SYRE - ridesyre - Gravel made in St. Petersburg (OPEN WI.DE. Killer?)

Wie kann man das mit der kleinsten Zähnezahl für die Kurbel verstehen? Warum kann ich da keine 46/30 Kurbel nehmen? Passt das dann mit den Kettenstreben nicht?
Unter 38T ist es sehr wahrscheinlich dass die Kette die Kettenstrebe berührt. Grund dafür ist das Design mit den abgesenkten Kettenstreben und der hohen RReifenfreiheit

Anzeige

Re: SYRE - ridesyre - Gravel made in St. Petersburg (OPEN WI.DE. Killer?)
Ich fände das Bike schon noch spannend.
Wie sind eigentlich die Kabelzüge der Schaltung und Bremse im Detail verlegt? Zum Beispiel vom Lenker aus, gehen die dann sichtbar in den Rahmen?
Irgendwie habe ich den (wohl unberechtigten!) Eindruck, dass man da die Katze im Sack kaufen würde.
Aber es ist schon sehr gelungen von der Optik her, und die Homepage finde ich eigentlich auch äusserst ansprechend. Nur fehlen mir die Detailbilder, oder generell mehr Bilder. Auch wenn es bisher nur Prototypen gibt, die wären grundsätzlich ja nicht unsichtbar, könnte man also schöne Bilder machen...

Irgendwie habe ich den (wohl unberechtigten!) Eindruck, dass man da die Katze im Sack kaufen würde.
Auf jeden Fall ist das die Katze im Sack. 2500 Euro (2500 usd plus Steuer) für einen No-Name Rahmen über den es Null Info gibt? Ich sehe auf der Webseite nicht mal das Gewicht des Rahmens. In der Preisklasse geht das gar nicht, IMHO. Scheinbar haben die auch nur Prototypen auf der Webseite.
Nun suchen sie Leute, die für 2500 Euro Versuchskarnickel sind... so scheint es mir.

Die Frage habe ich mir auch gestellt...
Was mich halt stutzig macht ist, dass die nicht mal ne 'About' Info auf der Seite haben. Wenn ich selbst Rahmen fertigen oder zumindest entwickeln würde, dann würde ich das zumindest mal erwähnen. Die Seite sieht halt aus nach: Guck mal, bunte Farben und kannst dicke Reifen draufziehen... wie Carbonda nur 4-5 mal teurer und ohne Erfahrungsberichte. Vielleicht sehe ich das zu kritisch, aber das ganze sieht irgendwie unprofessionell aus. Und wieso keine Angabe zum Gewicht des Rahmens?

Was mich halt stutzig macht ist, dass die nicht mal ne 'About' Info auf der Seite haben. Wenn ich selbst Rahmen fertigen oder zumindest entwickeln würde, dann würde ich das zumindest mal erwähnen. Die Seite sieht halt aus nach: Guck mal, bunte Farben und kannst dicke Reifen draufziehen... wie Carbonda nur 4-5 mal teurer und ohne Erfahrungsberichte. Vielleicht sehe ich das zu kritisch, aber das ganze sieht irgendwie unprofessionell aus. Und wieso keine Angabe zum Gewicht des Rahmens?
Ist auf jeden Fall eher semi professionell aufgezogen.
Auf Insta gibt's noch ein bisschen was zu sehen

Und hier noch etwas mehr inside info:
https://www.ridesyre.com/tc

Carbon, Stahl oder Titan?
Naja, für Carbon auf Mass machen lassen werden wohl 3000 nicht ausreichen. Braucht ja eine Form.
Für Stahl sind 3000 schon sehr viel, frage mich obs das überhaupt gibt...
Also bleibt nur Titan, von lokalen Machern.

Hatte eigentlich im Kopf, meine das irgendwo gelesen zu haben, dass die den SYRE Rahmen selber laminieren bzw. bauen, sprich in Russland hergestellt.

