Strecken in Sachsen und Sachsen Anhalt

Hello,

Im new to the forum. I know its a german speaking forum and i apologize in advance. I could try to write in german but i think it would be worse.

I live in Germany since 2.5 years more or less and more or less 2 months ago I bought a Downhill bike.
Im looking for spots to ride, i have experience riding bikes(6 years trial and 2 years bmx), meaning im noobish in the DH scene but im not a complete beginner. So that you have an idea i could ride the "parkline" of Elstra's Black Mountain bikepark relatively well. but that was close to the limit.

Im looking for trails, all kinds of trails, they dont need to be the gnarliest DH trails. Anything with a slight downslope and some rocks/roots should be ok. I just want to know the spots.

Currently I live in Leipzig and I have a Uni card so I can travel freely.

From leipzig i know the following spots:
Küchenholz
Trash Mountain
Lindenauer Hafen
Fockeberg

Here i attached the places to which i can travel for free.

Thank you very much in advance.
And sorry for the english.

You can answer in german, it should be ok for me to read...

MFG
Pablo

Anhänge

• karte.png
    karte.png
    199,1 KB · Aufrufe: 146
... I bought a Downhill bike....
Your Uni card won´t get you far enough or even near enough to a place, from where you can pedal a DH bike to a decent spot.

I live in Leipzig for decades and never saw a reason to buy a DH bike, even when going by car to the nearest bikeparks (Elstra, Ochsenkopf, Schöneck, MSB-X, Hahnenklee, Klinovec DH). An Allmountain(Enduro) or Superenduro (Freeride) bike will be ok even for the Jumpline in Schöneck or Elstra, plus you can pedal it to a trailhead.

Rochlitzberg has some "Dh tracks", compare it to Trash Mountain, just a bit more elevation. There is a train station in Rochlitz, and in Narsdorf - both about 10km away from the trailhead (see GE).
Best for winter training is Rosstrappe DH Thale (chairlift), which is open all year round except for now until Christmas. Thale is easily reached by train.
Better to have a car though.

For Allmountain (or Enduro) best places nearby are Kriebstein (from Döbeln or Waldheim), Grimma (Stadtwald), Harz (starting a roundtrip from Wernigerode or so), Zittau and Smrk.

I guess you have checked into Trailforks already?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Your Uni card won´t get you far enough or even near enough to a place, from where you can pedal a DH bike to a decent spot.

I live in Leipzig for decades and never saw a reason to buy a DH bike, even when going by car to the nearest bikeparks (Elstra, Ochsenkopf, Schöneck, MSB-X, Hahnenklee, Klinovec DH). An Allmountain(Enduro) or Superenduro (Freeride) bike will be ok even for the Jumpline in Schöneck or Elstra, plus you can pedal it to a trailhead.

Rochlitzberg has some "Dh tracks", compare it to Trash Mountain, just a bit more elevation. There is a train station in Rochlitz, and in Narsdorf - both about 10km away from the trailhead (see GE).
Best for winter training is Rosstrappe DH Thale (chairlift), which is open all year round except for now until Christmas. Thale is easily reached by train.
Better to have a car though.

For Allmountain (or Enduro) best places nearby are Kriebstein (from Döbeln or Waldheim), Grimma (Stadtwald), Harz (starting a roundtrip from Wernigerode or so), Zittau and Smrk.

I guess you have checked into Trailforks already?

Thank you very much.
I know that a DH bike is overkill. I just wanted to have a DH bike its a little luxury/pleasure that i wanted to have. i know they arent practical. I just wanted one.
I will definitely visit those places, my gf has a car and she is also into mtb so hopefully she wants to go too.
Again thank you very much!!
cheers

PS:I just checked trailforks its f*ing amazing! thanks!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten