hard work i've made is about studying, checking and riding new lines and tracks to overcome the tricky points.
I do not recomend to ride the original one.
Anyways after the finish the gea bike trail gps data will be on line.

Zurück
Oben Unten