Spindrift 2017

Auf der Kolbenstange(?) sitzt doch dieser Schwarze Gummipuffer der als Durchschlagschutz dient, den kann man ja vor einer Abfahrt nach unten schieben und dann sieht man ja wie weit der Dämpfer eingefedert ist.
Irgendjemand hier hatte auch schon erwähnt das der Gummipuffer zum Federweg dazu zählt, somit ist das jetzt keine genau Wissenschaft wenn er bis zum Ende hochgedrückt wird, aber meines Erachtens sollte ja nicht der komplette Federweg bei einer nicht sonderlich anspruchsvollen Abfahrt aufgebraucht werden. (Ich lasse mich da gerne eines besseren belehren, da das mein erster Coil Dämpfer ist)
Nix belehren. Alles gut. Haben wir beim MX vor 30 Jahren schon so gemacht. :daumen::bier:

Hallo Leute!
Kann mir jemand sagen ob der Bikeyoke Triggi mit eigener Schelle oder mit Matschmaker, Shiftmix oder wie auch immer befestigt ist?

danke schon mal

Hello My German is not existent

mmm, so google auto translates my only German when I hit return - so who knows what you see in my first sentance lol. Sadly my school was rubbish and only in later life I learnt Spanish as well as some of the other fundamentals but none of that helps here so you'll need to forgive me for writing in English ( well, my Scottish interpretation of English: D)

Anyway, I've just read the 84 pages and I can't find an answer around size- why do you all have such long legs??:eek:;)

So, I appear you to be unique - I am 182cm tall with an inside leg of of 81.3cm ( I do like how this appears to be called SL ).

My current bike is a trek slash 19.5 with reach of 456mm which at times I feel is too short. I did ask propain about size and they responded by saying I was in the medium on their chart (which I clearly read myself..) and that the reach of the M was 'already 445'- of course, this is already 11mm shorter than the bike I just told them was too short but there you go... so, I'm really no further forward but grateful I found here.

I've think I've looked at every bike out there- a huge percentage say buy a Capra- except all of these people fail to realise that the reach is too short and the seat tube is too high- in fact, it seems to be a general trend of all German brands that the bikes are too short and seat tube is too high with exception of Canyon Strive, Radon Swoop170 and Propain Spindrift- all other models revert to the short reach/high seat tube modus operandi. I've tried Cube- too short reach and by the time it feels remotely ok the seat tube is so tall I can barely touch the pedals; YT, the medium at 420 is far too short- yet the seat tube on the large is too tall- I'd need an XL to get the right reach and then the seat tube length is ridiculous- YT themselves used to recommend M for my height...they have since changed to suggest L (without any geometry changes)

Can anyone offer advice on whether a M or L would be better given my size? To confuse matters, my bike broke recently and I borrowed a bike with 445 reach which felt ok so I'm kind of thinking maybe M would work although I was mainly focused on wrong way round brakes :-D. Also the WB of mine is 1204, so quite long anyway - I do worry the Large at 1247mm means I couldn't put enough force through the front but not sure if that's unfounded.

Thoughts? I can't offer much back other than for all those concerned about whether these bikes climb well- in my experience, it's all relative- weight is the biggest factor. My current bike weighs 15.5kg- and the front end can wander- with the tyres I use it's also not very quick up hill with the added rolling resistance but that's measured against XC bikes- do I notice it with my peers- no, they would accept I don't hold them back uphill and I am often the first up- downhill though, then it's the opposite lol. Also, I've gone from a 32 chainring with 10-42 to a 30 chainring just so I'm not using as much energy on the climbs and the Spindrift appears to come with a 30 as standard which I think is ok although I take the point it depends on what you are doing.

I´m 1,83m (inside leg 86cm) and size M fits very good. The WB is 1227cm (!) with a 445er reach. The short seat tube (440)and with the revive dropper post (160mm) is a good combination for me.

my tip: visit germany and try to ride both of them, M and L ;)

Hello My German is not existent
Anyway, I've just read the 84 pages and I can't find an answer around size- why do you all have such long legs??:eek:;)
So, I appear you to be unique - I am 182cm tall with an inside leg of of 81.3cm ( I do like how this appears to be called SL ).

Hi,
I've called Propain also. I take M normally. They said, S is former M now and so on.
My Enduro has 421. Spindrift M 445 and S 425. So they're right regarding Reach and some other specifications.
So I did it and purchased it. S fits me best. The bike is around 15,5 and I have possibilities to lower the weight in the future.
In comparison to the Enduro, pedaling is a little bit more exhausting. But no pain no gain.
It's perfect on my local single trails, but I hope I can ride it in a park shortly, to prove it's downhill skills.

I'm 173 and shrinking, with 85cm inside leg. Your physical proportions are really different. :)

I´m 1,83m (inside leg 86cm) and size M fits very good. The WB is 1227cm (!) with a 445er reach. The short seat tube (440)and with the revive dropper post (160mm) is a good combination for me.

my tip: visit germany and try to ride both of them, M and L ;)

Thanks- if the seat height fits your long legs then I'll be fine in that respect :D. I had a look at flights - looks like I could either fly to Munich or Stuttgart - both are around 2hrs away according to Google. I wouldn't fly Ryanair though as I despise them- apart from the fact they probably land at some obscure place if they haven't cancelled the flight so a trip would probably be a few hundred pounds so less likely to happen.

