Skeen Trail 2021

Hi all,

I have just been a lurker on this forum and hope getting some advice about the new skeen trail 2021. I am new to the forum and a rider in the north of Belgium. I can read a little bit of German but I am not able to type/speak so sorry for that 😜 Even though nice meeting you..

I am looking at a short travel trail bike that fits my needs for trail riding and the Skeen looks like a perfect match with what I want and be able to buy. I am 1.87m with inseam around 89-90 cm. When I fill in my numbers on bike-discount It seems to suggest me a 20inch frame. However looking at the Geo the bike looks a bit small (also when comparing sizes of the tallboy and YT izzo). I currently have a grand canyon hardtail in size Large which feels a tad small since I have a very high saddle and therefore big saddle drop.
Is the sizing of Radon pretty conservative? I see the stemm on 22inch is 70mm so that will also give some wiggle room. What is your sizing advice on Radon since I am completely new these bikes? Thank you for taking the time to help!

[QUOTE = "cxfahrer, post: 17001675, lid: 22285"]
Radon = Kubus = kort

XL is nog steeds kort voor 187cm. Maar hoog - maar met 51 cm zou goed moeten zijn voor 90 cm SL.!
[/ CITAAT]

Thank you for the response. So a 20inch frame should fit if I understand you correctly? Also with a saddle height of approx. 80.5 cm?

I dont know what you mean by "20inch". I did look at the sizing on the Radon web page, the seattube has 51cm with size XL, and the reach is a tad short at 473mm.
I would never use a stem longer than 50mm on a trail bike.

I dont know what you mean by "20inch". I did look at the sizing on the Radon web page, the seattube has 51cm with size XL, and the reach is a tad short at 473mm.
I would never use a stem longer than 50mm on a trail bike.
Thanx! Miscommunication there 😉 I see my topic name is a bit confusing, I am looking at the carbon version with the new Geo. That's my bad. The seat tube on the XL is 49cm and reach 490 with a 70mm stem. When I will grab the XL I think I will indeed will swap the stem for a 40-50mm. Thank you for your input off course.

Radon = Cube = kurz

XL ist immer noch kurz fĂŒr 187cm. DafĂŒr hoch - sollte aber mit 51cm ok sein fĂŒr 90cm SL.!
Nix hoch und kurz...zumindest nicht beim CF:
IMG_20201114_130644.jpg

OK the CF is more modern.
I think you may be in between XL and L, so you have to decide what you will like better - longer and a bit easier to handle at higher speed, but not that playful, or a bit on the short side and quicker on tight singletracks.

80cm - 45cm - 5cm - 15cm = 15cm of the fixed part of the seatpost is exposed. That ist a lot. Maybe you will have to buy a longer post 170 or 210 - but it will make for a less optimal seating position because of the laid back angle of the seat tube.

OK the CF is more modern.
I think you may be in between XL and L, so you have to decide what you will like better - longer and a bit easier to handle at higher speed, but not that playful, or a bit on the short side and quicker on tight singletracks.

80cm - 45cm - 5cm - 15cm = 15cm of the fixed part of the seatpost is exposed. That ist a lot. Maybe you will have to buy a longer post 170 or 210 - but it will make for a less optimal seating position because of the laid back angle of the seat tube.

That's exactly what I was scared of. How does stack compare from HT and a fully? My HT has stack of 637 and I had to put spacers under the stem since I feel I will be too 'racey' on the bike. Thats solvable with a riser bar off course. The stack on the L seems really low in comparison..

Stack on a hardtail may be a little bit higher, for the same reason that the reach can be shorter: when in sag it will be lower in the front only.
When I compare my hardtail with my enduro bike, it has a shorter reach but I did need a riserbar with the same stack as on the enduro bike.

Stack on a hardtail may be a little bit higher, for the same reason that the reach can be shorter: when in sag it will be lower in the front only.
When I compare my hardtail with my enduro bike, it has a shorter reach but I did need a riserbar with the same stack as on the enduro bike.

Thanx for your help btw. Looks like 22 (XL) should be spot on. Stack is the same as my HT ( which I think is a bit low and more comfortable with a 20mm riser).

ZurĂŒck
Oben Unten