Verletzungs-Update und Spendenaktion: Brook Macdonald auf dem Weg der Besserung

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubXRiLW5ld3MuZGUvbmV3cy93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxOS8xMC9tc2EtcXVhbGktaW5zdGEtNTAyMi5qcGc.jpg
Brook Macdonald hat nach seiner schweren Verletzung mittlerweile ein Reha-Programm in Neuseeland gestartet und macht dort derzeit erfreulicherweise große Fortschritte. Außerdem wurde eine Spendenaktion initiiert.

Den vollständigen Artikel ansehen:

Brook hat das ganze nochmal erläutert:
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to thank you guys so much, on behalf of Lucy and I, for not only the incredible response to the funding page we put up, but also the kind messages. That was one of the reasons we decided to do the page because so many people reached out to me saying they wanted to help with my recovery, and show support, and I know that every donation was really personal, it means a lot, you have no idea. On top of that, obviously we have costs we didn’t know were coming our way so this was the logical way of trying to fill some gaps. I also want people to know that my sponsors, especially my team, have been so supportive and helped wherever they can, in ways I can’t always go public with. People don’t realize I guess that I’m not an employee of Mondraker or the team, but I’m a sub-contractor and I’m responsible for my own insurance in this sport, which we all know can be dangerous at times. My insurance covered a lot, including my hospital stay, flights home, a large part of the rehab. But Lucy had to leave work to take care of me and there’s other things as part of my general rehab that aren’t covered. We had a specific goal in mind and instead of taking 4 months to raise it, you guys got us there in a week or so, which blows me away. So, we’re closing the account and focusing on getting better. I’m very lucky to be so well supported by those that sponsor me and follow my career, and I can’t wait to repay that, out on a track somewhere. From the bottom of my heart Lucy and I thank you all for the amazing support ❤️

Weiß man eigentlich wie der Sturz genau verlaufen ist? Hätte da ein Neck Brace was gebracht?
Ja wurde auch mehtfach kommuniziert wie der Sturz verlaufen ist. Und ja, er hatte einen Rückenprotektor an, und was genau sollte ihm ein Nackenschutz bei ner Rückenverletzung helfen ?!

I see. Ich dachte das taube Gefühl in den Beinen kam vielleicht von einer überstreckung des Genicks.

Zurück
Oben Unten