Hi @GlowormLightsNZ, Hi Bruce,
awesome having you here, replying to our issues and giving insights about developing your products! Thank you very much for this.
Some questions/ideas from me:
  • Is there a reason why you can only add 4 Light Levels + Special Mode? Why not up to 10 to have more opportunities?
  • Why is it not possible to change the Intensity on SpecialMode?
  • Do you plan to release a Helmet Mount like the "QR Helmet Mount" for the G1.0 for G2.0? The " GoPro Mount" is ok, but sets the Lamphead a little to high for my taste.
  • The mounting of the TX-Remote with the "Gummy O-Ring" is ok. But it happend to me, that it easily rotates on the the Handlebar if you press to "hard" or not directly because of Wintergloves. Maybe a mount with some kind of clamp and screw would be more stable.
An den alle:
Welche Linsen nutzt ihr bei der X2 als Helmlampe?
Bin momentan mit Spot(17°) und Wide(40°) unterwegs und das passt soweit. Würd vielleicht auch 2x Honeycomp(30°) testen, aber weiß gerade nicht ob da ne 2te Linse beiliegt...

Anzeige

Re: GLOWORM Lampen / Erfahrungen und Fragen
@GlowormLightsNZ Today unfortunately I was affected by a total fail of my G2. It has been working flawlessly since 11.10.2021. After my last ride I arrived at home with 32% capacity shown on the display of the battery. Today I left my house after successfully pairing the light with the remote. Switched it off waiting for sunset. Outside temperature was 10 degrees today. After 35 minutes of riding I wanted to turn the light on. Nothing happened! Only the lower rows of the battery display are working. The battery seems to be totally frozen at 31%. Putting the battery into the warm house and connecting it to the charger did not change anything. I think it‘s dead now?

Is there a possibility for a reset?

Edit:
Factory reset does not work. The light itself is working when connected to the power charger.

27D3CAFF-865F-46C9-8166-C8A5FAA8E66A.jpeg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Noch nicht. Bin noch nicht lange zuhause. Teste ich gleich mal.

Edit: Reset geht nicht.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi @GlowormLightsNZ, Hi Bruce,
awesome having you here, replying to our issues and giving insights about developing your products! Thank you very much for this.
Some questions/ideas from me:
  • Is there a reason why you can only add 4 Light Levels + Special Mode? Why not up to 10 to have more opportunities?
  • Why is it not possible to change the Intensity on SpecialMode?
  • Do you plan to release a Helmet Mount like the "QR Helmet Mount" for the G1.0 for G2.0? The " GoPro Mount" is ok, but sets the Lamphead a little to high for my taste.
  • The mounting of the TX-Remote with the "Gummy O-Ring" is ok. But it happend to me, that it easily rotates on the the Handlebar if you press to "hard" or not directly because of Wintergloves. Maybe a mount with some kind of clamp and screw would be more stable.
An den alle:
Welche Linsen nutzt ihr bei der X2 als Helmlampe?
Bin momentan mit Spot(17°) und Wide(40°) unterwegs und das passt soweit. Würd vielleicht auch 2x Honeycomp(30°) testen, aber weiß gerade nicht ob da ne 2te Linse beiliegt...
Hi There

Thanks for the insights.

With the light levels we decided to cap at 4 but this can be easily changed with a small adjustment to the app.

Our mounts for both helmet mounting and remote are always areas where we can improve. For us mounting systems are essential. We do have a G2.0 bolt for our QR helmet Mounts being designed as we speak.

Regards the intensity of special mode we thought that if you could change a light level to be super dim then this would suffice.

The app can be adjusted easily and we will continue to do so as suggestions like these come up.

Would you guys be interested in an option to design your own flash pattern or adjust intensities?

Thanks again

Bruce

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi There

Thanks for the insights.

With the light levels we decided to cap at 4 but this can be easily changed with a small adjustment to the app.

Our mounts for both helmet mounting and remote are always areas where we can improve. For us mounting systems are essential. We do have a G2.0 bolt for our QR helmet Mounts being designed as we speak.

Regards the intensity of special mode we thought that if you could change a light level to be super dim then this would suffice.

The app can be adjusted easily and we will continue to do so as suggestions like these come up.

Would you guys be interested in an option to design your own flash pattern or adjust intensities?

Thanks again

Bruce
Thanks for the fast answer!
Being able to add more light levels and a custom Special mode would be awesome!
Also another way to activate the Special mode. Having to turn off the light first is a little confusing. Maybe let us activate it like the normal light levels. So we can put it in the "list" and easily switch it on.
I know this from the "magicshine app" where you could easily decide if an light level is a fixed or flashing mode.
Really really awesome that you take our suggestions serious and maybe add them one day. This is great service 🌝

Btw. regarding the "flickering Problem". I noticed at low light levels the lamphead also makes "low whistling noises". Not a real problem because of low volume, just wanted to let you know ;)

@GlowormLightsNZ

Hi Bruce,

any thoughts about my frozen battery problem from post #102 yet?
The battery is still laying around with partially illuminated display like shown above. Nothing did the trick. No charging, no factory reset. The light itself directly connected to the charger is working fine.

