2023 Rockshox SDU Hydraulic bottom out

To all the tech nerds out there:

I just recently picked up the SDU to replace my EXT Storia that has been making problems. I absolutely loved the HBO feature on the EXT hence picking up the SDU.

Now to my question. The HBO supposedly controls the last 20% of suspension travel on both shocks. On the EXT it ramped up the progressivity by 50% (I don’t know how much on the SDU). It gave the EXT a truly bottomless feel.
The new SDU still has a foam bumper on the shaft as the old coil shocks without HBO had to prevent harsh bottom outs. The EXT does NOT have such a foam bumper. Only a small foam ring that didn’t have any significant absorbing capabilities.
So on the SDU we have the HBO PLUS the foam bumper ramping up the final stroke. In my opinion this is noticeable and makes the ramp up harsh. Has anyone tried cutting down/out the foam bumper and only running HBO on the SDU as on the EXT? Maybe turning the HBO all the way up.
I have talked to SRAM support Germany and all my local suspension tuners, no one could give me any advice/experience.

I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Zurück
Oben Unten