Shock mount...

Hi there, i finally got my frame and begon to build it up. But i've got a question about the shock mount. I see a lot of people run the shock in the most high position, but when i do that the little tube (how do i call it ;)) will hit the seattube, so i can only run in the 2nd position of below...

Here a picture to clear it out:

pbpic4124840.jpg

I want to run with 200mm of travel, is this the correct setting?

The shock looks a little bit to long for that frame, how long is it? 240mm?

You can move the shock-mount at the front a little bit. After that you should be able to mount the shock in the highest position.

The shock looks a little bit to long for that frame, how long is it? 240mm?

You can move the shock-mount at the front a little bit. After that you should be able to mount the shock in the highest position.

it's an 222mm shock with an manitou spring. That's why it looks so big :)

but the rear triangle is as far back as it can be, so it has 200mm travel right? Or am i wrong here :)

this frame is a bit different than my last nicolai :)

I think too, if you would like to use the full shockway you must set the front-shock-mount on the top-tube one hole forward.

If you´ve done this you must look if the the rear tire hit the seat-tube.

When i look in the catalogue from 2008, the frame has the front shock mount in the same hole's as mine, but still has the rear shock mount in the highest possible.... How come?

I already mailed nicolai about this :)

The shock can only be mounted in the upmost lever position at a 2009 or later Helius ST. For older models this position is restricted, as it will leed to impacts and frame damages.

Please measure your shock. It's probably designated as 222 mm but is actually longer. Excluding that and excluding your frame is a tailored one, the fore shock mount cand moved and mounted one position further to the front. That will give clearance to the tube between the levers.

But check new setup for impacts before riding.

Regards, Falco

Zurück
Oben Unten