28" Federgabel?

Hallo all,

I'd like to know which company makes a high-end, lightweight and/or strong 28" (28 Zoll?) suspention fork? Preferably for serious XC riding. Is a fork from one of those 29" mountain bikes an option?

Thanks in advance,
Timo

For the 29ers you'll have to measure your fork(mittel of the dropouts to the crown race seat), a then find out what the build height for the sus fork is, a difference of 1-2 cm is usually ok. You frame is probably not built for 100+ mm of travel so I don't think it'll work, White makes(made?) a good cross fork and I think Pace did at some point as well.

greetings,
Nat

IMO has Cannondale the only one CX suspension fork.
The Fatty Ultra X. But I guess this fork fits only into the Cannondale CycloCross HeadShok frame?

White Industrie builds the best 29er suspension fork (not just my opinion)
Problem is the geometry of your bike. So using a 29er frame and transform it into a CX-bike (which is really just the handlebars!) would be the easiest thing!
That would be the perfect "can-do-it-all"-bike anyway!

PACE never did a CX fork but you can use 700c wheels if you use a mechanical disk-brake.

Next question would be - why? But that is a personal one ... ;) I'd rather use the fat 29er tires and a rigid fork!

phaty
"Friends don't let friends ride a headshox!"

As much as I pity those riding a Cannondale I do hear just the best from a couple of friends riding a Headshok frame ('02 and '03 models).

Suspension on a CX in not really my cup of tea still C'dales solution is getting rave reviews everywhere. Not an aftermarket item though.

Zurück
Oben Unten