Hello everybody!
  1. The photo shows the prototype. It has all the wiring going into the frame through the stem. The cables enter where the handlebar is attached to the stem. Next, the wiring goes along the steering column of the fork through the headset bearings into the frame. Yes, this was our prototype: we wanted to make a complete clean look, but then we realized that everyone was interested in being able to put their own stem. We decided to temporarily abandon the production of our own stem - we do not have enough time for this. Therefore, now the internal routing is realized through the cap of the headset, as shown in the photo.
  2. We still have not specified the weight of the frame, as we are still testing options for laying up carbon and kevlar. All the frames that we already made have different weights. We don't want to announce incorrect data in advance.
  3. Yes, objectively, we are a no-name or a cat in a poke. But all the well-known companies started with this. We are here to win your trust. There's no other way to start. We ourselves already want to give our first production bike to the opinion leader for review as soon as possible, so that we get an honest, authoritative third-person review.
  4. We understand that the EU is a bit of a closed territory for goods from outside. We are ready to consider all delivery options to reduce tax charges. Do you know any life hacks to reduce the cost?
  5. As for the cost of the frame itself. 2500 dollars is equal to 2095 euros. If the tax is 19% , then it is about 400 euros. In total, together with the delivery, you get 2595 euros. In our opinion, this is one of the best offers on the market for carbon gravel.
  6. We believe that Open makes very good frames, despite making them in Taiwan. But we decided for ourselves that we want to control every stage of production, so the full cycle of our production is located in St. Petersburg. We have a full production cycle - we prepare, then manufacture, also paint, assemble and prepare frames for shipment in one place. This is a very important point for us, so I can assure you that we are not China.
  7. The website was created a year ago.All photos from the site were taken using a bypass technology. But now we have established our own production. A little later, we will update the site and you can see that we do everything by ourselves and this is not China with a sticker.

Thank you for your questions, I hope you were interested :)

Anhänge

• IMG_3173.PNG
    IMG_3173.PNG
    1,2 MB · Aufrufe: 198
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello everybody!
  1. The photo shows the prototype. It has all the wiring going into the frame through the stem. The cables enter where the handlebar is attached to the stem. Next, the wiring goes along the steering column of the fork through the headset bearings into the frame. Yes, this was our prototype: we wanted to make a complete clean look, but then we realized that everyone was interested in being able to put their own takeaway. We decided to temporarily abandon the production of our own stem - we do not have enough time for this. Therefore, now the internal routing is realized through the cap of the headset, as shown in the photo.
  2. We still have not specified the weight of the frame, as we are still testing options for laying up carbon and kevlar. All the frames that we already made have different weights. We don't want to announce incorrect data in advance.
  3. Yes, objectively, we are a no-name or a cat in a poke. But all the well-known companies started with this. We are here to win your trust. There's no other way to start. We ourselves already want to give our first production bike to the opinion leader for review as soon as possible, so that we get an honest, authoritative third-person review.
  4. We understand that the EU is a bit of a closed territory for goods from outside. We are ready to consider all delivery options to reduce tax charges. Do you know any life hacks to reduce the cost?
  5. As for the cost of the frame itself. 2500 dollars is equal to 2095 euros. If the tax is 19% , then it is about 400 euros. In total, together with the delivery, you get 2595 euros. In our opinion, this is one of the best offers on the market for carbon gravel.
  6. We believe that Open makes very good frames, despite making them in Taiwan. But we decided for ourselves that we want to control every stage of production, so the full cycle of our production is located in St. Petersburg. We have a full production cycle - we prepare, then manufacture, also paint, assemble and prepare frames for shipment in one place. This is a very important point for us, so I can assure you that we are not China.
  7. The website was created a year ago.All photos from the site were taken using a bypass technology. But now we have established our own production. A little later, we will update the site and you can see that we do everything by ourselves and this is not China with a sticker.

thanks again for taking your time to explain things here!

