Trek Remedy 9.7 oder Propain Tyee

nimm das trek. das fahrwerk ist erste sahne und der rahmen wertiger als alle anderen. und sei es nur beim wiederverkauf. was ich nur nicht verstehe, sind die 130mm die genannt wurden. das remedy und das tyee liegen doch um die 160mm?

Uhh... es verbreitet sich! Ich habe heute die gelegenheit gehabt eine Giant Reign 1.5 LTD auszuprobieren. Ich finde es auch sehr angenehmend zu fahren. Ich habe beim Giant Händler gefragt, ob ich irgendwelche Rabatt bekommen kann und Leider kann es bis Anfang September sein und nur wenn noch welche Verfügbar sein sollte. Also meine Auswahl sind jetzt:

1. Trek Remedy 8 2018
2. Canyon Strive AL 6.0
3. Giant Reign 1.5 LTD 2018
4. Trek Remedy 9.8 2018

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Well, the Strive and the Reign are quite on the opposite sides of the "enduro" spectrum. If you are considering both you could as well go with any other proper enduro bike. Maybe have a look at the new Capra. A lot of bike for your bucks.
Don't overestimate the difference between aluminium and carbon. It's just a bit of a weight difference and a bit more of a difference when it comes to the price point.
Maybe think about your focus. Is it more about getting a Bikepark machine that can handle the occasional uphill? Then consider the likes of Capra or Reign.
Or is riding tours your focus and the visit to the bikepark is the exception. In this case the uphill capabilities of the Strive are hard to beat.
Remedy is somewhere in between.
Three other things to consider:
The Strive will probably be replaced by a successor next season. Not good if you want to sell it.
The Canyon service sucks.
In about two months you will be able to make really good end of season bargains. Sometimes you can get bikes for almost half the price.

Maybe think about your focus. Is it more about getting a Bikepark machine that can handle the occasional uphill? Then consider the likes of Capra or Reign.
Or is riding tours your focus and the visit to the bikepark is the exception. In this case the uphill capabilities of the Strive are hard to beat.
Remedy is somewhere in between.
Three other things to consider:
The Strive will probably be replaced by a successor next season. Not good if you want to sell it.
In about two months you will be able to make really good end of season bargains. Sometimes you can get bikes for almost half the price.

My kind of riding will be mixed. There is a technical down hill close to where I live. So I can go there every week when the weather is good. To the bike parks, I will at the maximum go there 3 to 5 times a year where I will spend 3 to 5 hours there doing flow country trails. So going to the nearby downhill would be the most common need for me.

Don't overestimate the difference between aluminium and carbon. It's just a bit of a weight difference and a bit more of a difference when it comes to the price point.

What does the weight difference help me? Would a Carbon frame help me when going uphill? Will the Carbon frame be able to easily control when taking corners?

Well, I did not know this! I stayed away from Propain just for the fact that there is no dealer near by so that I can take my bike in case of any problems. All the models that I short listed - all have some dealership nearby. If Canyon service sucks, I would better stay away from them.

So from your opinion, the Remedy is kind of an all rounder? I just have to give the Remedy 8 a try!

What does the weight difference help me? Would a Carbon frame help me when going uphill? Will the Carbon frame be able to easily control when taking corners?
Of course a lighter bike is easyer on the uphill, but in my experience kinematics, dampers and tyres have a way bigger impact. Actually a heavier frame and lighter wheels will provide a more comfortable an less fatiguing ride. Carbon looks good though. Video on this topic
I haven't riden the Remedy (except from the parking lot) so I can't give you a proper review. But that was my understanding. The new Orbea Rallon seems to be the new wonderbike and the value is not too bad. Starts a around 4500€ with a proper build. You should be able to get some discount.

The Orbea Rallon is out of my budget even after some discounts. Now coming back to my short listed bikes and specifically comparing the Giant 1.5 LTD and the Trek Remedy 8, which one has better components? I don't have much experience about the individual components and their quality. So what do you people think?

I‘ve been riding the Remedy 8 for two months now. I‘m pretty stoked about it. Climbs decently (steep seat angle) and its downhill capabilities are far beyond mine (been ridin for more than 12 years now). Plus: the build quality of the frame is just excellent and the spec you get is just spot on. The Lyrik fork and GX eagle drivetrain make this bike stand out compared to the 9.7 for the same price. Bought it with 15% off the original pricetag, that is something that you won‘t get with a direct sales brand unless you wait until the season‘s over!

