Cotic Rocket Fully mit Hauptrahmen aus Stahl

@scylla

Keine Abfahrtskontrolle vor Fahrtantritt gemacht, was? ;) In der Tat sind die Schrauben nicht gesichert, ist mir nach den ersten Ausfahrten auch aufgefallen. Loctite dran, hält seither. Hat mich jetzt nicht soo sehr gestört, ist halt ein eigenwilliger Brite. Passiert aber auch bei Amis und Kanadiern :) Cy nimmt aber sicher gern Verbesserungsvorschläge entgegen.

@scylla

Keine Abfahrtskontrolle vor Fahrtantritt gemacht, was? ;)

Doch, jeden Tag und auch heute morgen noch. Da war sie noch fest. Ich hab nur leider verpeilt, zu Hause alles mal raus zu schrauben und mit Schraubensicherung reinzukleben :rolleyes:

Mich stört sowas schon irgendwie. So ein wenig Schraubensicherung wäre ja schnell drangemacht, genauso schnell wie Fett. Ich schreib mal einen kleinen Verbesserungsvorschlag nach England ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Lord Shadow wird's freuen ;)

Cotic Newsletter für alle, die selbigen nicht abonniert haben:

The time has come! I can finally reveal why we had to go all quiet on the Rocket for these last few months: Today we are announcing the from now on all Cotic full suspension frame production is happening in the UK, built at a new production facility I have co-founded. This factory is Bicycle Manufacturing Limited, or BML for short. Does what it says on the tin!
About 2 years ago I met Mike McDermid, who is my partner in BML and the manufacturing brains of the operation. We began working on this project after it became clear to Mike that using the latest automated techniques and equipment combined with high skilled hand made production, it would be possible to be competitive on price with Far Eastern supply on high end products with a flexible, high quality UK operation. Mike's experience with all areas of manufacturing are extensive, right up to designing carbon composites for F1 and Le Mans cars, (Williams F1, Wirth Research, Red Bull Racing) as well as some of the top names in the Aerospace and bike industry.

As you know, Cotic - like just about every bike brand in the world - sources frames and parts from the Far East. Some of the reason for this is price, but in most cases it's also to do with expertise. The Taiwanese and Chinese have factories and companies that just build bikes. Not aircraft, or car parts, or motorcycle frames as well, just bikes. They have expertise and make it very easy to source parts. They're very good at what they do. When we figured out that, if done carefully and correctly, we could be competitive on price for mid-to-high end products using the processes Mike had in mind, we were suddenly in a situation where the price was good and cutting edge manufacturing and material expertise was in the UK. So, all things being equal, I decided I would prefer to make some models in the UK. The pricing is similar, but the flexibility of production and the speed of development for new product tips the balance in BML's favour.

I realise that quite a few of you have been waiting a long time for Rockets, and we have been fairly evasive on the subject up to now. I can only apologise for that. I really hope you understand that whilst we were completely committed to success with BML all last year, until we got to this point - having pre-production frames in build - we couldn't be sure when we would be ready. We didn't want to put more pressure on the build up of the factory by putting some arbitrary production date on it. For those of you who have been patient with us; thank you so much. For those that decided to buy something else; I totally understand and would probably have done the same in your shoes!

We're very close to completing the first pre-production UK made Rocket frames, so look out for more on this in a couple of weeks. And before you ask, they are 26" wheel!! Once they've been finished there will be a brief lab testing and sign off period to dot i's and cross t's on the UK construction methods and we're aiming to be in build in early March.

If you want to see the full press release and some pictures of our production kit, head over to the Bicycle Manufacturing webpage to have a look.

I'm so excited about this project; the possibilities, the potential for new and interesting products, learning to weld myself! So much to look forward to. Welcome to our latest adventure!

Cheers,

Cy

Also ich finde ja besonders das hier spannend:

"Mike's experience with all areas of manufacturing are extensive, right up to designing carbon composites for F1 and Le Mans cars, (Williams F1, Wirth Research, Red Bull Racing) as well as some of the top names in the Aerospace and bike industry."

