Fraudulent advertisement and seller

Hello,

I have problems with seller Levoreen, from which i have bought bike last autumn.
https://bikemarkt.mtb-news.de/en/user/449215He sold me cracked frame.
Its Yeti SB150.
He said that everything is OK, works fine and that the color of the frame is changed bacause he wanted black bike.
He also said that the he bought the bike from his friend, that works at German Yety distributor.

This winter i wanted to make new paintjob, so i started peeling of protective stickers.
Everything was fine.
But when I started to remove "new" color with acetone from rear triangle, original color appears.
And on one spot was the original color sanded away and there is a crack.
It was completly cover by thick layer of color and by protective sticker on this spot.
Serial numbers from rear triangle and from frame are gone, of course.
Is there any chance how to deal with the seller after 3 months?
He doesn't reply well to me.

Regards
Eda

Anhänge

• IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    234,7 KB · Aufrufe: 147
If he doesn't respond, you will have to seek legal advice by a lawyer.
Make sure you have copies of your communication to proove what Information you were given.

i assume you might have problems to proove that the frame was already cracked when you received it. he could argue that the crack occured when you used the bike.

what i´m not sure about:
  • the spot with the issue is in the area i marked in yellow?
  • the inner shape looks not necessarily like a crack, such structure might occur by production
  • for me it looks like somebody took a saw and cut off a part of the tube

am i right?

1611747265440.png

i assume you might have problems to proove that the frame was already cracked when you received it. he could argue that the crack occured when you used the bike.

what i´m not sure about:
  • the spot with the issue is in the area i marked in yellow?
  • the inner shape looks not necessarily like a crack, such structure might occur by production
  • for me it looks like somebody took a saw and cut off a part of the tube

am i right?

Anhang anzeigen 1195689
This is the main problem. That he says, the bike was ok.
But after I started removing bad quality black painting from the frame, original color was under it.
And only place with removed original color is on the picture above. It was sanded with some grinder.
The crack location is on the picture below and when I press it, I can hear how the layers of carbon fiber are moving against each other.
Its aproximately 4cm long.
And the crack wasn't visible on the painting.
Also he told me, that he made the black paint job with his friend.

Anhänge

• yeti.jpeg
    yeti.jpeg
    100,6 KB · Aufrufe: 105
Without a lawyer, you are lost. Good luck trying to sue the seller. Maybe the crack was there from new, and it was fixed in a bad way in the shop who sold it first time? Who knows?
(I once had a brand new aluminum frame, that had a big dent filled up and painted UNDER the decals).

As the seller has only good reviews, maybe he will give you some money back.

If I was the seller, and the transaction is finished with a positive review, and it is 3 months ago, I would just ignore the claims you make, because naturally I would be sure that there never was any fault with this frame.

These kind of cracks do occur when you do a really big drop and the landing is harsh bottomed out.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ok, so far understood. But still it looks like somebody cut the tube. Otherwise we would not see the inside of the frame as in your first attachment. Did you cut the frame or was it the seller who covered it with stickers and paint?

In the end it will be impossible for you to prove that the frame was already damaged when it arrived. After 3 months, frankly speaking, it's a bit late to complain

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I normally dont do things like this. But this is little bit disappointment for me.
When we comunicate with the seller, everything was ok.
But he wrote me, that the serial numbers are not already on the frame due to new paintjob.
Maybe this should be a hint for me, that something is not ok.
I wanted to do new paintjob during the winter time, so I started to do it now.
I have no reason to do this right after I byu the bike.
And it is quite suspicious, that the crack is in the only place on rear triangle, where was original color sanded away with some grinder.
Maybe they pressed too hard on the grinder and weakened the wall.
Because you can layers of carbon fiber on the picture I posted.
But he should write me that also.
So this will be big lesson for me :)
Luckily, carbon fiber is relatively easy to repair.

Good luck for the repair. Book the cost therefor under "lessons learned". and savw time and money for a lawyer which would end up in nirvana as the proof will not be able as mentioned

Zurück
Oben Unten