TYEE - Fragen, Antworten und Diskussionen

Hi Boris,
since no one answered your question yet I'll do my best. Please forgive me if I'm wrong here but you seem to do some guesswork concerning the size of that AL DH bolt. Why don't you ask Proprain directly which size allen key you need to install a new hanger?
Their hotline should work or just send an email.
Once that's solved you can start coming up with solutions. A very simple one would be to pack the correct size allen key along with your multitool. Thats a lot cheaper than buying a second hanger for spare parts if you ask me.

I hope I was able to help. Please share your solution with us once you've managed to come up with one.

Hey Twmtb,

Thanks for answering.
I don't want to ask Propain for two reasons - because I know how much work they have (way more important than my question) and because I will (hopefully) find soon what the exact size is.
Packing an extra wrench will be the solution at the beginning, at least until I make some modifications. You are totally right - I am guessing about the size of the key. But looking at photos and knowing that the axle is M12, I don't see how the wrench key can be smaller than 15mm having in mind that nut that holds the hanger has even bigger than M12 thread. And a full size 15mm wrench key is something that is not light and you don't want to carry on long trips in your backpack. An option might be to search for some small wrench key.
As for the price of the new CF hanger - I will buy it, take the bolt and sell the hanger it self for lower price (like 15 EUR). Or another option is to buy the SRAM UDH as it can be found for as little as 10 EUR. The problem with the Sram one is that I don't know if the thread pitch is the same as the Propain AL one. My biggest concern is if it will actually work. But buying a second hanger will fix at least one thing for me - the ugly hole thats left with the AL frames.

In any case I will write when I have done something.

Hey Twmtb,

Thanks for answering.
I don't want to ask Propain for two reasons - because I know how much work they have (way more important than my question) and because I will (hopefully) find soon what the exact size is.
Packing an extra wrench will be the solution at the beginning, at least until I make some modifications. You are totally right - I am guessing about the size of the key. But looking at photos and knowing that the axle is M12, I don't see how the wrench key can be smaller than 15mm having in mind that nut that holds the hanger has even bigger than M12 thread. And a full size 15mm wrench key is something that is not light and you don't want to carry on long trips in your backpack. An option might be to search for some small wrench key.
As for the price of the new CF hanger - I will buy it, take the bolt and sell the hanger it self for lower price (like 15 EUR). Or another option is to buy the SRAM UDH as it can be found for as little as 10 EUR. The problem with the Sram one is that I don't know if the thread pitch is the same as the Propain AL one. My biggest concern is if it will actually work. But buying a second hanger will fix at least one thing for me - the ugly hole thats left with the AL frames.

In any case I will write when I have done something.
Hi Boris, I’m especially interested if the SRAM UDH will work. Maybe I should try to find that one out myself. I look forward to hearing from you. My Tyee AL will arrive in february.

Hallo Leute,

ich habe eine Frage bezüglich des 2019 Tyee CF. Es kommt standardmäßig ja ohne ISG5 Aufnahme. Nun habe ich eine Art Adapterplatte dazubekommen, die aufgesteckt werden kann.
Weiß jemand wohinter die eingeklemmt wird? Muss dazu das Tretlager raus, oder reicht es die Kurbel zu lösen?

Würde ungern ohne Bashguard fahren ...

Danke =)
peace. Yannick
Geklemmt wird die über die Tretlagerschale. Die muß runter.

Geklemmt wird die über die Tretlagerschale. Die muß runter.

Das habe ich befürchtet. Hab es mir heute nochmal angesehen.

Hab noch nie ein Tretlager raus / locker gemacht. Irgendwas zu beachten?
Brauch ich ein spezielles Tool?
Weiß jemand den Drehmoment zum wieder anziehen zufällig?

Danke euch für das Feedback!

Das habe ich befürchtet. Hab es mir heute nochmal angesehen.

Hab noch nie ein Tretlager raus / locker gemacht. Irgendwas zu beachten?
Brauch ich ein spezielles Tool?
Weiß jemand den Drehmoment zum wieder anziehen zufällig?

Danke euch für das Feedback!

der Drehmoment ist für die Schalen als auch für die Kurbel bei 50 Nm, aber vorsicht ich komm bei mir nicht auf 50 Nm, hab bei 45 oder so aufgehört, weil das schon mehr als stark angezogen ist.

Mahlzeit, sagt mal wie lange dauerte es bei euch bis Ihr euer Priduktionsdatum bekommen habt? Habe am 28.12. bestellt und meine Paypal Zahlung wurde am 31.12. bestätigt🤷‍♂️

kann paar Tage dauern, du hast ja bestellt als sie "Werksferien" hatten und MI war Feiertag. Denke da sind einige Bestellungen im System, das kann wohl aktuell bissel dauern

Hi. Kurze Frage. Muss mein Tyee zur Überprüfung an Propain senden. Dazu habe ich ein Rücksendeetikett bekommen. Muss ich das Rad/Paket zusätzlich versichern? Liegt das Verlustrisiko bei mir?

Hi. Kurze Frage. Muss mein Tyee zur Überprüfung an Propain senden. Dazu habe ich ein Rücksendeetikett bekommen. Muss ich das Rad/Paket zusätzlich versichern? Liegt das Verlustrisiko bei mir?
Soweit ich weiss liegt das Risiko bei Propain wenn du deren Etikett benutzt.
Darf man fragen was mit deinem Tyee los ist ?

Hey Leute, hat da jemand Erfahrung. Ist wenn man das Tubelesskid bestellt auch bereits Felgenband ordentlich eingeklebt? Im Konfigurator steht lediglich Tubelessventile vormontiert.

Vielen Dank für eure Rückmeldung✌️

Hey Leute, hat da jemand Erfahrung. Ist wenn man das Tubelesskid bestellt auch bereits Felgenband ordentlich eingeklebt? Im Konfigurator steht lediglich Tubelessventile vormontiert.

wäre ja doof wenn nicht oder? :) alle Felgen kommen mit Band egal ob du Tubeless oder mit Schlauch bestellst

Ich hab die ZTR notubes bestellt ohne tubeless und das Band war schon sauber geklebt. Ventile und Milch rein zack feddich tubeless um weniger als 30€ und mit mehr ersatzmilch. :)

Hi Boris, I’m especially interested if the SRAM UDH will work. Maybe I should try to find that one out myself. I look forward to hearing from you. My Tyee AL will arrive in february.
Hey Twmtb, I just found out that the bolt from the SRAM UDH wont fit even as a plug since it is left thread. Not sure why they did this. The one from the CF Tyee looks like a normal one with right thread, so it is still an option that I will check as long as my bike arrives.

PS: The axle threads in to the bolt.. that's why it is left thread. This will also means that it is the wrong size.

Bei mir ergibt sich bei gleicher Konfiguration ein Unterschied von über 600 €. Ich hab in den letzten Tagen das Bike auch mehrfach konfiguriert und bin gerade ein bisschen vom Glauben abgefallen...

Zurück
Oben Unten