So ein Plastik-Rocket, das man sich auch in den Alpen mal einen halben Tag lang auf den Rucksack schmeißen kann, ohne darunter zusammen zu brechen, fände ich schon sehr entzückend :D

Jetzt müssen nur noch endlich die lange angekündigten neuen Fullys kommen. :D

Das dauert sicher noch. Ich habe Cotic im Dezember diesbezüglich mal angeschrieben:
We are working on lots of different suspension frames at the moment but I cannot release any more details about them yet.
The frames are still in development and won't be on sale until we are happy with them. Hopefully there will be some announcements in the new year.

The time has come! I can finally reveal why we had to go all quiet on the Rocket for these last few months: Today we are announcing the from now on all Cotic full suspension frame production is happening in the UK, built at a new production facility I have co-founded. This factory is Bicycle Manufacturing Limited, or BML for short. Does what it says on the tin!

About 2 years ago I met Mike McDermid, who is my partner in BML and the manufacturing brains of the operation. We began working on this project after it became clear to Mike that using the latest automated techniques and equipment combined with high skilled hand made production, it would be possible to be competitive on price with Far Eastern supply on high end products with a flexible, high quality UK operation. Mike's experience with all areas of manufacturing are extensive, right up to designing carbon composites for F1 and Le Mans cars, (Williams F1, Wirth Research, Red Bull Racing) as well as some of the top names in the Aerospace and bike industry.
As you know, Cotic - like just about every bike brand in the world - sources frames and parts from the Far East. Some of the reason for this is price, but in most cases it's also to do with expertise. The Taiwanese and Chinese have factories and companies that just build bikes. Not aircraft, or car parts, or motorcycle frames as well, just bikes. They have expertise and make it very easy to source parts. They're very good at what they do. When we figured out that, if done carefully and correctly, we could be competitive on price for mid-to-high end products using the processes Mike had in mind, we were suddenly in a situation where the price was good and cutting edge manufacturing and material expertise was in the UK. So, all things being equal, I decided I would prefer to make some models in the UK. The pricing is similar, but the flexibility of production and the speed of development for new product tips the balance in BML's favour.

I realise that quite a few of you have been waiting a long time for Rockets, and we have been fairly evasive on the subject up to now. I can only apologise for that. I really hope you understand that whilst we were completely committed to success with BML all last year, until we got to this point - having pre-production frames in build - we couldn't be sure when we would be ready. We didn't want to put more pressure on the build up of the factory by putting some arbitrary production date on it. For those of you who have been patient with us; thank you so much. For those that decided to buy something else; I totally understand and would probably have done the same in your shoes!

We're very close to completing the first pre-production UK made Rocket frames, so look out for more on this in a couple of weeks. And before you ask, they are 26" wheel!! Once they've been finished there will be a brief lab testing and sign off period to dot i's and cross t's on the UK construction methods and we're aiming to be in build in early March.

If you want to see the full press release and some pictures of our production kit, head over to the Bicycle Manufacturing webpage to have a look.

I'm so excited about this project; the possibilities, the potential for new and interesting products, learning to weld myself! So much to look forward to. Welcome to our latest adventure!

Es gibt wieder Raketen, Made in UK :daumen:

Newsletter:

"Now we've told everyone about our new UK frame factory, we can also open up the Rocket orders for the first batch of UK made frames.
Here's all the relevant information:

• The initial batch of 50 frames will be available in mid-March, in orange or green.
  • Shock options are Fox Evo CTD or Cane Creek DB Air Climb Switch, or no shock at all
  • Sizes are the standard small, medium and large
  • Wheel is still 26" !!
  • Complete bikes with full XT/Pike/Flow EX/Hope build will be available
Prices are as follows:
  • Frame no shock - £1,099
  • Frame + Fox Evo CTD - £1,350
  • Frame + DB Air CS - £1,599
  • Complete Bike + Fox Evo CTD - £3,200
  • Complete Bike + DB Air CS - £3,549
We've changed the shock options compared to last year for a number of reasons. Firstly, we've been very disappointed with the performance of the Kashima level Fox CTD shocks, so we weren't happy specifying these on the bikes. The Evo CTD works great, I suspect as a result of having fewer bells and whistles, and it certainly benefits from not having the Boost Valve in my experience.

