WTB / Potts / Cunningham Galerie

die gibt es schon jetzt nicht mehr, da er keine kronen mehr hat und es ist unklar, ob es sich lohnt, nochmal eine charge kronen fertigen zu lassen. vermutlich aber eher nicht....

zumindest steht Cunningham mit drauf. Wieviel drin ist weiß wohl keiner

Werner

Anhänge

• IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    31,6 KB · Aufrufe: 191
Hallo,

in einer der deutschen Zeitschriften, ich glaube es war die Mountain Bike, war auch einmal ein Bericht über die WTB Crew. Wenn ich mich recht erinnere hieß das ganze "Besuch bei WTB" oder so ähnlich. Hat vielleicht jemand diesen Bericht oder kann das Erscheinungdatum ein wenig eingrenzen?

Viele Grüße,
Bertel

@CarstenB
die beiden fillet brazed type 2 gabeln waren also für dich ? hab die bilder auf der steve potts blog seite gesehen ...
in welche bikes kommen die denn rein ?
die hier ist auch noch schön ... wenn auch nicht von cunningham ... :D

naja schon von meisterhand (charlie) denk ich mal, oder?

diese ganzen anlenkungsmöglichkeiten sind der hammer. bei dir ist doch auch was ähnliches verbaut oder werner?

gruss kay

er hat schon immer auftragsarbeiten ausgefuehrt. bei solchen sachen kommen halt schnell einige stunden zusammen und sein stundenlohn ist nicht von pappe...

Since my secret is out, I will tell you all the story. Apologies in advance for my lack of German!

First, the brakes are a one-off project that won't be made again, so apologies to all who would like some.

I had been frustrated with my titanium Phoenix because I didn't like the V brakes but also didn't want to put disc brakes on the bike. What I wanted was a cam-brake solution. I proposed a lever-link style brake to Charlie, on a plate that would mount on a custom U-shaped base, similar to the one WTB briefly made for the Judy forks. I noted to Charlie that the modern suspension lowers would likely work better since the lowers were beefier as was the connecting brace. He wasn't convinced until I sent him the diagrams for my Fox F80 fork. He said he would have a look at the fork so I sent it to him.

At the same time I sent the frame to Steve Potts to remove the cantilever bosses and to put on some chainstay rollercam bosses. (my initial plan was to epoxy and rivet on guides and bosses like on my Cunninghams but Steve was concerned that this would cause the frame to crack).

When it is built up, the bike will have the lever-link on the front and a toggle-cam on the rear. The rear will also have a custom Cunningham mud-deflection guard, and under-bottom bracket cable guide. It should be pretty rocking.

Charlie based the arm design on his first toggle brake design. He liked the beefier arms and also wanted to use a U-brake/V-brake style pad, since he hasn't been as happy with the pad hardware on the speedmaster arms.

The first photo shows the tool Charlie used to shape the arms. You can see the initial blanks for the brakes Charlie made for him and I.

mall-1.JPG

All the forming was done by hand.

mall-3.JPG

and

mall-2.JPG

Starting to come together!
mall-4.JPG

Set up for testing prior to sending for anodizing. Charlie really likes the file marks on the brake arms.
mall-5.JPG

Here is another view.
mall-6.JPG

And another.
mall-7.JPG

And another.
mall-8.JPG

And one more.
mall-9.JPG

Now back from anodizing.

web.jpg

web.jpg

So some of these pictures show the hands of charles cunningham working on custom brakes!? Very impressive stuff, thanks a lot for sharing those with us! :daumen:

Zurück
Oben Unten