online Topos

Dabei seit
25. September 2004
Punkte Reaktionen
154
There only 7 trails. If now you active the "French" layer "Sentiers", you will find many many trails in France, Swiss, Italy.

My conclusion is that this OSM db is not used by you famous riders. :confused:

There is no other trail db here ?

No other trail DB.

The problem is, that the so called BBSer (Bike Bergsteigen = High Altitude Biking) are a little paranoid.
They make a big secret about trails, because they are afraid that other bikers could use these trails also.
They have a code of honor like the Mafia guys which forbids to publish trails.
Don't expect any help from these guys.

ray
 
Dabei seit
22. April 2003
Punkte Reaktionen
0
Ort
München
Hallo,

auf http://alpenkarte.eu gibt es eine gute topografische Kartendarstellung der Openstreemaps. Dort kann man auch sehr einfach Routen zeichnen um sie mit Freunden zu diskutieren oder um in Foren Beiträgen eine Route zu beschreiben.
 
Dabei seit
20. Juni 2012
Punkte Reaktionen
0
@VTTrack
Excellent site.
I have some questions concerning your OSM based trails. What type of data do you use and how often do you update? Is your sourcing based on "highway=path; mtb:scale=x"? My impression is the OSM based trails are quite outdated.
Regards
Guido

No other trail DB.

The problem is, that the so called BBSer (Bike Bergsteigen = High Altitude Biking) are a little paranoid.
They make a big secret about trails, because they are afraid that other bikers could use these trails also.
They have a code of honor like the Mafia guys which forbids to publish trails.
Don't expect any help from these guys.

ray

Thank you for the reponse.
In [ame=http://vimeo.com/32143140]this video[/ame]Mont Vioz, Cervedale are referenced explicitely... so i just think that OSM db is too geeky for real riders ? (In France we do not participate either...)

Let continue the discussion here :D

For those who missed the story : I made i small research "how many trails > 3000m above the sea in OSM/SS db"

The result is Here (combining filter and grid modes of my site VTTrack)
 
Dabei seit
20. Juni 2012
Punkte Reaktionen
0
Thank you for the reponse.
In this videoMont Vioz, Cervedale are referenced explicitely... so i just think that OSM db is too complex for most of riders ? (In France we do not participate too much in OSM either...)

Let continue the discussion here :D

For those who missed the story : I made i small research "how many trails > 3000m above the sea in OSM/SS db"

The result is Here (combining filter and grid modes of my site VTTrack)


__________
 

gscholz

Linuxender OSMler
Dabei seit
25. Juli 2011
Punkte Reaktionen
440
Ort
Burgkirchen
> My impression about this OSM trail db is that it is not the right way to do trail identification.
> I mean many thing is missing :
> - rider impression
> - photos
> - path description

Well, storing photos is (currently) not supported, but I personally do not miss them. As one of big advantages (and the real main task) of OSM is to create maps for special purposes and take them with you on a portable (and _offline_) GPS-device like a Garmin; integrating photos could create data volume disaster btw.

Concerning your "rider impression" and "path description" points, do you mean textual data to read? Then you are wrong. OSM provides a "note" tag to add textual remarks to ways or waypoints. You only have to use (or create) a map which provides access to these data, e.g. like the "All In One" map for Garmin devices does (and then add comments like this: "Stop cycling here to look east end enjoy the beautiful view." ;-)).

> The cotation alone is quite useless (excluding the fact that a cotation is very subjective).

Sorry, I am not sure about what the word "cotation" means, do you mean "notation"? If you refer to the notation by "single trail scale", which is the base for "mtb:scale", you may read the definitions:

http://www.singletrail-skala.de/ (mainly in German, but a language switch is right at the top of this page).

Of course there may be some small room for personal interpretation, but I do not see why this scale may be _very_ subjective or useless at all (have a look at the well documented examples).

Additionally to the "mtb:scale" tag OSM provides a lot of other attributes to describe the physical nature of a way or path, e.g. the well established "sac_scale" (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:sac_scale), see here for more options like inclination etc.:
http://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/407/how-should-i-tag-hiking-trails

> My conclusion is that this OSM db is not used by you famous riders.

First of all you need some skills to work with OSM effectively, but it is not really difficult. Second is, you must really _like_ to publish your knowledge. At that point some people may fail, but honestly I don't care.

Guido
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Dabei seit
25. September 2004
Punkte Reaktionen
154
There only 7 trails. If now you active the "French" layer "Sentiers", you will find many many trails in France, Swiss, Italy.

I'm very interested in the data of the "sentiers"-Layer.
Can you help me, how can I get this data?

I create MTB-maps for TwoNav out of OSM using the mtb:scale data.

To combine it with the Sentier-Layer would be a big benefit.

Can you also explain the french System (T,D,M,E)?

Unfortunately I don't understand French and Google-translate sounds sometimes a little bit funny.

Can I contact you via E-mail?
Is the on on http://www.vttrack.fr/trac/wiki/Contact the proper one?

Thanks
Ray
 

isartrails

Kommentator
Dabei seit
27. Januar 2004
Punkte Reaktionen
1.596
Ort
Rund um den Wörthsee
... By the way, is there a website that present singletracks with related cotation SingleScala AND adequate description (not only cotation).
Very good job, mes felicitations!
As far as I know, there is actually no website assuming singletracks.
In your list you could take www.gps-tour.info too, but it's only another big tour database like gpsies.

