Kavenz VHP - der Ballerbock aus Billerbeck

Anzeige

Re: Kavenz VHP - der Ballerbock aus Billerbeck
why? I ride my Ripmo AF with 170mm front and back with a coil and works fine as long as you have lighter wheels and tires for trail. So does a lot of poeple with for exaple the Stumpy Evo which has 10mm less travel, that is not
Wenn du mit einem aufgeblasenem Ripmo auf solchen Trails gut zurecht kommst solltest du vllt mal ein Kavenz testen….

why? I ride my Ripmo AF with 170mm front and back with a coil and works fine as long as you have lighter wheels and tires for trail. So does a lot of poeple with for exaple the Stumpy Evo which has 10mm less travel, that is not much difference.
I ride my kavenz on the (flat) Isartrails as well, but similar to what @DocHoliday79 says it's also not my first choice - that would be my 140mm Hardtail. Both are fun though!

Btw. I'm coming from a Stumpy (130mm) previously.

I ride my kavenz on the (flat) Isartrails as well, but similar to what @DocHoliday79 says it's also not my first choice - that would be my 140mm Hardtail. Both are fun though!

Ok. Hardtail is not an option on the trails I ride, that would suck =) it's often quite chunky, rooty, rocky but you pedal most of the time on the trails I mean.

As you are free in size choice, I am pretty sure you may set-up a bike which has more trail competences (maybe shorter reach, longer stem), light fork like a Lyrik and an airshock, light wheelset with tires to save lots of weight compared to most bikes ridden here.
My setup ends up at around 15,5-16 kg and is not agile on flat trails, but it does what it should.

Vllt. kann @MyChaOS noch was dazu sagen? Isartrails und so…

I actually haven't hit the isartrail this year so no idea how the Kavenz will handle it. But also my previous bike with 160/140 was actually not the best for the isartrails as there is no really hard stuff and mainly chunky roots. I guess an XC or Downcountry bike is the optimum there ora a 140 Hardtail. I ve also ridden almost all of the isartrail on my CX bike which was a challenge, but really exhausting in the chunkier sections...

Generally I think the Kavenz will be ok in flat Terrain as it can keep momentum and also the rearward axle path can help. But I would go for something with around 13kg rather. Don't really think 170mm really help you cope with flat Terrain. No matter how chunky it is.

So if you want it mainly for that, not really sure if it's the right. If you want it for the downhills and as well use it for flat stuff it will definitely work. But if the main use is flat I would go in the 120-140mm front travel range probably not to 170

Edit: Someone has to be critical about somthing other than the chainline?
Nope not really, perhaps the chainstay is a bit far outside so I leave marks with the sole of my shoes 😉 actually that's the kind of nitpicking necessary to find something else. And got the feedback from others that the look of the back is not theirs... Who cares form follows function anyways
Does anyone ride it with an AIR SHOCK? thoughts on the difference between air and coil on this bike?
I first wanted to, for less weight... But then went with could anyways works flawless for me.

In a couple of weeks perhaps @conathanjumpman can tell you more on airshocks in the Kavenz

I will keep you updated on the airshock (X2).

Hopefully not on marks on the chainstays, ordered black ones for this reason😅 i have the same problem also with my current bike.

form follows function👌

I actually haven't hit the isartrail this year so no idea how the Kavenz will handle it. But also my previous bike with 160/140 was actually not the best for the isartrails as there is no really hard stuff and mainly chunky roots. I guess an XC or Downcountry bike is the optimum there ora a 140 Hardtail. I ve also ridden almost all of the isartrail on my CX bike which was a challenge, but really exhausting in the chunkier sections...

Generally I think the Kavenz will be ok in flat Terrain as it can keep momentum and also the rearward axle path can help. But I would go for something with around 13kg rather. Don't really think 170mm really help you cope with flat Terrain. No matter how chunky it is.

So if you want it mainly for that, not really sure if it's the right. If you want it for the downhills and as well use it for flat stuff it will definitely work. But if the main use is flat I would go in the 120-140mm front travel range probably not to 170
That's how I think, I don't really notice a negative difference between 140 and 170mm fork on flatter terrain but there are som reserves when it gets really rough or steep.
Since the terrain I like is rooty and rocky even when it's flatter a rearward axle path seems like it could be smoother and faster even if it's 160 and a idler.
My last trailbike with 130mm rear had a frame weight the same as the Kavenz and components are about the same so weight difference would be rotating mass which I already have on my different wheelsets now. Sure I have a 36 and not a Pike (less than 200g) and another shock but weight would be 400-800g difference with the lighter wheels and tyres on both bikes. I couldn't have a carbon frame for saving weight where the seat och chainstays would fail in a crash on rocks.