Hello everybody!
  1. The photo shows the prototype. It has all the wiring going into the frame through the stem. The cables enter where the handlebar is attached to the stem. Next, the wiring goes along the steering column of the fork through the headset bearings into the frame. Yes, this was our prototype: we wanted to make a complete clean look, but then we realized that everyone was interested in being able to put their own takeaway. We decided to temporarily abandon the production of our own stem - we do not have enough time for this. Therefore, now the internal routing is realized through the cap of the headset, as shown in the photo.

Yes, this is true, everyone has to start at some point. And it is hard to convince people from your product.
And I think you have a good chance with that frame, because it looks very pretty. I will be a question to get in contact with the right person, which will act like a kind of ambassador.
The beginning is hard, I can imagine very well. But with what I read so far, I am confident that this could go well soon. I like the fact you are manufacturing in St. Petersburg, and not abroad.

So keep on with spreading information and pictures. Pictures tell much more than words!

Yes, objectively, we are a no-name or a cat in a poke. But all the well-known companies started with this. We are here to win your trust. There's no other way to start. We ourselves already want to give our first production bike to the opinion leader for review as soon as possible, so that we get an honest, authoritative third-person review.

We understand that the EU is a bit of a closed territory for goods from outside. We are ready to consider all delivery options to reduce tax charges. Do you know any life hacks to reduce the cost?

As for the cost of the frame itself. 2500 dollars is equal to 2095 euros. If the tax is 19% , then it is about 400 euros. In total, together with the delivery, you get 2595 euros. In our opinion, this is one of the best offers on the market for carbon gravel.
Hey Syre, a couple of points I'd like to comment on:
When you enter a market you need to have a selling point that's easy to for people to understand. What's your selling point? It's not the price.
There are probably about 30 people on this board who have already bought a carbonda frame for under 600 Dollars. It's a good quality gravel frame out of China.
It's really hard to start selling into the premium segment of any market without a good USP.

Tax and toll is gonna be more than 400. 19% is just the VAT and it's 19% on the frame and shipping, not just the frame. Toll is extra. You are basically directly competing with OPEN at that price. A couple of hundered Dollars is not gonna make a difference to people who spend 5 grand and more on a bike.

I know a few other companies in the sporting goods industry from Poland who entered the market at a very good price point and raised the price significantly after they were an established brand. That'd be a better strategy, IMHO.

If you want my advice, IMHO you need to get the price down in the beginning. Than make sure everybody knows that you make the frame in-house... post pictures of the factory, make youtube channel or whatever gives you some profile online. Give the bike nerds some fodder.
And come up with a good sales pitch. Why not get a OPEN for almost the same price and why not get a Carbonda for much cheaper... that's what people are going to ask themselves, and I think you need an answer to that.

I would start out by giving @Colt__Seavers a frame for free if he wants to make a Syre build thread on here. Hundreds of people are going to see that and he's probably sold 50 carbonda frames already. Advertisement doesn't get any cheaper than that and he's got a good track record.

I wish you all the luck.

From a marketing perspective I wouldn’t recommend proposing “premium” and then spoiling my approach by lowering the price. If it’s premium people will pay a premium price as long as they think it’s worth the investment. And here is your USP coming into play: what makes Syre unique? What is your image? All in-house, limited numbers, possibilities to individualize are good starters in my opinion but this is other brands’ offering too

@SYRE
USP is key here like the other users said.
If you want to be unique in comparison to OPEN bring that internal rooting option. OPEN having that up its sleeve most likely too. So be fast and be good.

OPEN somehow lives by the name and success of Gerard Vroomen and the markering skills of Andy Kessler. They don't even need ambassadors to be successful. It's their name, their exclusivity, their product, their simplicity.
If you want to shine with the inhouse manufacturing, make it a key point. Make people believe in quality and give them inside info. It's like @Bennnno said, open up a youtube channel and present yourself, post pictures of anything you can share. You already have an insta account. push that! I don't really know for sure how OPEN gained their reputation in the first place. I'm not aware of any marketing they did with the ONE+ frame. But as far as I can tell with the OPEN U.P. their brand exploded, like the Gravel sector exploded.
But yeah, no one likes to grow faster than manageable, so keep that in mind also.

