Erledigt Wilderness Trail Bikes Bon Tempe 1999 #9

jongustafson

I hate to say it, but I told you so.
SOLD!
Hi there, greetings from Dänemark

Lowered!

I have a gorgeous WTB Bon Tempe 1999 #9 of 12 made with the titanium rear end.

It is for sale for the small amount of 1895 € excl. shipping.

The frame is believed to be manufactured in 1999 or later as the serial make it number 9 out of 12 with the titanium rear end by Steve Potts.

The sale includes:

1. WTB Momentum headset, green and installed as new.
2. WTB 6-bolt stem by Steve Potts, 135 x 1 ⅛" and 15 degree rise. Installed as new.
3. Cunningham made seatpost with a modified first generation Thomson head.
4. WTB SST-98 seat with steel rails, VGC.
5. M953 E-Type front derailleur.
6. M953 rear derailleur, VGC.
7. DKG seatpost clamp, original and VGC.
8. WTB QR, used and not pictured.

The sale does NOT include:

1. Mavic Crossmaxx gen. 2 wheelset.
2. Lawwill Leader 3 linkage fork.
3. Avid Saago Black OPS stem.
4. Avid Ultimate Black OPS levers.
5. Titec Hellbent ti-riser.
6. WTB grips.

If you wish for, we could make a great deal on both wheels and fork and a complete Avid Ultimate Black OPS brakeset.

One of the last frames to be made by WTB before they finally closed, the main beam is an extruded hollow construction made by an aluminium manufacturer in Portland, Oregon and has been welded by Charlie Cunningham. Mated to a beautifully sculpted, suspended URT titanium rear end in full titanium welded by Steve Potts.

The levels of craftsmanship is unparalleled and with with many of the WTB typical detailing showing in the rear triangle makes it a piece of eyecandy.

There is no sun bleached areas or deep scratches nor are there any dents on the main beam or swingarm. No chainsuck, some of the decals may show some ageing and are beginning to slightly peel off. The anodizing on the main beam is still very vibrant and the huge WTB-logo on the side matches splendid together with the front badge. The frame is in a superb condition, it shows minor signs of use, the shock could benefit from an overhaul. All threads are in a superb condition, the bearings in the main beam are very good, a light cleaning of their mountings would do good. The shock does not leak and the spring has been set up for medium hardness. All the shock mounts are good and does not show any play.

The seatpost is an original 38.1 mm. Charlie Cunningham post modified with a first generation Thomson head which is riveted to the tube. There is minor insertion marks and the seatpost has only been gently cleaned as to save the CNC machined marks. The finish is still very much as when it was manufactured back then. The saddle is an original SST-98 in a superb condition, sadly not with the titanium rails. A lovely long WTB Steve Potts stem is also a part of the purchase, it is a 135 x 1 ⅛ inches with a 15 degree rise and in a NOS condition. The headset is a green Momentum which was NIB when installed, the box is included. There is a Shimano M953 E-type top-pull front derailleur and an M953 rear derailleur, both in an excellent condition. Note the front derailleur comes obligatory with the Bon Tempe when set up for a 3x9 drivetrain.

The fork is a Lawwill Leader 3, Mert Lawwill´s third iteration of the famed linkage antidive fork. It suspends perfectly though could benefit from a service. All the original bolts are by. The fork is pictured with some bolts exchanged with ti-bolts, I was in the process of exchanging all bolts with ti-bolts. The fork has some few marks from use but no dents or deep scratches. The fork is advertised separately on eBay too.

The fuselage will be packed and shipped from Copenhagen, Denmark in a sturdy box and accordingly wrapped. Shipping will be in the area of 180 € within the EU with Danish Royal Mail, other services please quote.

I am selling it because it is too big for me, it will fit someone above the 175 cm. I simply did not dare cut the seatpost to the correct lenght or install a different but shorter seatpost, it would lose its magic! I will not split nor will I bargain unless there´s something to bargain for tradewise. I will do paypal friends & family or a partial trade against a: Westpine hubset - must be in a pristine condition.

Or

Chris King 1st. and 2nd gen. hubset in either black or silver 32/32 - must be in a pristine condition.

Or

A Merlin Newsboy 1st. gen. plus eventually money your way.

Or

Klein Attitude/Adroit MC1 fuselage (rigid fork and MC1 bar/stem combo) size XS and in Rainforest.

Or

Ibis Ti-Mojo or steel Mojo (money my way) with Handjob size 15/16 (small)

Or

WTB Phoenix Sz small with the Type II fork and hopefully with a Rollercam brake.

Or

Any Willits Sz small.

Or

Morati cranks, forks, frame set Sz small, bar/stem combo. (If you got this far in the text, you’re brave)
IMG_8588.jpeg
IMG_8589.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8592.jpeg
IMG_8593.jpeg
IMG_8594.jpeg
IMG_8595.jpeg
IMG_8596.jpeg
IMG_8597.jpeg
IMG_8598.jpeg
IMG_8599.jpeg
IMG_8600.jpeg
IMG_8601.jpeg
IMG_8602.jpeg
IMG_8603.jpeg
IMG_8604.jpeg
IMG_8605.jpeg
IMG_8606.jpeg
IMG_8607.jpeg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I´ll put up some pictures of the Avid Ultimate Black OPS later.

And btw, no split up as in not selling seatpost or stem or saddle separately.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten