• Green

Stimmen: 24 42,9%
  • Gunmetal

Stimmen: 22 39,3%
  • Murder Black

Stimmen: 12 21,4%

• Umfrageteilnehmer
Olli, chill!!!

we (or at least I) don't demand that you change your stem!

I (let's stay with my opinion here) only suggest that you don't know if a shorter stem would feel better because you never tried it on your (very) slack following with a long 51mm offset fork.

You always say that it FEELS correct now. But how can you tell if you don't know the difference?
Stem lengths on mountainbikes are not used anymore to correct a "FIT" just like those stupid lycra-fetish-road-bikers do.
Stem lengths on mountainbikes are used to change the complete feeling of the bike.

A Following is designed to be driven VERY aggressively with it's slack head-tube. Also 29er wheels need to handled hard to keep the "alive" feel that the bike is designed for.

So, what everybody here is saying is that it would be good for you if you would TRY to see what your bikes COULD feel like when you use the setup that it's designed for. That way you could get the maximum potential of it that you're not getting now.
(in my opinion it's the same as mounting slicks on it or riding with 10% sag)

It's still up to you to do it. We're not your mother. But this is an open forum where we are allowed to express our feelings and thoughts. If you don't like that, close this thread and ride your bike the way you see fit.

Cheers!

doezel with his German 50mm stem and 780mm handlebar. :p
18591645953_61fd518026_k.jpg

19025555839_943a8ad44c_k.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Bleib mal locker. Dann würde ich an deiner Stelle nicht mehr darauf reagieren und Aussagen wie " 2cm machen den Kohl nicht fett" unterlassen. Dann ist auch Ruhe...

@zonz1984 das war ein vergleich zum niner. und berg auf geht das niner besser - aber uninteressant da ich trotzdem gut hoch komm.
und ich hab nie gesagt dass das niner schlecht war oder sonstiges. wollte nur ein niedrigeres ober- und sitzrohr.

Dann ist auch Ruhe...

das denkst du nur :D

es gibt so lang keine ruhe bis ich nen kurzen vorbau fahre.

@doezel ich mach das heut mal in deutsch.

warum soll ich ich das hier zu machen? wie wäre es einfach mal zu akzeptieren das nicht jeder mit dem strom schwimmt? ich bin schon paar bikes mit kleiner vorbauten gefahren (kein evil) und das war nicht so toll. da war auch eins dabei mit 51mm offset fork und zudem hat ich ein paar posts vorher noch gesagt das eventuell mal irgendwann ein kürzer vorbau kommen kann.
In another thread where it went to the * niner bike * I have auh times briefly hints that I had a serious accident. This should not be left out. I am more than happy to be able to bike again. Because it was not a long time to think about the accident in 2013, when I almost died. Therefore everything has its reason somewhere

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Olli, chill!!!

we (or at least I) don't demand that you change your stem!

I (let's stay with my opinion here) only suggest that you don't know if a shorter stem would feel better because you never tried it on your (very) slack following with a long 51mm offset fork.

You always say that it FEELS correct now. But how can you tell if you don't know the difference?
Stem lengths on mountainbikes are not used anymore to correct a "FIT" just like those stupid lycra-fetish-road-bikers do.
Stem lengths on mountainbikes are used to change the complete feeling of the bike.

A Following is designed to be driven VERY aggressively with it's slack head-tube. Also 29er wheels need to handled hard to keep the "alive" feel that the bike is designed for.

So, what everybody here is saying is that it would be good for you if you would TRY to see what your bikes COULD feel like when you use the setup that it's designed for. That way you could get the maximum potential of it that you're not getting now.
(in my opinion it's the same as mounting slicks on it or riding with 10% sag)

It's still up to you to do it. We're not your mother. But this is an open forum where we are allowed to express our feelings and thoughts. If you don't like that, close this thread and ride your bike the way you see fit.

Cheers!

doezel with his German 50mm stem and 780mm handlebar. :p
18591645953_61fd518026_k.jpg

19025555839_943a8ad44c_k.jpg
100% Zustimmung !

warum soll ich ich das hier zu machen?
because you don't want to hear other peoples opinion on a certain matter.
wie wäre es einfach mal zu akzeptieren das nicht jeder mit dem strom schwimmt? ich bin schon paar bikes mit kleiner vorbauten gefahren (kein evil) und das war nicht so toll. da war auch eins dabei mit 51mm offset fork und zudem hat ich ein paar posts vorher noch gesagt das eventuell mal irgendwann ein kürzer vorbau kommen kann.
Let's agree to disagree then. I will stand by my opinion that you will benefit a lot from a shorter stem.
In another thread where it went to the * niner bike * I have auh times briefly hints that I had a serious accident. This should not be left out. I am more than happy to be able to bike again. Because it was not a long time to think about the accident in 2013, when I almost died. Therefore everything has its reason somewhere
Although you almost dying is something I wasn't aware of. Hope you're good now.
But You being alive is not something that depends on a 80mm stem.
(and IF stem length has something to do with your safety then i ESPECIALLY would advise you to get a shorter stem because that way you have more control of your awesome bike AND you're less likely to go OTB)

Although you almost dying is something I wasn't aware of. Hope you're good now.
But You being alive is not something that depends on a 80mm stem.
(and IF stem length has something to do with your safety then i ESPECIALLY would advise you to get a shorter stem because that way you have more control of your awesome bike AND you're less likely to go OTB)

ich muss das ja auch in keinem forum groß breit treten. ob alles gut ist, ist relativ würde ich sagen.

