Carbon wheelset recommendations

I have bought an Acros Endurance Race wheelset through bikester.dk/fahrrad.de/Stuttgart Internetstores GmbH something-something, but the rear hub failed after 2 hours. Luckily it was a local trail. It only took me an hour to walk out of the forrest.
But bikester.dk/fahrrad.de helpdesk is absolutely worthless (slow and they don't know the term customer service). They have had more quality time with my wheelset than I have, so I have given them a deadline for this friday for them to get my rear wheel back to me.

They're probably not going to be able to meet that deadline and that is where you come in. Friday I will return the front wheel and get a full refund and then I will need a new carbon wheelset.

Price point around 1.200€ (including VAT and import duties which in Denmark will be around 30% if it's from outside EU). :(
29ers
Internal width 29-33mm.
POE 36 or more.
Rated for Trail or All-Mountain is fine.
TA 15x100 and 12x142.
Ride quality: Firm is OK but not harsh like Enve or others. I hate roots and need a little flex in the wheelset. One of the reasons I chose the Acros wheelset was a review on the internet where they used the word ”unauffällig”. I like that. And for the 2 hours they lasted they were fantastic.

Mavic XA Elite Carbon fits the bill, but I can absolutely not find any reviews. Are there any who have experience with these wheels? I can find reviews on Mavic XA Pro Carbon but they're only 26mm.

r2-bike.com have some 30mm carbon rims you can get laced up to all kinds of hubs but again what is the ride quality? If I sell one of my kidneys they also have an McfK 35mm carbon rim but again what's the ride quality?

Chinese carbon wheelsets? What's the ride quality? I found a review on Mtbr or Pinkbike on some Carbonfan wheels. It went something like: ”I took them out for a spin on my local trails and they performed well. Nice quality!” :-| If the ”reviewer” like Enve wheels and the Carbonfan wheels are just a stiff, they are not for me. Really cheap Chinese carbon wheels are sometimes soft as wet noodles.

So, give me your best shot. Are there any wheelsets out there that fits the bill?

P.S. You can answer in German.

Hi,

There was no play so no setup. The hubs are ultra-smooth. :)

The ratchet system will not engage. This thread reminds me of my problem: https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/acros-nineteen-ed-hr-erfahrungen-mit-dem-ratchet-system.820814/

Bikester.dk/fahrrad.de is handling my claim.

Allan
perhaps the setup was to tight, so the ratched got stuck. A propper setup without play but as well without force applied to the hub internals is very important. So a setup (from play to no play) needs to be done on any first assembly with a new frame (which can cause different preload situations due to different torque recommendations and thread pitch)

Felix

There was of course an instruction of how to perform the setup, but there was no warning that not performing this setup could make the ratchet system fail.

There was of course an instruction of how to perform the setup, but there was no warning that not performing this setup could make the ratchet system fail.

so you don't want a explanation what could been wrong and how could you solve it - you want a new wheelset?
From the standpoint of a wheel builder thats great, but i thought i could help you fixing your wheels.

Felix

Zurück
Oben Unten