Ritchey Cross V Kurbeln...

Hallo Forum,

Does any of you use the Ritchey Cross V crankset? Can somebody comment on it's quality? Also, what's the difference between the PRO and the WCS version (apart from black vs. polished finish)?

Thanks in advance,
Timo

Original geschrieben von TimoWr
Hallo Forum,

Does any of you use the Ritchey Cross V crankset? Can somebody comment on it's quality? Also, what's the difference between the PRO and the WCS version (apart from black vs. polished finish)?

Thanks in advance,
Timo

Hi Timo,

I bought the WCS Cross V-Crank for my Surly Cross Check half a year ago and killed the crank within a couple of weeks – without riding extraordinarily rude. (My weight probably isn't the reason for the hassle I had either, because it's roundabout 70 kilograms the crank has to cope with.)

I had the crankset mounted on an Ultegra Octalink bottom bracket (BB-6500), and it went loose every couple of kilometers – despite of the fact I used steel bolts instead of the ultra-lightweight aluminum bolts that came with the crank. Especially the left crank came loose very quickly even during pedaling on-road at a steady pace.

After a couple of months (and after trying to find out what was wrong for a while because there was no wear or damage visible; replacing the bottom bracket didn't help either) I returned the crankset to my dealer who sent it back to Cosmic Sports, the German distributor he had got it from. They replaced the crank within a week, and I have recently mounted it to give it a second chance. Up to now, this time it seems to work – at least it survived a 70 kilometer cross ride without coming loose yesterday...

Apart from the colour and apparently the material of the chainrings, the only difference between the WCS and the Pro version seems to be that the WCS version is available in Germany and the Pro is not.

If I had to choose a crankset right now, I wouldn't buy this one again but get a FSA, Stronglight or whatever.

Hope this helps,
Snapcase

Zurück
Oben Unten