das klingt von euch so als würde ich kategorisch einen kürzen vorbau ausschließen, aber dem ist nicht so. ich lasse mir ja alle optionen offen und wer weiß was die Zukunft bringt. vielleicht ja 60 o. 50mm :D

IMG_20170518_161812.jpg
Evil The Following (1).jpg

Anhänge

• IMG_20170518_161812.jpg
    IMG_20170518_161812.jpg
    280,3 KB · Aufrufe: 73
  • Evil The Following (1).jpg
    Evil The Following (1).jpg
    312 KB · Aufrufe: 75
Olli, super!!! Wie gefält den rad bis jetzt?
I love it.
Despite the long pre-construction it is really good mountain. It is not quite as high as it is uphill, but you can get it back with enough juice in the legs.

The damper is really cool. The swallows really everything what comes under the wheels.
It was a good decision to buy: D

Schön zu hören.

Ich habe mein fox34 140mm im service. Deswegen hätte ich letztes wochende einen fox32 120mm eingebaut ohne spacer. Das war wirlich zu leicht und niedrich für mich.

Nächste woche mal ne Fox 36 auf 140mm probieren.

Habe auch nog den hinterseite mit einen shockwiz verbessert, das lohnt sich!!!
41e5091e600d8d41144714b48e5ecae9.jpg
71498ee3317ba9a49098243278a92cf0.jpg

Schön zu hören.

Ich habe mein fox34 140mm im service. Deswegen hätte ich letztes wochende einen fox32 120mm eingebaut ohne spacer. Das war wirlich zu leicht und niedrich für mich.

Nächste woche mal ne Fox 36 auf 140mm probieren.

Habe auch nog den hinterseite mit einen shockwiz verbessert, das lohnt sich!!!
41e5091e600d8d41144714b48e5ecae9.jpg
71498ee3317ba9a49098243278a92cf0.jpg
Meine Gabel liegt da genau dazwischen mit 130mm
Da bin ich aber froh mit meiner strong buy Empfehlung, dass es gefällt :daumen:
Ich hätte mir den Rahmen auch ohne deine strong buy Empfehlung gekauft... Aber es war hilfreich und hat dein kauf gestärkt..

@doezel u. @Goddi8 was fahrt ihr beide für bremsen am evil?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Nächste Woche werden Leitungen und Gabel gekürzt. Vorbau muss ich mal gucken..... Erste 8 hab ich mir vorn auch schon eingefahren *kotz* zwar nix großes aber nervig
IMG_20170602_162407.jpg

Anhänge

• IMG_20170602_162407.jpg
    IMG_20170602_162407.jpg
    384,3 KB · Aufrufe: 69
Oh!

Hope tech 3 E4 mit 203 vorne und 183 hinten.
0194bc1bae97ad9b0aa01e2136024eb9.jpg

98a8dbee00b04e304243b247444a8ca4.jpg

f36150868e3603f10e014d8c0ef958f6.jpg

012e1c70016ef3776992dbe026a1763d.jpg

:)
5f3af1a09e4b8b7319dc8ec94f71477f.jpg

And trial fitted this 36, but it has to drop 20mm because it's now in Wreckoning mode...
1eb0f023302ba8495dee83710a8bf18d.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
vorbau frage: den Ritchey WCS Trail 31.8 in 50 oder 60mm
oder den NEWMEN Evolution SL 318.4

kann mich nich entscheiden

Wenn mann nur aus diesem zwei wählen kann, dann wurde ich fuer die NewMen gehen weil:

Newmen kommt from Syntace
Syntace ist SUPER
Syntace stems wurden mal als besten getested in BIKE (aber nicht die NewMen Stems, nur die Syntace Megaforce 2)

Ritchey stems wurden mal als schlechtsten getested in Bike (aber nicht die WCS stems, nur die regular Trail stems)

syntace fällt eher raus - gefällt mir keiner. nimmt man eher vier schrauben oder 2 an der klemmung?

was man so hört von newmen klingt gut und die qualtät soll gleich oder besser sein.

NEWMEN-Evolution-SL-318-4-Stem-black-anodized-50-mm-6--52759-163911-1481264281.jpeg

Syntace-Megaforce-2-31-8-Stem-black-40-mm-6--29675-76353-1481265428.jpeg

Die beiden sehen ja fast gleich aus!

Wenn preis (die €20) von syntace zu hoch ist: Newmen
Wenn nicht: Syntace

newmen mit 4 oder 2 schrauben? und 50 o. 60mm?
mein händler hätte den newmen mit 2 schrauben im laden - mit 4 müsste er bestellen.

bei syntace bin ich irgendwie immer bei glossy statt matt gewesen. :D

Du sagstest: Newman 318.4: Die haben 4 schrauben.
318.2 hat 2 schrauben.

Ich wurde noch immer (wenn mann zoviel bezahlen möchtet fuer ein vorbau) für Syntace gehen.

und mit 2 schrauben muss man immer die lenker von einen seite ins vorbau schieben. Dann mussen auch immer and die seite die griffe, bremsen und shifter/remore weggenommen werden.

Mit 4 schrauben ist man schneller fertig!

Noch etwass: mit die 2 schrauben nach unten is auch die 6 grat winkel nach unten.
Es sieht aus als ob die 2-schrauben variant fuer racer/weight weenies entwickelt ist.

Zurück
Oben Unten