Eure Leichtbauräder, KEINE STANGENWARE !!! - Teil 2

beeindruckend, selbst wenn man sich taugliche reifen drandenkt.
existieren von den bikes teilelisten?
ist die age wirklich so leicht und hat die inzwischen auch einen reibungsdämpfer?

schon Stark, da fühle ich mich mit meinem 8,8 Spark ziemlich fett :D. Die Chromelement gefallen mir. aber seine n wir ehrlich, bei richtigem Mtbeinsatz ist der Glanz auch schnell verschwunden

...und wenn man dann genau hinschaut, bemerkt man, dass auf den Actionbildern zumindest die Lenkervorbaukombis nicht gefahren werden. Insofern für mich maximal sinnlos.

Kam halt alles erst später, d.h. nach den Bildern. ;)

Ist leider so. Ich möchte mal sehen wie man eine Extralite-Nabe nachpoliert. :rolleyes:
Auf den Actionbildern ist zumindest die Gabel noch mit Lack.

Stimmt da war die Fahrt wohl ziemlich vor der finalen Fertigstellung oder das Bike wird so wie es fertig ist nie bewegt.

Sorry if I perhaps misunderstand something, not speaking german and Google Translate isn't exactly perfect, but to answer some questions above.

Both bikes are equipped with Hopp frame hardware (derailleur hanger and cable ports) and the XX1 got some tuning from him too. But we might still do some more work.

Yes, the tires are mostly for show. Other light weight builds use them so it's good for comparison and to show what's possible. But mostly I ride with various other tire setups from Schwalbe and others, which is why I also included some example weights in the full spec lists.

The bikes have already been ridden a lot, the Spark almost 2000km and the Scale a little bit less. Problem is that there have been many delays and problems with the building process, it took more than a year to finish the bikes. I waited almost 6 months for handlebar combos from another manufacturer, but it didn't work out so I gave up on that and ordered some Schmolke TLOs and MCFK stems. They are bonded together by Swedish carbon expert Mattias Hellöre, who got years of experience for this kind of work so I trust it will hold up perfectly for me.
However, these was some of the last parts for the bike so I used other simpler ones during the season so I could at least ride the bikes. So all parts except handlebars, seatcombo on the Scale and seat on the Spark are already well tested.
Except for the tires, this is exactly how I will ride the bikes for both training and racing next year, so I'm sure there will be more action pics with this setup also.

The polished lowers on the fork does require some maintenance yes, since they're of a magnesium alloy they oxidize faster than aluminium so to keep them shiny a polish is needed every 2-4 weeks depending on conditions.

The Extralite hubs (as well as Trickstuff brakes) are custom made in silver anodizing. The rest is de-anodized and hand polished by me, including the silver spokes.

Just let me know if you got any further questions.

p5pb15395414.jpg

p5pb15334147.jpg

Hi there. First off all, respect for all the work and dedication on those two bikes. I have some question.

Do you alradey know there are Carbonlevers for the Picola by Hopp also? As far as I know he made them only for @KaiGreene but you might want to ask him too. Then there is the Handlebar Combo. Do you know you could save about 10g with normal Extralite Stem and HyperBar UL2 Carbon Handelbar? And what about maxxlite 345 :D ?

Yes, Hellöre, the famous expert of carbon manufacturing and everything related to light bicycles and light purses.
I have some bogeys from my son sometimes, next time you want to bond something just let me know and I'll bond it together for you.
As they become more rare the more he grows it will be pretty expensive though.

mi2: Thanks a lot!
Yes, it was actually thanks to Axels thread on here that I found out about Christophs work and came in contact with him. So the Piccola upgrade was discussed for sure, but I really wanted to go for the silver theme on the bike that I had in mind. So I decided to keep the brakes all in metal, even though it's heavier.
Another thing we've discussed is making the Acros system in carbon, which would be super cool and might bring the system weight close to 200g. We'll see.

The handlebar combos was also decided a lot by looks. Since the plan had been for so long to have integrated combos, I really wanted to go that route. Another problem would be that I wanted a -17 degree stem for the Scale, which Extralite unfortunately doesn't make.
Another option is Darimo for the handlebars, but honestly I've been dreaming of Schmolke parts since I first saw them many years ago. And since I already had the TLO seat post, I went for those bars too.

I already had the Furious Freds laying around, and since I don't use tires like that much I didn't really want to spend the money for Maxxis. :D At 710g these are also quite light, and it's always a gamble to buy tires. Some are heavy, some ar light.

damonsta: Haha next build is a few years away so I guess it will be cheaper with Hellöre. ;) One reason for why I went with him is that he lives very close to me, so super easy dealing with and no shipping need. And after the fiasco from abroad about the first combos I ordered, it was good having them made locally.

Alright, once they crack or break (which will definitely happen, so maybe you should ride with a mouthpiece) you can easily stick it up his ... locally!

das habe ich jetzt schon an zwei stellen gelesen, aber warum er teilweise so einen schlechten ruf hat ist mir noch nicht klar. was ist denn da alles vorgefallen, das so über seine teile hergezogen wird?

Jo, dann sind es einfach nur noch Jahre.
Nur wenn du mit Lichtgeschwindigkeit unterwegs bist. Das hatte aber keiner behauptet. Mit anderen Worten: Wenn du mit 100 km/h unterwegs bist, was für einen Moutainbiker ja schon ziemlich flink wäre, "dauert" ein Lichtjahr 94.607.304.725.808 Stunden.

Ich bleibe lieber dabei, dass eine Zeitangabe in der korrekten Einheit zu erfolgen hat ;).

Zurück
Oben Unten