We loved the BOS shocks, but the distributor pulled out and the customer support ended up not just bad, but borderline non-existent. I was caught out by this by having to have a shock serviced at BOS because they'd not sent the tools to the importer and ended up waiting 2 months for it to come back because they shut for August and were 'a bit busy' beforehand. I wasn't happy to carry on selling their product on that basis. It's important to me that you guys can rely on what we sell you, even if it comes from someone else. With Jungle now looking after the brand hopefully people who bought BOS from us will be looked after in future.

And so to Cane Creek. We've been working with them since talking at Eurobike last year and I've had a test shock for a few months. We have a base set up which I've worked on and we're getting our own firm tune on the Climb Switch. It's an incredible shock for DH performance, but it is a fair bit heavier than the Fox and even the firm Climb Switch isn't a lockout as you'd expect from another brand of shock. This means that it's more of a decision about what kind of riding you're planning on doing when it comes to the shock choice, but you won't be disappointed with either option.
To reserve your UK made Rocket frame, there's no deposit needed, just head over to our Rocket order page and get your name down.

And once you've done that, watch Rocketman and dream of how ace riding your Rocket will be.....

Cotic Bikes Presents - "What would Rocketman ride?"

EXCITING!!!

Cheers,

Cy"

Oh ha, die 50 werden schnell weg sein, davon haben Cy und Paul bestimmt schon mehr als die Hälfte auf Nachlieferung. Wer braucht noch ein Rocket? Bitte schnell bei uns reservieren.

das könnte hierher passen....
rocket 29 (prototype)

cotic-rocket-29er.jpg

gruss accu

waldrennrad triffts genau..
das hier sollte den proto in action zeigen...(auch wenn bilder des rades vermieden wurden...)
beeindruckend..

gruss accu

Bääämmm... geilo :D Ich bin jetzt bereits begeistert von meinem Rocket... und auch meinem Solaris. Eine Kombination aus beidem muss dann ja der Oberhammer sein! Ich fange schonmal an, Geld zurück zu legen.

@scylla
Mountainbiken ist halt nicht nur Stolpern und Bergauftragen ;) - ich kenne viele (mich eingeschlossen), die schnelle Fahrten auf Trails bevorzugen - egal, ob flowig oder verblockt :)

Im Ernst: bei 192cm Körperlänge paßt 29" für mich echt gut. Und: ich persönlich kann es mit einem Range Extender vergleichen - mit gleichem (Kraft-)Einsatz fahre ich einfach mehr Trail-km. Den Effekt habe ich auf den letzten 1.000km mit dem Solaris erfahren können. Finde ich persönlich gut :D

@dangerous....bis zum Herbst kannst du da noch in Ruhe das Geld zur Seite legen :) Mitte / Ende Juni sollen (Stand diese Woche :) die 26" Rocket Rahmen nun endlich kommen, danach machen sie sich an die 29" Version.

Bääämmm... geilo :D Ich bin jetzt bereits begeistert von meinem Rocket... und auch meinem Solaris. Eine Kombination aus beidem muss dann ja der Oberhammer sein! Ich fange schonmal an, Geld zurück zu legen.

@scylla
Mountainbiken ist halt nicht nur Stolpern und Bergauftragen ;) - ich kenne viele (mich eingeschlossen), die schnelle Fahrten auf Trails bevorzugen - egal, ob flowig oder verblockt :)

Im Ernst: bei 192cm Körperlänge paßt 29" für mich echt gut. Und: ich persönlich kann es mit einem Range Extender vergleichen - mit gleichem (Kraft-)Einsatz fahre ich einfach mehr Trail-km. Den Effekt habe ich auf den letzten 1.000km mit dem Solaris erfahren können. Finde ich persönlich gut :D

Sers,

ich mag die großen Räder nicht, aber das hat rein optische Gründe. Denke aber, dass bei deiner Körpergröße der Rahmen ( XL ?) nicht soo schlecht ausschaut. Das da oben ^^ auf dem Bild wirkt zumindest gar nicht so übel.
Dass die Bude gut rollt und das Tempo auch hält, glaub ich allerdings gern.
Bin mal auf die "endgültigen" Bikes hier gespannt.

Gruß

29er Fully mit Stahl(haupt)rahmen und geraden Rohren? Shut up and take my money!!! :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten