Trickstuff - Goodridge line shortening / change

Hello colleagues, please excuse the English, but you know how the forum is growing and attracting foreigners, guess its a good thing. I would love to change the title to German so it can help searching in the future - please suggest.

I believe this is the best place to ask for advice regarding Trickstuff brakes.
Currently in the process of moving my Maximas to a new bike. First time moving TS brakes.
I ordered some goodridge 6mm black hose, have the TS bleed kit and some bionol.

My question is about the fittings, especially the ones at the lever. I was not sure how to remove them from the old line, so what I did is:
  • Unscrewed the fitting from the master cylinder.
  • Grabbed the end of the barb/olive fitting with some pliers through a piece of old tube.
  • Used an 8mm to unscrew the barb/olive fitting from the old line.

Of course I ended up with a few very small scratches at the "olive" end of the fitting. Picture attached.
Do you think it could still seal and not leak when reassembled with the new line on the new bike? Or should I not even try and order a new set of fittings (100 EUR)? Any experience?
I am still not sure what the best way to remove the barb fitting from the line is, although TS/Goodridge states they are reusable. Would be great if there was a small allen key opening manufactured into the center hole. Or am I missing something?

Thank you for any input and suggestions.

Anhänge

• TS fitting.jpg
    TS fitting.jpg
    107,1 KB · Aufrufe: 39

Anzeige

Re: Trickstuff - Goodridge line shortening / change
I did try that, but when trying to loosen the sleeve against the barb - the barb fitting would loosen from the master instead. I think it was not installed perfectly originally by the builder.

Do you use two 8mm open-end-wrenches? A single one will not work, as soon as the connection barb/sleeve is thighter than the connection housing/barb.

There is no way to assemble it wrong "originally" ;)

Do you use two 8mm open-end wrenches? A single one will not work, as soon as the connection barb/sleeve is thighter than the connection housing/barb.

There is no way to assemble it wrong "originally";)
You are right. It's so simple, when someone explains it 🍺
It would be enough to keep the barb in place at the cylinder side, as they were too tight with the sleeve. And I was thinking the whole way "no way they are that stupid at TS, it must be me".

So now to the original question - do you think this is reusable? It looks worse in the photo than in reality.

Anhänge

• PXL_20231120_200626623.jpg
    PXL_20231120_200626623.jpg
    143,4 KB · Aufrufe: 31
Zurück
Oben Unten