New biker needs help!

Hi all, my name is Giovanmaria and I am just moved in Duesseldorf.
I would like to know if someone is so nice to suggest some place around Duesseldorf (doesn't matter the distance as i can move by car) where riding by mountainbike. I do prefer xc if it possible.
I apologise for writing in English but my German is still not good.
Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Have a nice day

Hi!

Du könntest die Ilvericher Altrheinschlinge mal erkunden. Ist kein großes Gebiet und auch teilweise geschützt, aber wunderschön.

You could explore the Ilvericher Altrheinschlinge. The area is not very large and partly wildlife protected, but it is very beautiful.

Hi Giovanmaria,

Wuppertal is a very good place for all kinds of MTBing.
My suggestion: Drive with your car to Rutenbecker Weg, Wuppertal (google Maps).
Drive to the end of the street (dead end). Then you can bike on the bikeway for a short time. You can turn left (under the street) and you are in "Burgholz". Great for XC and more, much highmeters!
Or you turn right over the river "Wupper" and there is a great area for biking too. Not so big as Burgholz but excellent trails!

Ciao
Stefan

Cheers giovanmaria!
I dont know about XC riding, but the area around Kettwig/Ratingen/Hösel is very nice for some riding. There are some sweet up and downhills and singletrails as well.

Maybe check Cammerzell essen-kettwig via maps.google.
There is a parkinglot and some uphills fore shure ;)

Ride on

Hi guys! Thanks a lot for all suggestions, i will try to ride this weekend! One more info, are the tracks easy to find or are they marked? I am just scared to lose the way! :)
Anyway thanks again, hope to find someone of you riding over there!
Have lots of funny riding!

Inviato dal mio MT
27i con Tapatalk 2

Ciao Giovanmaria,

if you ride in my suggested area it's not so difficult to find back.
You can see it on maps...in the valley you come back to Wupper and the bikeway. And the bikeway is the direct way back to your car.
Only the area on the left (Cronenberg Burgholz) is a little confused at the first ride...but there are always hiker and biker there to ask.
It's one of my favourite biking areas, there you can find many easy forest paths and some tricky trails for Enduro/DH. The range is from ~120m to 300m.

Many greetings
Stefan

Ciao!
I have been yesterday morning at burgholz and it is really great place! I guess it will be my favourite place for next weekends! Thanks again Stefan!

Inviato dal mio MT27i con Tapatalk 2

Ciao!
I have been yesterday morning at burgholz and it is really great place! I guess it will be my favourite place for next weekends! Thanks again Stefan!

Ciao Giovanmaria,

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the tour. This valley near to the Wupper is very long and you will discover many trails.

We can make a tour together if you want...to look for the hidden trails;).
When you are interested you can contact me per PM or Mail.

Ciao
Stefan

Yes, that sounds great! I'm thinking about the weekend or next 3rd October that's bank holiday. Write you email then.
OT. I'm thinking about getting a gps to track the rides but I'm not sure if it really worths.

...are the tracks easy to find or are they marked?...

There are no special bike tracks (singletrails) marked, but mostly all hiking tracks have some marks on the trees.

I'm thinking about getting a gps to track the rides but I'm not sure if it really worths.

in fact of the big amount of trails and tracks in our region its a big help to use a gps. you can download basecamp / mapsource from garmin and install on your computer and get the openmtb-maps (all for free) to get an idea how many tracks are between wuppertal and solingen.

Zurück
Oben Unten