Die angebotene Stelle:
Works in the Specialized tire engineering team as a hands-on test mechanic. Is responsible for materials testing and all product testing up to production release. Works with Specialized Industrial Design team, 3rd party designers, pro bike racers and enthusiast riders to create tread patterns. Creates tire mold drawings in CAD and manages tool industrialization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTPUTS
– Work with tire engineers and tire vendors on swift industrialization processes. Ensures the timely execution of approval test protocols. Be prepared to mount and test tires in a workshop environment for several days in a row if need be.
– Evaluates competitor performance and suggests development gaps
– Managing and running all sample shipments from vendors for release or field testing. Takes care of sample storage.
– Develops tread patterns from the design phase to the execution of tire mold drawings. Works with development engineers, product management, industrial design, tooling suppliers and tire suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Metal mechanics and technical drafting
– Proficient in CAD, CAM tools.
– Works around and operates machines safely.
– 0-5 years work experience
– Bike shop experience appreciated
– Proficient in English language. Be able to provide oral and written communication to colleagues, external suppliers and customers.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
– Open minded and able to communicate effectively cross cultural.
– Able to think conceptually, but also able to keep attention to detail.
– Able to organize the position, build it out and drive the aspects that contribute to tire team goals. High feel for responsibility.
Stellenangebote bei Specialized Engineering GmbH
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.