uplift in vinschgau/mustair area

hi everyone , planing a week in said area end of may , would like to ride pix umbrail , tibet trail etc around stilfersjoch , are they any lifts open in this area then ? thank you

Hi
End of may will certainly be too early for these trails!
For shuttles contact ridelaval trailschool or vinschgaubike...

i wanted to ride those trails in that area for awhile now ,and am in germany end of may , i suppose ticino might be a better option that time of year ?or where could i go in may that has open lifts ? thanks for ur help

Ticino, Vinschgau, Reschen, Wallis (some spots), Chur area, Domleschg...
Google, Trailforks, trailguide.net, local guides and Shuttles can provide help with planning. Depending on snow, everything above 2000m might not be possible at that time of year.

You can use the Postauto (public transport) for Tibet Trail, Piz Umbrail etc.

There is the regular bus leaving at Sta. Maria around 9 in the morning (please check in advance!). I think the bus is even leaving in Mals (I)?
And one special Bus for Bikers at around 6:30.

Attention: The Goldsee Trail and the Umbrailtrail are close from 9:00 - 16:00 every day. So make sure to take the early bus service if you want to ride those trails.

When bringing a bike you have to book your ride at least one day in advance.
Call: +41 81 856 10 90

I don't remember the exact price, but it was not to exensive.

As @kleinerHai already mentioned: check the snow first at that time, May is quite early. Especially the Piz Umbrail is northside....

Great thanks , am planning on being there end beginning may june , so hopefully snow won’t be too bad . Is there any buses from prad up to Stelvio Pass as lots of trails there I’d like to ride ? Thanks again

Great thanks , am planning on being there end beginning may june , so hopefully snow won’t be too bad . Is there any buses from prad up to Stelvio Pass as lots of trails there I’d like to ride ? Thanks again

As far as I know there is only public transport on the swiss side. In you case that means, you could cycle from Prad via Lichtenberg to Glurns. In Glurns you can also enter the Postauto. It's a nice and flat cycle for about 7km. (There is also a Train from Spondinig to Mals, but if yombody is to lazy for 7k he/she probalby shouldn't plan a trip in high alpine regions).

Btw: If your not only after downhill:
Starting at Passo Umbrail one can ride down some trails to Lago di Cancano and Lago di San Giacomo. From there you can follow the Val Mora (beautiful Uphill Trail) and all the way down to Sta. Maria. From Sta. Maria there is a nice cycling path back to Prad (sligtly down, mostly flat. After Sta. Maria only few Singletrack sections, mostly gravel)

Hey bikeFritzel danke for deine tips , ist piz umbrail/ goldsee und Von stevio runter nach prad fahrbar ins anfang juni ? Schindler danke

Zurück
Oben Unten