V: 1993 Klein Adroit 'Rain Forest'

For sale:

1993 KLEIN ADROIT frameset.

Includes
- frame
- fork
- MC1 handlebar/stem combo

The serial nbr is ADT000351. This is an early '93 frame and it has the boron/carbon fiber reinforcements in fork & stays and naturally the famed 2" downtube.

The frame is 18" = XS which has a 560mm toptube.
The stem is 135mm in length and the BB spindle is 117mm. This length suits Tune, Cook RSR, etc. cranks. I have a NOS 113mm spindle available too if you want to have shorter one.

As the Adroits are very rare and sought-after in their own right, my Adroit's RAIN FOREST paint scheme is super rare. It was offered in 1993 only and for Adroit only so you couldn't order it on Attitude. Every frameset is individual because of the painting technique - the different colours are randomly sponged on the white base.
This is only 1 of 4 Rain Forest bikes/frames that I have ever seen when searching over the Internet.

Here's the frame:

You can see photos of a complete bike here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111942#111942
and here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7017&start=30

This frameset is not new / unridden but it is in a very good condition. Not a single dent or dingle can be found from this frameset.
However, since I'm an honest trader and would like the buyer to know exactly what he/she is getting, I want to show you that there are few paintchips to be found.

As you can see, the chips are very minor and if wanted, they're easily patch-up painted.
The only considerable things in the frame are these:

As you can see, there's a largeish scratch underside the left chainstay. It's located so that you cannot see it unless you turn the bike upside-down. That is easily patched-up as well. The Rain Forest colour is very easy and forgiving to patch-up, because the paint is uneven and asymmetrical (psychedelic :wink:). The other thing is that the rear brake cable outlet is drilled to accommondate outer cable for Maguras/V-brakes. I have installed a normal Klein pressure tubing to guide the cable as intended for cantilever brakes and there are no problems with the outlet. The cable inlet is not drilled.

And the most interesting thing: cost...

2200 EUR + shipping.
Shipping inside EU varies by country but it's about 60-130€ depending on usage of Economy or Priority mail, etc. The shipping will be trackable and insured.

Zurück
Oben Unten