“Incline in%” went crazy!

24.10.2020 - my rox 12 has started to show completely wrong values. Example: on a climb it indicated -10. On the plain he suddenly indicated -20 then returned to “0”. The “Altitude” data was also wrong.

Back home, I removed the cover and found a few drops of water (the day before it was drizzling). I dried everything.

25.10.2020, I went out on MTB, but the situation hadn't improved much.

Now, it works better. The "Altitude" data are correct but often "incline in%" does not work correctly (example: I start a constant climb and the data changes continuously)

What can I do?

you say you have had this problem several times.

But then did it start working properly again?
After how long?
Do you know what it depends on?
Thanks

you say you have had this problem several times.

But then did it start working properly again?
After how long?
Do you know what it depends on?
Thanks

After the rain/moisture had dried, the altimeter worked again. At the bottom of the device, under the cover, you can see a hole with a membrane or white filling. This hole is closed by water. Sigma knows the problem, Garmin has it too . But it will probably take a longer time.

Thank you for your help.
Does it look exactly like before after it dries?
I immediately dried it, 10 days have passed and the altimeter works. "Incline in%" no; the display shows fluctuating values: does it resolve over time?
I saw the hole with a membrane or white filling: can I do something?
Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

back to the topic. After 15 days, the “Incline in%” indicator still does not work.

The altimeter instead works perfectly. On the same bike I mounted my old sigma 2209 (NO GPS) and the ROX 12. I did a test ride and the height data was always the same. The total height difference is also identical.

I just don't understand why the “Incline in %” indicator doesn't work. The data should not be the result of a calculation made every "N" seconds (distance and altitude parameters)

For example, I start a climb with a constant vertical drop and the ROX 12 shows: 1,2,3,4,3,4,5,6,7,8,6,5,6,7,8,9,10,8 , 7,6,5,6, etc. every slightest difference in the ground is perceived ... Before it did not happen ... the data was constant.

It looks like a software problem and not a hardware problem.

Zurück
Oben Unten