Root Miller MY2020

Ich habe für Sohnemann auch im Juli bestellt, aber die Originalbremsen drauf gelassen. Soll im Januar kommen, genaueren Termin habe ich noch nicht...

Hi!
New here. I've been eyeing the Root Miller 2 for a while now. Obviously because of the delivery issues i'm looking at other bikes now as well.
Have you guys found any other bikes in the €2600 (max) category that are as well equipped as the Root Miller 2? I looked at so many bikes, but there is always something off with the specs, like no-name OEM wheels, and/or bad brakes etc. Haven't seen a bike yet that's as well equipped as the RT2 in this price range, but I feel like i'm not familiar with all the options.

I'm looking for something with similar geo to the Root Miller. Nothing too crazy, but not too XC-y either. 130-150mm travel. Any suggestions? €2600 is the absolute max I want to spend. (I live in Hungary, so i'm looking for bikes that I can buy in the EU)
Thanks!

(Oh and sorry for writing in English! :oops:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi!
New here. I've been eyeing the Root Miller 2 for a while now. Obviously because of the delivery issues i'm looking at other bikes now as well.
Have you guys found any other bikes in the €2600 (max) category that are as well equipped as the Root Miller 2? I looked at so many bikes, but there is always something off with the specs, like no-name OEM wheels, and/or bad brakes etc. Haven't seen a bike yet that's as well equipped as the RT2 in this price range, but I feel like i'm not familiar with all the options.

I'm looking for something with similar geo to the Root Miller. Nothing too crazy, but not too XC-y either. 130-150mm travel. Any suggestions? €2600 is the absolute max I want to spend. (I live in Hungary, so i'm looking for bikes that I can buy in the EU)
Thanks!

(Oh and sorry for writing in English! :oops:)
Hi,

in my opinion, the New Canyon spectral is a hot candidate, but more on the pricey side. YT jeffsy Base maybe? But I would'n t purchase Any bike from YT at the Moment, cause they struggle a Lot with Service issues. Something from Radon, maybe?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi,

in my opinion, the New Canyon spectral is a hot candidate, but more on the pricey side. YT jeffsy Base maybe? But I would'n t purchase Any bike from YT at the Moment, cause they struggle a Lot in Service issues. Something from Radon, maybe?

Thanks for the suggestions!

The new Spectral is really sweet, but it's a bit over my budget. It's not that much more expensive than the RT2, but even the RT2 is pushing it a bit. I just can't bring myself to spend over €3k on a bike right now. :D
The Jeffsy Base looks really great too, but the SX drivetrain is a bit of a let-down, even tho the bike is cheaper at €2300.
I checked Radon as well, the carbon Skeen Trail 9.0 looks like a great deal. My only issue with that bike is that super ugly looking head tube. 😅

The new Spectral is really sweet, but it's a bit over my budget. It's not that much more expensive than the RT2, but even the RT2 is pushing it a bit. I just can't bring myself to spend over €3k on a bike right now. :D
The Jeffsy Base looks really great too, but the SX drivetrain is a bit of a let-down, even tho the bike is cheaper at €2300.
I checked Radon as well, the carbon Skeen Trail 9.0 looks like a great deal. My only issue with that bike is that super ugly looking head tube. 😅
I can't stand the head tube at all either 😂 If 3k is your limit, take a look at the Giant Trance X 2. I'm very happy with my Trance X.

I can't stand the head tube at all either 😂 If 3k is your limit, take a look at the Giant Trance X 2. I'm very happy with my Trance X.

Thanks! The Trance X 2 is a strong contender. The frame looks really good, the components are great, and I could buy one local-ish. My only gripe with that bike is the wheelset, which according to a review weighs ~2450g. o_O
I know that M1900s are not the absolute best wheels ever either, but still... :(

Haha jea that Head tube cost em loads of customers :D

Jea right, forgot the New Trance x. Was on my Hot list 2. Hey the old Trance was one of the ugliest bikes ever, and now Look at it :)

Anything from nukeprrof? Reactor maybe. Ok EU... Möööp I forgot

Yeah, the wheels aren’t that light. I didn’t really notice it much on the trail though (I was upgraded to the Trance X 1 and the difference was noticeable, but no deal breaker at all). I’d definitely rather have those wheels than an SX drivetrain though, for example.

Yeah, the wheels aren’t that light. I didn’t really notice it much on the trail though (I was upgraded to the Trance X 1 and the difference was noticeable, but no deal breaker at all). I’d definitely rather have those wheels than an SX drivetrain though, for example.

For sure. That's the biggest selling point for the Root Miller 2 to me, at least on paper it looks like I wouldn't really need to upgrade/change anything for a while (okay the dropper is questionable, I don't know who makes it). That's so rare in this price category.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
For sure. That's the biggest selling point for the Root Miller 2 to me, at least on paper it looks like I wouldn't really need to upgrade/change anything for a while (okay the dropper is questionable, I don't know who makes it). That's so rare in this price category.
Yeah, it is ready for the trails pretty much out of the box. Overall a sensible setup, I don't have any complaints so far with any of the components or the overall setup.

Vlt noch eine Bitte könntest du von dem in den Dampfer eingelaserten Tune / Seriennummer ein Foto machen ? Wie empfindest du das Setup, wippt der recht stark?

_20201213_214720-jpg.1168377

Setup passt für mich recht gut, spiele noch ein bisschen rum. Wippen ist nicht wirklich ein Thema...

Anhänge

• _20201213_214720.JPG
    _20201213_214720.JPG
    11,3 KB · Aufrufe: 60
Gute Neuigkeiten an alles die ein 2021er RM bestellt haben (also die nächstes Jahr geliefert wurden). Habe heute mit Rose wegen der knappen Anzahl Spacer (2x5mm) geredet und das Produktmanagement hat diese für 2021 auf 20mm erhöht :)
Da arbeiten echt mal nette Leute und man erreicht die sogar telefonisch :daumen:

I decided i'm gonna order the Root Miller 2. I know these sizing questions are kinda impossible to answer over the internet. But what do you guys think, at 185cm with an 88cm inseam should I go with an L or an XL? The most important thing for me is comfort on longer rides, i'm not necessarily looking for the absolute best position for descending for example.

Oh and do you guys know if the M1900 wheels come with tubeless tape installed?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I decided i'm gonna order the Root Miller 2. I know these sizing questions are kinda impossible to answer over the internet. But what do you guys think, at 185cm with an 88cm inseam should I go with an L or an XL? The most important thing for me is comfort on longer rides, i'm not necessarily looking for the absolute best position for descending for example.

Oh and do you guys know if the M1900 wheels come with tubeless tape installed?
Hi, I‘m 194, long legged and ordered the XL - I could test ride it and it’s a long bike moreover I think the seat tube length might be critical for you in xl

Hi, I‘m 194, long legged and ordered the XL - I could test ride it and it’s a long bike moreover I think the seat tube length might be critical for you in xl

Thanks. I decided to go with the L. Now I just have to wait a bit... 😅
Hopefully Rose will leave the steerer a bit longer and put more spacers under the stem, I left a comment when ordering.

Zurück
Oben Unten