I reckon I have 2-3 inches reach over you depending on if you have a positive ape index like me or not. If you thought you could go shorter reach and it wouldn't feel cramped then a M would seem to fit me I guess.

Hi,
I've called Propain also. I take M normally. They said, S is former M now and so on.
My Enduro has 421. Spindrift M 445 and S 425. So they're right regarding Reach and some other specifications.
So I did it and purchased it. S fits me best. The bike is around 15,5 and I have possibilities to lower the weight in the future.
In comparison to the Enduro, pedaling is a little bit more exhausting. But no pain no gain.
It's perfect on my local single trails, but I hope I can ride it in a park shortly, to prove it's downhill skills.

I'm 173 and shrinking, with 85cm inside leg. Your physical proportions are really different. :)

Thanks, is that 15.5kg with a coil shock? That's heavy- probably means with a M or a L it could be up to 17kg with decent tyres and a coil- still if that's the penalty of I'm hoping some tank like durability then so be it.

How can you have legs that long for your height? :p. To be fair, it does appear I have stumpy legs :D. One of my mates is the same height as me but has longer legs and our bike set up is so different- I can't sit on his without lowering the seat and then I feel there is no cockpit room and he just thinks mine feels all wrong lol.

Thanks, is that 15.5kg with a coil shock? That's heavy- probably means with a M or a L it could be up to 17kg with decent tyres and a coil- still if that's the penalty of I'm hoping some tank like durability then so be it.

How can you have legs that long for your height? :p. To be fair, it does appear I have stumpy legs :D. One of my mates is the same height as me but has longer legs and our bike set up is so different- I can't sit on his without lowering the seat and then I feel there is no cockpit room and he just thinks mine feels all wrong lol.
Hi Doc :D, take a look at this. It's in german, but easy to understand i guess. You can find out how much “unique“ you realy are. :bier:
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/umfrage-zu-schrittlaenge-im-verhaeltnis-zur-koerpergroesse.782474/

So, hab jetzt seit einer Woche die 550er Feder drin, bin mittlerweile schon wieder auf 3 Umdrehungen Federvorspannung und 2,5 Umdrehungen HSC und der Gummi ist trotzdem heute bei einem 3 Stufen "Drop" wieder komplett auf Anschlag gegangen (Fahrergewicht ca 80kg).
Wenn man jetzt mal davon ausgeht, dass der Gummi vielleicht 1cm dick ist und nicht komplett komprimiert wurde (was ich ja nicht überprüfen kann), hab ich im besten Fall bei einem Drop von ca 70cm den Gummi als Reserve.
Coils sind für mich wie gesagt Neuland und ich weiß auch, dass ich ziemlich ins Flat gesprungen bin, aber ist das realistisch, dass ich bei der geringen Höhe schon meinen kompletten Federweg ausreize?

So, hab jetzt seit einer Woche die 550er Feder drin, bin mittlerweile schon wieder auf 3 Umdrehungen Federvorspannung und 2,5 Umdrehungen HSC und der Gummi ist trotzdem heute bei einem 3 Stufen "Drop" wieder komplett auf Anschlag gegangen (Fahrergewicht ca 80kg).
Wenn man jetzt mal davon ausgeht, dass der Gummi vielleicht 1cm dick ist und nicht komplett komprimiert wurde (was ich ja nicht überprüfen kann), hab ich im besten Fall bei einem Drop von ca 70cm den Gummi als Reserve.
Coils sind für mich wie gesagt Neuland und ich weiß auch, dass ich ziemlich ins Flat gesprungen bin, aber ist das realistisch, dass ich bei der geringen Höhe schon meinen kompletten Federweg ausreize?

Nicht überraschend und spiegelt auch das wieder was einige andere hier (inkl. mir) auch schon feststellen mussten :ka:

@Chief-Roberts84

Kann man eigentlich auch einen 230x65 Dämpfer ins Spindrift packen?

Einbaumaß ist ja mit 230 identisch

Was würde sich ändern bzw. irgendwelche Nachteile (z.B. Probleme beim Einfedern)?

@Chief-Roberts84

Kann man eigentlich auch einen 230x65 Dämpfer ins Spindrift packen?

Einbaumaß ist ja mit 230 identisch

Was würde sich ändern bzw. irgendwelche Nachteile (z.B. Probleme beim Einfedern)?

Puh, tests dazu kenne ich nicht. Kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass es ohne Probleme geht. Es würde einem Federweg von etwa 190-195 mm entsprechen und ich denke, dann kommts irgendwo zum Kontakt. Es ist auf alle Fälle von unserer Seite so nicht vorgesehen.

Hat der normale Dämpfer nur nicht 63mm Hub bei 180mm FW? Dann dürften die 2mm Hub doch nicht soviel Travel ausmachen, oder?

Aber Achtung, d.h. nicht probieren, passt schon ;)

Ne, der Standard im Spindrift hat 60mm Hub bei 230mm Einbaulänge

Denke auch das es bei 230x65 an irgendeiner Stelle beim Einfedern nicht passen wird

Zurück
Oben Unten