Verkaufe 1990 Alpinestars Xross DX

Apologies for the English as usual - no-one wants to try and read my German!! I bought this last summer but since then it's sat unused at work. I've decided to try and stick to my plans to thin the herd this year so will try and move it on. Early gravel bike blah blah blah, but these are pretty rare, especially in this condition I would think. The actual top tube length is 21.25", c-c, giving an effective tt of about 21.5". The seat tube is 16", again measured c-c. It really doesn't want for much; the headset is a little discoloured and it's missing the bottle cage bolts but it really is in excellent condition for its age. The bar tape is more modern and I would change this if I was keeping it. The frame does have the odd scuff and chip to the paintwork but all very minimal. It could use a good polish and a once over to set up the brakes properly and adjust the gears but it's otherwise ready to ride. I'm guessing the rear brake was swapped for the low pro XT for improved heel clearance. The stem differs from the catalogue image but is an improvement, in my opinion. I bought a nice pair of 700C Ritchey Megabites to fit but life got in the way and I never got around to doing it. They need a clean but are in great, barely used condition and will be included, along with the modern WTB Riddlers that are currently fitted. I'm asking £420 GBP plus shipping for this. Seems like a lot of money I guess, but try finding another! With what I paid for the bike, the Ritchey tyres and the cost of postage I'll actually be making a loss.

Frame/fork: Cromoly with butted main tubes
Headset: YST
Stem: Alpinestars with cable roller
Bar: Alpinecross OEM
Shifters: Shimano bar end shifters
Levers: Shimano 600
F/brake: Deore MT62
R/brake: XT M734 low profile
Seatpost: Super Light OEM
Saddle: Alpinestars Turbo style
Bottom bracket: Cup and cone type
Chainset: Deore MT62 with Shimano rings (Biopace outer)
Pedals: Wellgo
F/mech: Deore DX bottom pull
R/mech: Deore DX
Cassette: DX Hyperglide 7 speed
Hubs: Deore LX
Rims: Araya 700c
Tyres: WTB Riddler 700x37C (fitted) PLUS pair of Ritchey Megabite 700x38C

IMG_3483.jpg
IMG_3482.jpg
IMG_3481.jpg
IMG_3480.jpg
IMG_3479.jpg
IMG_3478.jpg
IMG_3477.jpg
IMG_3476.jpg
IMG_3475.jpg
IMG_3474.jpg

I didn´t even know this existed. 21,25" (about 54cm) sounds reasonable for a drop bar in comparison to currently en vogue conversions, no?

Zurück
Oben Unten