Mallorca & MTB - GPS-Tracks?

Servus...!

..ich plane gerade meinen Frühlings-Trainings-Urlaub auf Mallorca. Hauptsächlich werde ich dort mit'm Rennrad unterwegs sein. Zur Abwechslung möchte ich aber auch ein paar Touren mit dem Bike machen, kenn mich aber offroad dort noch überhaupt nicht aus.
Hat vielleicht irgendjemand gute Tips, Trailbeschreibungen, Links oder sogar GPS-Tracks?
Wir sind in Can Picafort - also im Nord-Osten - untergebracht und nur eingeschränkt mobil. Die Streckenauswahl sollte nicht all zu technisch sein, da die meisten von uns (noch) keine grossen Biker sind - also keine Harakiri-DH-Trails..!

Wär echt super, wenn ihr mir Tips geben könnt - in vier Wochen geht's los...!

Viele Grüsse und Danke schon mal...!
Tom

Servus hecksel..!

jop - da war ich auch schon und genau die Tour hab ich mir schon geladen. Allerdings ist das die einzige, die ich bisher gefunden habe und auch in Frage kommt. Sonst ist wohl nix zu finden.
Danke noch fuer den Tip zu dem Buch. Demnaechst kommt noch ein Buch raus - hab ich bei Amazon gelesen - 19 Touren mit Roadbock, etc.
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...00026-1510932?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

We are going to Mallorca in mid april and we want to bike (MTB) there as much as possible. We like single trails very much and we avoid crowded and paved roads as much as possible. Most commonly we make tours with around 1300 m of altitude difference and about 35 km, we bike all year round, biking in snow conditions and making night tours is our latest challange). We planned to buy the book with 19 tours that parabacus mentioned, but it will not be published on time (for us).

Therefore we are looking for your experiences, for information about nice trails and for all additional useful information we can get (for example also where there can be conflicts with property owners or with hikers...)

Which are the places that are worth to be visited (biked)?

greeting, Denis

ps. I understand German good enough, but I am not good in writing in German, that's why I wrote in English

We are going to Mallorca in mid april and we want to bike (MTB) there as much as possible. We like single trails very much and we avoid crowded and paved roads as much as possible. Most commonly we make tours with around 1300 m of altitude difference and about 35 km, we bike all year round, biking in snow conditions and making night tours is our latest challange). We planned to buy the book with 19 tours that parabacus mentioned, but it will not be published on time (for us).

Therefore we are looking for your experiences, for information about nice trails and for all additional useful information we can get (for example also where there can be conflicts with property owners or with hikers...)

Which are the places that are worth to be visited (biked)?

greeting, Denis

ps. I understand German good enough, but I am not good in writing in German, that's why I wrote in English

Hi Denis !
Then get the other Book - "Meagtours Mallorca" by Michael Nies. You can get via Amazon or directly by www.vamos24.de
I biked the trails around Alaró, Bunyola and from Santa Maria to Orient (which includes some parts where you have to carry your bike. Have a look here:
http://www.frosthelm.de/content/trails_anderswo/mallorca
The forest of Bunyola is great ! But also the area around Arta / Bethlem !

SFA, thank you for information you gave me, the "helmet cam" movies are very interesing and they give me very good impression of trails on Mallorca, esspecially the lower part of orient looks very nice and Bunyola as well.
Is it worth to buy the the other Book - "Meagtours Mallorca"?
Do you have GPS tracks of tours you did?

Are there also forbidden trails for bikers on Mallorca? Whats the relation between "Gatter" owners and bikers on Mallorca?

Denis

SFA, thank you for information you gave me, the "helmet cam" movies are very interesing and they give me very good impression of trails on Mallorca, esspecially the lower part of orient looks very nice and Bunyola as well.
Is it worth to buy the the other Book - "Meagtours Mallorca"?
Do you have GPS tracks of tours you did?

Are there also forbidden trails for bikers on Mallorca? Whats the relation between "Gatter" owners and bikers on Mallorca?

Denis
The trail down to Orient is a very tricky one in the upper section, sometimes trial-like ! Bunyola is soooo much fun to ride ! Some parts are quite fast some are more technical !
Go and buy the book. You can't do wrong by getting it for 10 Euros ! A lot of the space of Mallorca is private property but, for example the area around the Castell D' Alaró, which is private property by Lorenzo and his wife is no problem to ride at. As long as a Gatter can be opened, mostly everything is alright. Leave the gates as you have found them - if the are open, leave it open, if it's cosed, keep it cosed after passing. If there is a REAL private ground which has to be kept private by the owners, the put on signs or tell you thta they don't want bikers to cross. Or they simply ask for money.... Mostly, if you are friendly and simply ask to pass, nothing really happens ! That's my experience in 8 years of mountainbiking at Mallorca !

Thank you again for information, we'll be polite and take about gates as you propose (and in fact as we usually do). I will report when we come back.

Denis

ps. we are not afraid of tricky trails, if it is too tricky, we go walking

we are back now :)

In the beginning we had a lot of rain there :D , but after rain there was nice weather and then we really enjoyed our time there.

At home (before departure) we downloaded some tracks from
http://www.gps-tour.info/tours/view...orderby.`trackrank`/country.Spanien/federal./ and we bought a good map of Mallorca. In general, I can say that there are many very nice trains for MTB in Tramuntana region and we really had a lot of fun.

We were situated in Alcudia and we rented Berlingo cars, so we could easily go with cars to good starting positions. For an impression about MTB trais we found, let see our fotostory
http://tabla.mtb.si/gallery/Mallorca2007?page=1

Denis

ps. I'm sorry, the story is written in our language, but anyway, I'm sure you'll get the impression of our event from pictures themselves.

Zurück
Oben Unten