Anyone has an idea from where the Trek bikes are imported to Germany? Do they come imported from the USA? If so will it be affected by the EU tax scheme that is coming into effect from the 22 June 2018? Any ideas?

Anyone has an idea from where the Trek bikes are imported to Germany? Do they come imported from the USA? If so will it be affected by the EU tax scheme that is coming into effect from the 22 June 2018? Any ideas?

Since they are not manufactured in the USA, the german distributor get's the directly form Taiwan.

AND Mountainbikes are, other than Bourbon and motorcycles, not affected anyway.

Maybe to just confuse you a bit further, I'll throw another bike in the ring:
LAST Coal
or maybe "just" the Clay.

I tested both in May @ Germany's Finest in Brilon and was impressed. Both handled the uphills very well, with no real difference between them. The Coal felt a bit more plush than the Clay (10mm/20mm less travel front/rear).

Last also offers to rent their bike from Saturday to Tuesday from the shop in Dortmund for 50€, so you can ride them in your known terrain.
I used that to further test the bike and did order (the Clay in the end, as it was enough) when I brought it back to the shop.

To be fair I have to say that I'm a bit one-sided on that matter, as I just tested one other bike and was pretty much settled on getting a Last Clay (if the test ride would satisfy).

Also the guys at Last are really great to chat with and some people I talked with a the festival told me about their really good service.

Maybe to just confuse you a bit further, I'll throw another bike in the ring:
LAST Coal
or maybe "just" the Clay.

I tested both in May @ Germany's Finest in Brilon and was impressed. Both handled the uphills very well, with no real difference between them. The Coal felt a bit more plush than the Clay (10mm/20mm less travel front/rear).

Last also offers to rent their bike from Saturday to Tuesday from the shop in Dortmund for 50€, so you can ride them in your known terrain.
I used that to further test the bike and did order (the Clay in the end, as it was enough) when I brought it back to the shop.

To be fair I have to say that I'm a bit one-sided on that matter, as I just tested one other bike and was pretty much settled on getting a Last Clay (if the test ride would satisfy).

Also the guys at Last are really great to chat with and some people I talked with a the festival told me about their really good service.

Thanks for confusing me! But I'm not confused! I had a look at the Last Coal spec and it sounds interesting. Not sure if I might go for it as I'm fixed on either the Remedy or the Giant Reign.

Thanks for confusing me! But I'm not confused! I had a look at the Last Coal spec and it sounds interesting. Not sure if I might go for it as I'm fixed on either the Remedy or the Giant Reign.

Since the Giant Reign is more of a Racer than an Allrounder, I'd go for the Remedy (or the Last Clay, because I really like the Last brand - very nice people & pretty bikes).

Since the Giant Reign is more of a Racer than an Allrounder, I'd go for the Remedy (or the Last Clay, because I really like the Last brand - very nice people & pretty bikes).

Hmm.... The Clay Flow or the Clay Ride? Both these bikes are of Category 3 as described here:

http://www.last-bikes-shop.com/epages/62262325.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62262325/Products/132

Seems it is not intended for jumps less than 61cm. I don't know what this exactly mean! How does this compare to the trails in Winterberg? For example., if I go on the Flow country trails in Winterberg, would the clay be enough?

Hmm.... The Clay Flow or the Clay Ride? Both these bikes are of Category 3 as described here:

http://www.last-bikes-shop.com/epages/62262325.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62262325/Products/132

Seems it is not intended for jumps less than 61cm. I don't know what this exactly mean! How does this compare to the trails in Winterberg? For example., if I go on the Flow country trails in Winterberg, would the clay be enough?

The Clay has exactly the same main frame as the Coal, their Full Size Enduro . I even happen to know (because I raced against him) that Jörg, the Last CEO, uses the Clay rather than the Coal for Enduro Racing.

So don't worry, you won't break that thing.

The Ride has a slightly better fork and you won't need to fit a dropper post yourself...

I tested the Last Coal in 2016 myself. The Coal is too much for everything except Alpine Enduro Racing though. You'll never ever use that much travel in the Sauerland.

The Clay has exactly the same main frame as the Coal, their Full Size Enduro . I even happen to know (because I raced against him) that Jörg, the Last CEO, uses the Clay rather than the Coal for Enduro Racing.

So don't worry, you won't break that thing.

The Ride has a slightly better fork and you won't need to fit a dropper post yourself...

