Lyrik 180 mm for 601?

Sorry for the English guys, I do not speak German, but I love German bike (I have a 601 MK1 190) ;)

Have a question. How to increase Lyrik SoloAir 170 mm travel to 180 mm?

9ea4931677589211fb58ea0da22c70db.jpg

If this was discussed before, show me please where can I read about it?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@DocG
I'm not sure for the dual air, but on my 160mm u-turn ist was just lengthening the rod at the bottom by 10mm
this makes the travel start 10mm higher and since the hardstop at the lower end is in the damper side you
get 10mm more travel.

Thanks, but I'm not sure about the spacer.
This only increases the height of the fork (a2c), but the travel is still 170 mm.
No, travel will increase by length of the spacer (10mm) because end of travel is realized by hitting of the sliders (stanchions) on the bottom of the casting. So basically you pull out the sliders by 10mm so that they can slide down 10mm more.

Oh noooo, don't cut the Bumpers
Why?
Will this may change the characteristics of the negative spring?
While this modification will change the volume of the negative spring, you may get problems with the motion range of the damper unit at full extension (top out on damper side). Motion range to the bottom seems ok with the spacers (I didn't try the spacers by myself).

Is it possible with every Lyrik to extend it to 180mm? I have in mind that it is not possible with newer ones because of changed position of the slide bushings?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
180mm AFAIK ok with
- Lyrik >2009 + <2010 damper rod (or 175mm travel)
- Lyrik <2010 + Domain or >2009 Lyrik casting

ask @ smubob he knows everything

Maybe variant 2 - cut 1 cm from the base plate?

6821cfc2b0fd290c6e038a1be9ba6e3f.jpg

This modification will not change the volume of the negative spring :)

As I wrote, problem will/may be "top out" on damper side because of limited top motion range of damper unit. At least you have to extend the damper rod with your modification.

Zurück
Oben Unten