Hi. Canyon Lux Trail CF 6 received. I have a question:

How do I unclip the shock? Do you have to remove the air completely and the two fixing screws? or is it not necessary to remove the air?

I like to maintain them because they usually come from home quite dry.

Thank you.

The lux trail cannot be fitted with a chainring of less than 30 teeth.????

And a 30 oval chainring?
Hi, did you check? or is this indicated on their webpage?
My father is going to order tomorrow most likely the Lux Trail CF8.
Currently he is riding a Simplon Razorblade HT from 2016 with a 2x10 XT drivetrain. 22x40 with a crank lever of 175 is the smalest for uphill. The ratio is lower compared to the ones on the Canyon with min. 30x52 and a 170mm crank since he needs the size S.
Can you recommend how to improve that in order to be able to have available a smal gear for uphills.
In addition, how can we add spacer?. Is that in general possible? and to what extend?
By the way, my father is nearly 76 years old and is still riding MTB but needs comfort on the bike. So he need a more upright position. Race position is not acceptable.

Please let me have advises.
Thanks a lot

I put on a 32t chainring on my lux and the chain is super close to the chainstay on the smallest pinion (biggest gear).

I doubt a 30t would fit without a rubbing / grinding chain.

This morning I noticed the hole I have marked in the photo (I got the photo from the internet). What is it for? to tighten the steering lock? It seems strange to me, if it came loose or the stopper was turned by a blow, we would have to disassemble everything because the screw would have moved and it would coincide with that hole. Am I wrong?

Anhänge

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    221,6 KB · Aufrufe: 37
This morning I noticed the hole I have marked in the photo (I got the photo from the internet). What is it for? to tighten the steering lock? It seems strange to me, if it came loose or the stopper was turned by a blow, we would have to disassemble everything because the screw would have moved and it would coincide with that hole. Am I wrong?

That's correct. Good thing is you don't have to cut or open any cables to lift all the spacers and get access to the lock ring. You could also loosen the cockpit just a bit to rotate the plastic cover with the hole to align it with the screw underneath.

I put on a 32t chainring on my lux and the chain is super close to the chainstay on the smallest pinion (biggest gear).

I doubt a 30t would fit without a rubbing / grinding chain.
I had a detailed look also to the spare parts. A30t is listed there. So theoretically it shoul fit otherwise they should not offer.

A colleague (a few posts back) said that the 30 chainring can be fitted. Can anyone confirm this?
I'm also very interested knowing if this could work.
My father was at Canyon today and he had someone not really having a clue. He had to investigate.
Finally this guy mentioned to him that 34t chainring is the minimum possible.
But if this is really the case that just a 34t can be mounted I'm questioning the market position of such bikes since this guy told him also that there is no bike at Canyon that can work with something lower than 34t chainring.
I'm riding myself a Last Cinto and at least I can mount a 30t chainring. On my Stoll M1 I even can go down to a 26t chainring. So something more specific is more flexible. Strange.

I had a detailed look also to the spare parts. A30t is listed there. So theoretically it shoul fit otherwise they should not offer.

My father was at Canyon today and he had someone not really having a clue. He had to investigate.
But if this is really the case that just a 34t can be mounted I'm questioning the market position of such bikes since this guy told him also that there is no bike at Canyon that can work with something lower than 34t chainring.
I'm riding myself a Last Cinto and at least I can mount a 30t chainring. On my Stoll M1 I even can go down to a 26t chainring. So something more specific is more flexible. Strange.
Like i already mentioned, my 32t works fine.

If my CF 6 (size S) has a 32 tooth chainring (shimano SLX) how can they tell you that the canyon is only good for 34 teeth? ????

If my CF 6 (size S) has a 32 tooth chainring (shimano SLX) how can they tell you that the canyon is only good for 34 teeth? ????
my father had today also the impression of incompetency. I mean that they are not aware of the exact amount of carbon layers is understandable, but what powertrain I can mount they should know.
He is going to contact them again.

But one more thing: Is your CF6 and the CF7 from Vicius6cricle the new model from 2024?

my father had today also the impression of incompetency. I mean that they are not aware of the exact amount of carbon layers is understandable, but what powertrain I can mount they should know.
He is going to contact them again.

But one more thing: Is your CF6 and the CF7 from Vicius6cricle the new model from 2024?

I already said that I just received my new Lux Trail CF 6.

Zurück
Oben Unten