I tested the Last Coal in 2016 myself. The Coal is too much for everything except Alpine Enduro Racing though. You'll never ever use that much travel in the Sauerland.

Ok, so the Clay Flow is comparable to the Trek Remedy 8 from your opinion? Kind of an all-rounder? But from the price point, I have the feeling that the Trek Remedy has got a bit better components or?

I would definitely order the "Ride", as it is the first setup that makes sense.
As Florent said, it has the better fork and a dropper post.

I ordered my Ride and changed the dropper to the BikeYoke Revive, the Brakes to the "RS" model and the front tire to the MagicMary.
I did this mainly because the test bikes where fitted with these and i didn't want any "surprises".

Ok, so the Clay Flow is comparable to the Trek Remedy 8 from your opinion? Kind of an all-rounder?

If you compare the geometry, I'd say the Clay is even more aggressive: The Reach is comparable, but the Clay has a flatter steering angle, shorter chainstays and a lower bottom bracket.

The Remedy is more of an "all day out" all mountain bike, I'd say. The Clay is a shorter travel "shred machine". The rear end of the Coal produces a lot of "pop", that let's you send off every little pebble. I guess the clay is no different.

For the components: There's no big difference in my opinion. Except the Remedy has a (not very good) dropper post at 3k, whereas the Clay doesn't. Both have comparable forks, both have similar rear shocks, both have GX eagle. The Lyrik in the Remedy is stiffer than the Not-quite-Pike in the Clay, but since you're not a heavyweight...who cares?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
If I could get the Trek Remedy 8 2018 at a discount, I will go for it as a first option. It certainly depends on the availability of it in size 19.5.

So if Trek Remedy 8 does not work out because of "Out Of Stock" reasons, my original idea was to look for a Giant Reign 1.5 LTD. But after reading through your suggestions, I will look into Last Clay Ride model. The only drawback being that it is out of my max. budget of 3000 Euros. But nevertheless, I could do a test drive of the Clay in the next weeks.

The Reign is indeed a Racing Machine. Long, slack, fast at High Speed, not very versatile.

I don't think this would suit you, since you're looking for a fun trailbike with a bit of squish rather than a purebread racer.

Am I right?

The Reign is indeed a Racing Machine. Long, slack, fast at High Speed, not very versatile.

I don't think this would suit you, since you're looking for a fun trailbike with a bit of squish rather than a purebread racer.

Am I right?

Yes, you are correct! I don't want to get into Enduro racing for sure. I want to have some fun riding at the trails.

So yes, now we are nailing it down to the appropriate bike I feel. So I will leave the Giant Reign out of my list! But still I'm sticking to the Trek Remedy 8 as my first option. If the Clay or Coal can match the price of the Trek Remedy 8, I would probably take it after a short test drive of course.

Ich habe mich für das Remedy 8 2018 Entschieden und habe auch das Fahrrad jetzt gekauft! Vielen dank an alle Beteilligten die mir geholfen haben um meine Entscheidung zu treffen!

Schon im erste Woche eine Unfall gehabt und habe meine Zehenfinger Verletzt!

Ich merke dass meine Fahrrad jetzt eine komische geräusche macht und diese geräusche merke ich nur wenn ich Schnell fahre! Hat jemand eine Hinweis was ich in der Stelle machen kann?

@Joesan First of all: We want to see a picture of your bike! Ancient tradition in this forum ;)

You hurt your toe? Or your finger? Google seems to have misinterpreted that:D

Unfortunately I'm not gifted with universal knowledge, so you have to get more specific to where the strange noise comes from: Is it the chain? Maybe the tires? Or ist the fork klunking? We don't know, man!

@Joesan First of all: We want to see a picture of your bike! Ancient tradition in this forum ;)

You hurt your toe? Or your finger? Google seems to have misinterpreted that:D

Unfortunately I'm not gifted with universal knowledge, so you have to get more specific to where the strange noise comes from: Is it the chain? Maybe the tires? Or ist the fork klunking? We don't know, man!

I injured my toe finger and have 2 minute fractures. I'm recovering now!

I even do not know what to do with this strange sound. I tried to listen for the sound which happens only if I ride fast. It sounds like metal rubbing against metal. Should I take it to some shop to check where the sound comes from? I have no options in this case. My knowledge is also limited to guess what might cause this sound.

I will soon post some pictures of the bike!

Zurück
Oben Unten