Heute mit dem Cotic unterwegs

Trailkontrollfahrt:

IMG_20190328_162331[1].jpg

Memo an mich: Beim nächsten Mal TS mitnehmen

Anhänge

• IMG_20190328_162331[1].jpg
    IMG_20190328_162331[1].jpg
    2,3 MB · Aufrufe: 137
Unterwegs bei eher britischen aka interessanten Bedingungen mit eher wenig funktionierender Bremse vorne:

Trondheim scheint doch auch mal im Frühjahr anzukommen, die letzte Woche hatte: >20cm Neuschnee, raining cats n dogs, knapp 10°C und Sonne und jetzt bei knapp über 0°C eine abwechselnde Mischung aus Schnee und Regen :D

@midige Gut so! Wir haben heute auch ein paar mal das Taschenmesser ausgepackt, müssen aber nächstes mal wohl auch die TS mitnehmen.

Irgend jemand hat gepetzt.....von unserer Konversation in Sachen Dämpfer....Mist, mein Chef überwacht mich...Cy schreibt:
Carsten,

Over the last year, we have definitely noticed a move towards harder and heavier riders asking for coil shocks on our Rocket and RocketMAX enduro bikes. There seems to be a feeling that if you need really high pressures in the regular air shock, then coil is the way to go. That might have been the case 10 years ago when you looked like you would pop a little can air shock, but these days there is a much better option. DB Air CS!

Swinny and Chay have both been running DB Air CS since the start of last season, when they found the pressures they needed in the DB Air IL were quite high. Not because because they are particularly heavy (they weigh about the same as or less than me, and I'm perfectly fine on a DB Air IL at 83kg, even in Finale on my RocketMAX), but because they are so fast they run their shocks stiffer than mere mortals like you and I.

The reason for this is that the droplink bikes have a very progressive rate to the linkage. This gives them their fantastic feel, but also means that they need a quite a stiff spring to give you enough support in the early part of the stroke. This also counts for the Coil IL as well, and the maximum 650lb VALT spring only works for rider weights up to around 90kg, and you lose the progression of the air spring and the instant adjustability.

The Air CS gets around all this by having a LOT of volume and a LOT of oil. Where the lads were needing 270-280psi to get the feel they wanted in the DB Air IL (I run 215psi for 17mm sag in mine), they are down to 155psi in the Air CS, and still have the option to put volume spacers in to tune the ride, there's a lot of oil volume in the piggyback which helps consistency. If you're concerned about such things, it's also around 100-130 grammes lighter than the Coil IL with a VALT spring.

We have got some of these on customer bikes already with great results, and we have just got our full allocation of stock so these are good to go on any Rocket or Rocket Max. If you think you need a coil because you're a heavier rider, or hit things hard, think again! This is definitely the option we recommend for you. By the same token, don't think that just because we are now offering this we are shy of the DB Air IL. It's still the main shock offer for these bikes, because it's light, reliable and it works brilliantly. Like I said above, I am very happy with mine, and due to him being pretty light, race team member Will Easey is running the DB Air IL on his race bike this season to keep the weight off.

Das isser:
unnamed.jpg

Anhänge

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    61,8 KB · Aufrufe: 101
Kennt ihr das? Da steht man am Traileingang, kurze hydraulische Pause vor der Abfahrt. Man dreht sich um und - bäm - hat man einen ganz anderen Blickwinkel...

D593240F-47CA-44C8-8D51-22C56784D61A.jpeg

Unendliche Weiten ;) „Hoch“ebene bei Horb. Danach gab‘s auch noch ein wenig steil und technisch...

0180434B-EFD0-4963-880A-83DFE94C1589.jpeg

Schön war‘s! Und nachher geht’s zum Ausrollen nochmal mit dem Trailer und Familie los...

Anhänge

• D593240F-47CA-44C8-8D51-22C56784D61A.jpeg
    D593240F-47CA-44C8-8D51-22C56784D61A.jpeg
    4,3 MB · Aufrufe: 100
  • 0180434B-EFD0-4963-880A-83DFE94C1589.jpeg
    0180434B-EFD0-4963-880A-83DFE94C1589.jpeg
    852,9 KB · Aufrufe: 81
Zurück
Oben Unten