BBB sintered pads for Magura MT5/MT7?

I cant comment on the Pads for the Magura Brakes but i use BBB Pads in my Hope Brakes since some time(got them in a 4 for the price of one deal)and they perform exactly the same as the sintered Hope Pads and are as durable as they are, i cant comment on heat management or build up particularly for your Brake but it was never an issue with my Brakes.

isn't sintered material non-magnetic? I thought it was sintered bronze, which would be non magnetic. unfortunately i can not test this hypothesis at the moment.

Not sure to be honest. Different manufacturers probably use different metals? I know that i've seen semi metallic pads with copper for example (which is not very magnetic either I think).

Well, just buy the trickstuff power pads.. i love them <3
Thanks for making my brake awesome Mr.Tr!ckstuff !

Yeah I have more faith in Trickstuff for sure. I was looking at BBB because I could buy it locally here in Hungary, and we have this "leasure card" that we get at work and I can pay for bike parts with it. :D

I'd try it if I was you. If you can get them cheap locally it's worth a try. I run metallic pads ONLY in all my Shimano brakes and am happy with it. Though Shimano uses ceramic pistons for it's calipers. SRAM uses plastic pistons and also offers metallic pads. So it works for them obviously

You mean 2 larger pads instead of 4 single pads, right? What's the benefit of either one (2 vs 4 pads)?
durch den einzug drehen sich die beläge bei 2-kolben in laufrichtung der scheibe ein, und haben so am einlauf der scheibe mehr druck als auf der auslaufenden seite. der hauptvorteil von 4-kolben-bremsen ist ja die gleichmäßigere pressung (deswegen üblicherweise auch auf der auslaufseite größere kolben), was zu besserer dosierbarkeit führt. mit 4 einzelbelägen ist dieser vorteil natürlich dahin...

irgendwer hat das hier letztens mit ner hemdsärmeligen paint-zeichnung anschaulich erklärt...

durch den einzug drehen sich die beläge bei 2-kolben in laufrichtung der scheibe ein, und haben so am einlauf der scheibe mehr druck als auf der auslaufenden seite. der hauptvorteil von 4-kolben-bremsen ist ja die gleichmäßigere pressung (deswegen üblicherweise auch auf der auslaufseite größere kolben), was zu besserer dosierbarkeit führt. mit 4 einzelbelägen ist dieser vorteil natürlich dahin...

irgendwer hat das hier letztens mit ner hemdsärmeligen paint-zeichnung anschaulich erklärt...
Aaaales klar. Ich glaub das hab ich so sogar schonmal auf der trickstuff FAQ Seite gelesen. Danke für die Erinnerung!

Aber warum verkauft Magura dann überhaupt einzelne Beläge? Die kennen ihre Bremse doch am besten, würde man denken.

Laufrad ausbauen ist da angesagt nehme ich Mal an. Ist doch bei anderen Bremsen auch Standard, da die Kolben zurückgedrückt werden müssen.
Danke für die Info. Again what learned 8-)

Wenn das Laufrad ausgebaut ist UND die Kolben zurück gedrückt sind lassen sich die BBB Pads für MT5/7 problemlos von unten einsetzen.
Wie alle anderen einteiligen Beläge, die mit Splint gehalten werden.
Lästig zu montieren sind die einteiligen Magura Beläge für die MT5 mit den seitlich auskragenden Haltenasen.

best way to have this is swapping the levers for some shimanos.

i weigh 107 kilos and run red sintered galfer pads on my shigura setup, widely hassle free. next ones will be organic and connected, tho.

Already on a Shigura setup, my brakes came with those long 6 finger levers which are long gone thankfully.

I was looking at Galfer pads as well, I think the red ones are semi metallic tho?

Already on a Shigura setup, my brakes came with those long 6 finger levers which are long gone thankfully.
Which levers are these?
6! Fingers? :confused:
On one hand? :D
I'm using the long levers as one finger levers very much to my satisfaction. Significantly more braking power than the shorter one finger levers and a better modulation with a bit of a softer bite point, though. I tried the short ones and didn't like them.
If at all I would only use sintered pads in wet and grim conditions since resin pads tend to wear down quite quickly espescially when riding in areas with sandy soil.
And since you're on a Shigura Setup already: How much braking power are you looking for?

Which levers are these?
6! Fingers?: confused:
On one hand? : D
I'm using the long levers as one finger levers very much to my satisfaction. Significantly more braking power than the shorter one finger levers and a better modulation with a bit of a softer bite point, though. I tried the short ones and didn't like them.
If at all I would only use sintered pads in wet and grim conditions since resin pads tend to wear down quite quickly, espescially when riding in areas with sandy soil.
And since you're on a Shigura Setup already: How much braking power are you looking for?
I was just joking of course, they were the long levers that came on MT5s. Hated them, and since I run the shifters mounted to the brake levers, I could not reach the shifters properly if I set up the brakes for one finger.

I'm looking for all the power +7.

have you tried throwing a stick in your spokes?

i guess it doesn' get any worse than shigura w/ TS power plus pads, unless your willing to spend and wait for a trickstuff maxima.

My thoughts exactly. +1
I just didn't want to post it, because I very much have the feeling that this guy doesn't really know what he's looking for.
Parachute might also be a valid option.

This guy mentioned already that he is also looking for increased durability, because this guy feels like the stock Magura pads are wearing down pretty quickly, and he is also planning to do a bunch of multi day bikepark and alpine trips this summer. This guy also mentioned that he just wanted to get feedback on sintered pads and that's about it. This guy is also simply interested in trying different pad compounds. We're not talking about the biggest decision of my life here, just brake pad choice.
I appreciate that you're trying to help (or at least I think so) but telling me what I don't need or that I don't know what I want isn't exactly useful/helpful (and I mean no offense).:i2:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Wenn das Laufrad ausgebaut ist UND die Kolben zurück gedrückt sind lassen sich die BBB Pads für MT5/7 problemlos von unten einsetzen.
Wie alle anderen einteiligen Beläge, die mit Splint gehalten werden.
Lästig zu montieren sind die einteiligen Magura Beläge für die MT5 mit den seitlich auskragenden Haltenasen.
Wie bei allen einteiligen Belägen muss zuerst die Außenseite eingesetzt werden und dann die Innenseite.

Hi!

Sorry for posting in English, I figured people on a German forum might have the most experience with Magura stuff. :cool:

I have a pair of Magura MT5s on my Radon Slide Trail, and the stock pads will need to be replaced soon. Out of curiosity I want to try sintered pads next. So far i've seen 3 options for sintered pads: Kool Stop, Sixpack, and BBB.
The BBB pads are available to buy locally. However, when I think of BBB I don't really think of high quality products... (Which might be complete nonsense) But these pads are not cheap at around ~25 EUR (same as Kool Stop).

So my question is, has anyone tried BBB sintered pads? Are they any good?
Hi, I'm using these pads on 2 bikes (Shigura MT7 a MT trail sport) and I'm very satisfied. Pads works great in all condition, brake power is bigger than original 8.p. I have original HC storm rotors. I never knew the difference in temperature. The brake still works the same. I rode the original 8.p, orange trickstuff and bbb. Trckstf are good but I had to put a lot of force on the lever to start braking. With BBB the effect is instant and strong. I definitely recommend trying them.

Zurück
Oben Unten