Should I send the unit back?

Thanks for the fast answer!
Being able to add more light levels and a custom Special mode would be awesome!
Also another way to activate the Special mode. Having to turn off the light first is a little confusing. Maybe let us activate it like the normal light levels. So we can put it in the "list" and easily switch it on.
I know this from the "magicshine app" where you could easily decide if an light level is a fixed or flashing mode.
Really really awesome that you take our suggestions serious and maybe add them one day. This is great service 🌝

Btw. regarding the "flickering Problem". I noticed at low light levels the lamphead also makes "low whistling noises". Not a real problem because of low volume, just wanted to let you know ;)
Hey

You can easily make any light level flashing or fixed using our app. Plus you can make it as dim as you like, therefore making your own special mode within normal operation. There are some instructions here

Hope this helps.

Bruce

@GlowormLightsNZ

Hi Bruce,

any thoughts about my frozen battery problem from post #102 yet?
The battery is still laying around with partially illuminated display like shown above. Nothing did the trick. No charging, no factory reset. The light itself directly connected to the charger is working fine.

Should I send the unit back?
Try to wake it up using a 'dumb charge'. This can be achieved with using a normal USB C charger that is not USB PD. A charge from a laptop or PC would also do the trick. The key is that cable should terminate at the power source with a USB Type A connector.

If this doesn't work, email us at [email protected] and we'll arrange a replacement.

Cheers
Bruce

Dumb charge didn‘t work. Tried an older apple charger and an old universal USB type A charger. No success. Will send a mail to GW support considering replacement. 🤔

Hi All - I'm Bruce the co-owner and designer of our products. I was just made aware of this forum by our friends in Greece, so I've taken the time to go through the thread and reply to anything that I thought may be useful.

There were a few common themes/questions and I'll address them again below.

But first I wish to thank you all for the feedback. We began our life on mtbr.com where it's members helped us develop our product and continue to provide feedback to this day. I'm hope we can get similar feedback from you guys!

The G2.0 range was a giant leap forward for us in terms of technology and one of the reasons we designed the App was to give us the ability to update firmware to change features and correct bugs. As with any new product bugs will always be found but with our system most of the time they can be dealt with.

In the future and after reading this message please feel free to continue to ask questions and provide insights on the use of our products. We truly want to hear from you and will reply on a regular basis.

Here is the common feedback and some answers to those questions:

Light Flickering at 1%

Until now (via email and this forum) we had never received any feedback about this issue. We are 95% sure it is a FW bug that was not picked up in testing. When I tested the product, we did not spend too much time at very low outputs. We electronically tested the lights and battery but did not physically test ride the light at 1%. Either way, we are now investigating the issue and once solved we will release an update and advise you of the release.

Pairing the remote each time the light is connected to the battery

This is a carry over from our G1.0 product and was done so for a reason. Our remote has many functions and can connected to one or many lights. If a pair was maintained, it would then be difficult or frustrating for a user to add or remove a light when this functionality was needed. We made the decision that creating the pair each time was the lesser inconvenience.

Battery mounting

We acknowledge that this area could be improved and we are actively looking at design changes or accessories to create a better solution. This includes the velcro that some find a little difficult to use.

Manual FW Update Check

Based on this feedback I will be working with our app designer this week to add a dropdown menu item to manually initiate a check of FW Updates. This is a great idea!

Display of current FW version on device

Once again, we will be working on adding this info to a common screen on the app to allow the user to see which version of FW each device is running. This will be a great addition.

Zero degree battery shutoff

The battery was programmed to protect the cells by not allowing discharge below -10 deg c (or above 60 deg c). The temp sensor is located on the electronic board and sits on top of the cells. When operating, the heat generated by the electronics is partially transferred into the battery cells. This serves to warm the batteries in cold temperatures (and heat them in warmer temps - not ideal but protection is in place if it gets too hot). We programmed the battery to shut off in times when the estimated battery temp drops below -10 deg c , this was assessed to be when the electronics reached zero. We realise this is not helpful when it's really cold and your light shuts down. As such we're going to look at reducing power when temps are low to avoid damage to the cells, rather than complete shutoff.

I addition we also recommend that if it is very cold outside and you do leave your bike for a prolonged stop, that you take your battery with you or keep it in a bag. Although with our new programming this should not matter as you should still be able to start up your light when it's cold albeit at very low power.

I hope this all helps in some way and I look forward to hearing back from you at some time in the future!

Cheers

Bruce
Hi All

We had delivered to us this week a significant change to both the app and product firware.

