Fox whit G2 offset in 301.

Hi,

Is it possible to ride whit a fox tallas 100-140 with G2 offset (from Gary-fisher roscoe 46mm offset) in my liteville 301 mk7.
What will be the different in driving capacity, etc because the different in offset?
Answers in Germany are no problem.
Thanks

Hello jimpie

I think that it will affect the handling of the bike almost in the same way as it does on the Fisher bikes. As I see the geometry of the Fisher bikes are not different for the G2 forks apart from the slightly shorter top tube / cockpit to compensate the larger offset.

Maybe this reversed question/answer from the Fisher website helps:

Q. Do I need a G2 fork on a "new" G2 bike?
A. While Fisher's new G2 offset forks are redefining the way that mountain bikes handle on the trail and elevating off-road performance to a new level, a G2 fork is not required for the new model Fisher frames. For example, if you were to compare the head tube angles of the "old" Fisher Cake model and the "new" G2 Fisher HiFi, they are as follows:
Cake = 69.5 degree
HiFi = 69.7 degree
Those angles are virtually identical; what this means to a Fisher riders is that if they are replacing their Cake frame with that of the new HiFi, they will get the same handling characteristics that they have always had with their Cake on their new HiFi by using the non-G2 fork from their Cake on their new HiFi.

Zurück
Oben Unten