Singletrack in the Cologne area?

Hello everyone,

Since I have been in Germany with my bicycle for coupe of weeks I try to visit some areas during the weekend and do some cycling. I was already in Eifel, Bergsiches and Netherlands trek route Groesbeek . The best fun I had in the NL, because in was strictly designed singletrack for MTB. I am staying in the small town close to Dusseldorf. Do you maybe know some singletracks about 150km from Dusseldorf?

Staying near Düsseldorf and asking for tracks in Cologne area is not a good idea as these cities are local rivals :)
Two very nice spots to avoid are the "Nationalpark Eifel" (west of Cologne) and the nature reserve "Siebengebirge" (in the South): Only a few boring forest roads are allowed and this is checked by rangers. There should be nice spots close to Düsseldorf, but the advice should come from someone who is more familiar with the area.

My friends also told me about that "rival thing" :)) I posted this here because I couldn't see the Dusseldorf area where I could place this topic :)) For me it doesnt matter close to which city the single track will be, because 150km of travel is ok for me :))

I do not want to make any mess with to many topics. Maybe for now I will wait if somebody replies here with something interesting. If not, will do like you siggest :))

that is, of course, absolutely correct.
It is best to ride only with area experts who follow the rules. (DIMB, nature conservation concepts of the municipalities, etc.)
There is already enough trouble. Was a mistake to tighten this even more.

Hey guys. Thanks alot for the hints. Will check them definately :))
One more question. Any of you have been to Winterberg bikepark? I wanted to visit it but it turned out that only fullface helmets are allowed on every track. So I have visted Willingen bikepark and had a lot of fun there. Do you maybe know if there is no way to ride in Winterberg with normal helmet? Somebody can check this and don't let me ride the bikepark?

Hey guys. Thanks alot for the hints. Will check them definately :))
One more question. Any of you have been to Winterberg bikepark? I wanted to visit it but it turned out that only fullface helmets are allowed on every track. So I have visted Willingen bikepark and had a lot of fun there. Do you maybe know if there is no way to ride in Winterberg with normal helmet? Somebody can check this and don't let me ride the bikepark?
I would highly recommend to wear a fullface helmet at any bikepark. There is now reason not to do so. Uphill there is a lift, so why wearing anything else then a fullface? Winterberg is doing right to have fullface mandatory. They have too many injured anyways.

If you don't have one, rent one!

Zurück
Oben Unten