On VTTrack we present also OSM tracks, with correspondance to the cotation system we use (basicaly the same, just starting from 1 instead of zero).
My impression about this OSM trail db is that it is not the right way to do trail identification.
I mean many thing is missing :
- rider impression
- photos
- path description
The cotation alone is quite useless (excluding the fact that a cotation is very subjective).
...
My conclusion is that this OSM db is not used by you famous riders.
I'm with you in each argument.
I share your opinion that OSM data without rider's impression and cotation is quite useless.
I am not with gscholz who thinks that singletrailscale let's only little space for personal interpretations.

On the other hand I am not a big fan of categorizing difficulties of trails, because difficulties are not only, but also subject of different circumstances (eg. weather) and other conditions.
Mainly for this reason, and not to make mystery about alpine trails, I have decided not to participate at projects like OCM: No one ensures that data quality of my tracks is the same as these of other users. And that's the crucial point with open projects.
 
G

GGAT

Guest
Ich suche noch etwas garmin-taugliches für Kanada. Gefunden habe ich
- die openmtbmap ( kostenpflichtig )
- Ibycus Topo ( da muss ich mich bzgl. der Installation aber noch durchwursteln ).

Gibt's noch mehr ?

Gruss - GGAT
 

gscholz

Linuxender OSMler
Dabei seit
25. Juli 2011
Punkte Reaktionen
440
Ort
Burgkirchen
Hallo,
das liest sich jetzt so, als hättest du diese Seite noch nicht aufgesucht:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

Für Kanada solltest du da auf jeden Fall was finden. Ich würde es mal mit einer von Lambertus (http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/) versuchen, oder die hier http://osm.blog.mantlik.cz/, die hat auch Höhenlinien.

Was die Openmtbmap betrifft, hätte ich jetzt eigentlich gedacht, dass man die weltweit herunterladen kann:
ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/openmtbmap/odbl/
Aber du hast recht, Kanada (und USA) ist nicht dabei.

Was natürlich auch gehen würde, wenn es unbedingt die Openmtbmap sein muss, diese nach diesem Rezept selbst zu erzeugen:
http://openmtbmap.org/about-2/archive/render-maps-mkgmap/

Habe ich auch schon gemacht, ist aber etwas aufwändig. Zudem habe ich gerade entdeckt, dass das dafür notwendige Stylefile nicht mehr angeboten wird (ich hätte bei Bedarf noch ein älteres auf der Festplatte rumliegen). Jetzt wird es dann doch langsam Zeit, dass sich das Projekt in "Closedmtbmap" umbenennt.
Gruß
Guido
 
G

GGAT

Guest
Hallo,

sowohl auf der wiki.osm als auch auf der lambertus Seite war ich schon ... ich muss aber zugeben dass die mich beide von der Bedienung her abgeschreckt haben - ich hatte sie auch schon wieder verdrängt.
- wiki.osm: erst seit gestern weiss ich wer oder was bit torrent ist.
- osm.nl: Wenn ich schon im Auswahlfeld "Canada" wählen kann wieso werden dann nicht alle entsprechenden Kacheln gewählt ? Da ich mich im Land noch gar nicht auskenne und auch noch nicht genau weiss wo ich mich 'rumtreiben werde, finde ich es irritierend dann auf der Karte "nach Gefühl wo Kanada anfängt und aufhört" die Kacheln auszuwählen.
Nachdem Du nochmal darauf hingewiesen hast, habe ich mich beiden noch einmal gewidmet - der Download läuft und ich bin sicher mit ein bisschen 'reindenken werde ich schon zum gewünschten Ergebnis kommen.

Vielen Dank für die Anregung

GGAT
 
G

GGAT

Guest
Zur Ibycus möchte ich noch sagen: mich haut's nicht vom Hocker !
Nachdem sie in MapSource installiert war und erstmal im 2000km Überblick geöffnet wurde, wollte ich einfach nach Vancouver suchen .... keine Ortssuche. Also nach Gefühl dahin gezoomt wo ich Vancouver-Island vermutete...... soweit getroffen, aber wenn man wieder rein- und 'rauszommt verschwindet z.B. ab dem 5km-Maßstab die Darstellung von Wasserflächen und schwupps weiss ich wieder nicht wo ich auf der Karte bin ....

GGAT
 
Dabei seit
24. August 2009
Punkte Reaktionen
46
Ort
Lenzerheide
Sieht vom Kartenmaterial identisch aus zu https://map.veloland.ch.
Die Farben sind etwas knackiger.
Veloland hat aber den Vorteil, dass man die Schweizer Radlrouten einblenden kann.

Das Ist sicher ein Vorteil, map.geo.admin, hat aber einen grossen Vorteil. Ich kann selber Höhenprofile erstellen. Meiner Meinung nach, gerade wenn ich selber Tourn Plane sehr hilfreich. Dazu können Karten wie Hangneigung und Wildschutzgebiete angezeigt werden (Vorallem auch im Winter sehr hilfreich)
 

umtreiber

Adnimistrator
Dabei seit
4. Juni 2003
Punkte Reaktionen
377
Ort
minga
Hallo,

auf http://alpenkarte.eu gibt es eine gute topografische Kartendarstellung der Openstreemaps. Dort kann man auch sehr einfach Routen zeichnen um sie mit Freunden zu diskutieren oder um in Foren Beiträgen eine Route zu beschreiben.

die topografische Kartendarstellung ist sehr gut gemacht, aber ich finde viele bekannte Wege nicht in der Karte.
 
Oben