I'm really curious about high pivot and I have a friend who remade his Balfa BB7 into a trailbike and now rides a Forbidden Druid. He means that all other designs are really flawed and would never own a bike without high pivot, because of isolating pedalling forces and rearward axle path.
Unfortunately I only know of one Kavenz in Sweden and it's a 8 hour drive from where I live and 480 not 460 reach which I guess I'll have but I'll have to wait and try that bike I guess =)

Moin!

Ich bin seit kurzem auch Besitzer eines Kavenz!!
Nach einer Testfahrt zusammen mit Giacomo habe ich mich für den Rahmen entschieden, bin immer noch begeistert wie agil und dennoch laufruhig das Rad ist.

Nachfolgend die Daten (176cm und 86/88cm Schrittlänge):
  • Mullet
  • knapp unter 15kg 👍

2E0BC9DF-569E-4132-A197-A8F9304A6C1A.jpeg

Derzeit habe ich noch etwas Probleme den Dämpfer korrekt einzustellen, das ging gefühlt beim Transition Sentinel einfacher von der Hand. Bei 75kg Fahrgewicht habe ich eine 350er Feder, rebound 3, HSC 10, LSC 9. Vielleicht hat ja jemand ähnliche Daten und bereits mehr Erfolg für ein gutes Setup gehabt. Raus damit 😅

viele Grüße,
Christian

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Das Kavenz kannst du mit weit geöffneter LSR fahren. Ist anfangs ungewohnt auf dem Parkplatz, ist aber nicht zu schnell, sondern passt ziemlich gut und der Hinterbau wird lebendig. HSC und LSC sind dann eher so Geschmackssachen. HSC und LSC klingen zunächst plausibel.

Falls die LSR zu schnell sein sollte im offenen Zustand, dann kannst du mal statt 7 Klicks 5 ausprobieren. Die HSR ist bei dem Dämpfer sehr straff. Der fängt nicht an zu kicken an Absprüngen.

Moin!

Ich bin seit kurzem auch Besitzer eines Kavenz!!
Nach einer Testfahrt zusammen mit Giacomo habe ich mich für den Rahmen entschieden, bin immer noch begeistert wie agil und dennoch laufruhig das Rad ist.

Nachfolgend die Daten (176cm und 86/88cm Schrittlänge):
  • Mullet
  • knapp unter 15kg 👍

Anhang anzeigen 1361022
Derzeit habe ich noch etwas Probleme den Dämpfer korrekt einzustellen, das ging gefühlt beim Transition Sentinel einfacher von der Hand. Bei 75kg Fahrgewicht habe ich eine 350er Feder, rebound 3, HSC 10, LSC 9. Vielleicht hat ja jemand ähnliche Daten und bereits mehr Erfolg für ein gutes Setup gehabt. Raus damit 😅

viele Grüße,
Christian
Hi Christian
Ich fahre bei gleichem Kampfgewicht (fahrfertig ca.75 kg) ne 375iger Feder. HSC und LSC fahre ich 3 Klicks und die Zugstufe je nach dem 4-5 Klicks von offen!! Das passt ganz gut so.

....und noch ein bisschen herbstliche Action...:)

Anhänge

• 910851A2-1137-4DE9-9DE4-ED3B32412ABB.jpeg
    910851A2-1137-4DE9-9DE4-ED3B32412ABB.jpeg
    827,8 KB · Aufrufe: 187
Noch jemand in freudiger Erwartung? 😎

Anhang anzeigen 1367315
Hab meins letzte Woche bekommen und die Karre das letzte WE zum ersten mal getestet. Der EXT aus der Madonna hat allerdings nen viel zu straffen Tune und ist zum Marco zum umarbeiten. Hab mir das Kavenz mit nem 460er reach, 450er Sattel Rohr und 125er Steuerrohr geholt. Noch während ich auf den Rahmen gewartet hab, hab ich ein wenig gezweifelt ob das nicht sich was kurz ist und bei der ersten Probe Runde im Hof hab ich mir gedacht...ok...die Karre ist echt kompakt. Aber nach der ersten Runde auf richtigen Trails muss ich sagen es war die beste Entscheidung ein kürzeres Rad zu nehmen. Die Karre lässt sich so intuitiv um eine Ecken Zirkeln. Das ist genau was ich vermisst habe. Die Laufruhe ist immernoch gut genug für mich. Bin gespannt wie die Karre mit dem richtigen Dämpfer Tune rennt.

Hab die Madonna in L, bin selbst 1,82m und bevorzuge 50mm Vorbauten und schmalere Lenker 660mm plus minus 10mm.
So Gott will bin ich in 2 Wochen in Finale, dann kann ich genaues Feedback geben.

Bin gerade dabei meines Aufzubauen, kapier den Kabelmonunt Kit aber nicht so recht.
könnte jemand freundlicherweise Detailfotos von den Kabelausgängen machen?

Zurück
Oben Unten