Yeah it's true what @Bennnno said, the demand of Carbonda framesets exploded since I started the Carbonda gravel frame and later on the Carbonda fully frame threads here on this forum. The thread is way longer than any other brand thread in the gravel section. Carbonda'sr 505 gravel frame is out since beginning of 2017 but in 2019 this hole thing exploded and sales went up. My contact person at Carbonda said she is having a turnover of 80 grand USD per month as one sales person. and they are three sales persons dealing with private customers only. I don't get any money or any other goodies from Carbonda! I just like to build and ride bikes and thought others might benefit from it. Same thing with your frame. I wanted to bring it to a wider audience. But this forum here is only one address. The ridinggravel.com forum is also pretty good address as it's Gravel only. A lot of international buyers reading there. Also the Carbonda thread is the biggest there.

Hope that helps.

@SYRE You will need fans / ambassadors and build a story around your brand. Take a look at Rodeo Labs in the US or Belle in Spain or OPEN. All three have built amazing brands around their products.

You can compete normally only in 2 dimensions, price or innovation. Innovation possibilities are very limited in a product like a gravel bike frame. Price is nothing you want to compete with unless you have economies of scale and / or produce in a low cost environment. Nevertheless you need something in your product which makes in a kind unique (at least in the eyes of a potential buyer).

This leaves one last option, which is brand. You can build a brand via an outstanding product which you combine with emotions. I would think, this is the way to go. Bikes are emotional products (for people willing to spend >2.500 EUR for a frame at least) so it is possible to build it.

An outstanding marketing person will be as important for the success of your company as the quality of the product itself.

I whish you great success

Hey Leute, hier ist es ja ganz schön ruhig geworden. März ist ganz schön lange her.

Ich wollte mich nur mal zu Wort melden, dass ich seit dem mit SYRE Kontakt halte. Immer wieder kam es zu verschiebungen des Release Datums. Grund dafür sind die unaufhörlichen Tests, welche täglich von SYRE Team durchgeführt werden. Bisher wurden ne ganze Menge Rahmen zerstört, um das 100% richtige Setup/Layup zu finden, was keine Wünsche des SYRE Teams offen lässt. Täglich werden Dinge optimiert und nächsten Tag aufs neue getestet.
Verfolgt einfach den Instagram Kanal, da gibt es ab und an ein paar Schmankerl zu sehen
https://instagram.com/ridesyre?utm_medium=copy_link
Der neue Release wurde auf Oktober verschoben. Drücken wir dem russischen Team die Daumen dass sie es schaffen!

Hey Leute, hier ist es ja ganz schön ruhig geworden. März ist ganz schön lange her.

Ich wollte mich nur mal zu Wort melden, dass ich seit dem mit SYRE Kontakt halte. Immer wieder kam es zu verschiebungen des Release Datums. Grund dafür sind die unaufhörlichen Tests, welche täglich von SYRE Team durchgeführt werden. Bisher wurden ne ganze Menge Rahmen zerstört, um das 100% richtige Setup/Layup zu finden, was keine Wünsche des SYRE Teams offen lässt. Täglich werden Dinge optimiert und nächsten Tag aufs neue getestet.
Verfolgt einfach den Instagram Kanal, da gibt es ab und an ein paar Schmankerl zu sehen
https://instagram.com/ridesyre?utm_medium=copy_link
Der neue Release wurde auf Oktober verschoben. Drücken wir dem russischen Team die Daumen dass sie es schaffen!
Ich bin gespannt. Auf Insta habe ich gesehen, dass sie nun die ersten Rahmen im Dezember versenden wollen und der Vorverkaufspreis bei USD 2.500 liegt. Inklusive Zoll, Versand und Steuer liegt der Rahmen bei ca. EUR 2.700. Für mich persönlich ist das zu teuer, um es für einen Newcomer Rahmen zu zahlen. Die Infos zum Rahmen, Herstellung usw sind dünn, für meinen Geschmack zu dünn, um den Preis zu rechtfertigen.

Zurück
Oben Unten