We were able to address most of the above points and also identify some other details that will be addressed soon too. For now a release is planned for about 17 January 2022 to apply the following changes:

Light Flickering at 1%

This was actually a very small software defect in a component. This has been rectified using alternate programming options.

Manual FW Update Check

We've added a small text button to the paired devices screen. This can be pressed at any time and will check for any available updates for connected lights or batteries.

The current firmware version will now be detailed after the device name on the paired devices page. Additionally, we have added an App version check on the profile menu.

We took a deep look into this situation. We've taken more positive control of low temp protection and have assessed that our products can handle much lower temperatures. As such there should be no shutoff until appx minus 20deg C (min recommended temp for battery discharge) at the battery. The only downfall of operating batteries at lower temps is reduced runtime.

App Interface

At times some customers reported that the sliders for adjusting light intensity were hard to locate and then move. Now each slider button has a larger contact area, plus you can tap anywhere on the slider to make an adjustment.

Just to confirm, these updates will be available through app on the week beginning 17 Jan 2022.

Like always, fire through any questions.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Cheers

Bruce

Hi All

We had delivered to us this week a significant change to both the app and product firware.

We were able to address most of the above points and also identify some other details that will be addressed soon too. For now a release is planned for about 17 January 2022 to apply the following changes:

Light Flickering at 1%

This was actually a very small software defect in a component. This has been rectified using alternate programming options.

Manual FW Update Check

We've added a small text button to the paired devices screen. This can be pressed at any time and will check for any available updates for connected lights or batteries.

The current firmware version will now be detailed after the device name on the paired devices page. Additionally, we have added an App version check on the profile menu.

We took a deep look into this situation. We've taken more positive control of low temp protection and have assessed that our products can handle much lower temperatures. As such there should be no shutoff until appx minus 20deg C (min recommended temp for battery discharge) at the battery. The only downfall of operating batteries at lower temps is reduced runtime.

App Interface

At times some customers reported that the sliders for adjusting light intensity were hard to locate and then move. Now each slider button has a larger contact area, plus you can tap anywhere on the slider to make an adjustment.

Just to confirm, these updates will be available through app on the week beginning 17 Jan 2022.

Like always, fire through any questions.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Cheers

Bruce

Yeeaaahh … thanks for the fast solutions!

Merry Christmas everyone

Auf ein paar Lampen gibt es im Moment 10 % Rabatt. Und 15 % Rabatt für die Newsletter-Erstanmeldung kann man wohl noch dazu anwenden.

Auf ein paar Lampen gibt es im Moment 10 % Rabatt. Und 15 % Rabatt für die Newsletter-Erstanmeldung kann man wohl noch dazu anwenden.
Ich schleiche da jetzt schon länger drum rum. Wo gibt es die 10%? Bei Luminous?
Und noch eine Frage: wie funktioniert der Go-Pro-Mount bei der Lampe? Da konnte ich auf den Bildern nicht wirklich erkennen.

Super, danke! Ist mir nicht aufgefallen. Aber dann hat sich die erledigt, mit dem System kann die nicht vorne an den Helm geschraubt werden. Schade.

nicht vorne an den Helm geschraubt werden
Warum ist genau das so wichtig? Also was genau hast du damit vor?
Die Lampe ist echt gut, von den Problemen abgesehen, die hier schon aufgezählt wurden (und die hoffentlich mit dem Firmwareupdate gelöst werden). Falls die Lampe sonst alle Anforderungen erfüllt, würde ich auf jeden Fall auch etwas eigene Bastelinitiative in Erwägung ziehen. Das Lampengehäuse lädt durchaus dazu sein, außer den kleinen Gewinden unten gibt es auch noch ein größeres seitlich (eigentlich für die Kopfhalterung per Gurt). Wenn man etwas frickelaffin ist, dürfte man die Lampe so ziemlich überall hin und dran bekommen.

War auch als Ersatz für die Helmlampe gedacht. Dort ist ein go-pro Halter dran, aber das funktioniert nicht, wenn an der Gloworm die Befestigung unten drunter ist. Dann müsste man den Lampenkopf weit nach oben drehen können, siehe Bilder.

Anhänge

• PXL_20220105_103347607.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220105_103347607.MP.jpg
    164,7 KB · Aufrufe: 54
  • PXL_20220105_103417752.jpg
    PXL_20220105_103417752.jpg
    146,9 KB · Aufrufe: 52
War auch als Ersatz für die Helmlampe gedacht. Dort ist ein go-pro Halter dran, aber das funktioniert nicht, wenn an der Gloworm die Befestigung unten drunter ist. Dann müsste man den Lampenkopf weit nach oben drehen können, siehe Bilder.
in diesem Review gibts Bilder von einer Gloworm mit GoPro Halter. Was spricht denn dagegen, eine kurze GoPro Verlängerung an den Helm zu machen?

Zurück
Oben Unten